Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? 08:36 - Jan 12 with 7459 viewswrightsrightglove

Feel like the club should really make a thing of playing Edward Ebenezer just before kick off in home games. Loop the chorus three times and have a decent graphic with the words on on the big screen. Feel like it’s our only original song and could get the whole ground involved, kid friendly and catchy once you know the words. It would be good to encourage everyone to teach the words to their kids etc and get everyone involved.

Looping it would mean that everyone would be in time, I think when it’s sung by section 6, by the time it’s caught on and has reached the other parts of the ground there’s just enough time for people to sing ‘but everybody calls me Ted’ and then it’s done.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:08 - Jan 12 with 2014 viewswrightsrightglove

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:01 - Jan 12 by Steve_M

Sheepy did that with 'Singing the Blues' and it felt forced whereas when we first sung that, organically, against Norwich it was excellent.

I'm not sure it works in the way you suggest, much better when it's sung organically.

But it’s rarely sung organically, and not a lot else is. We occasionally get a rendition of it from the SBRL but certainly not from the whole ground. This would try and encourage everyone to know the words, know the tune and all sing in time. Once it was established then it would be sung organically during the games. I don’t think anyone would say you’ll never walk alone at Liverpool feels forced because they play the song before kick off, or that it prevents the song from being sung organically during the game.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:18 - Jan 12 with 1976 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:16 - Jan 12 by Sarge

I don't think a 1960s Carry On soundtrack really fits with the modern, dynamic football club vibe that Ashton & Co are aiming for.

I like that we actually have an original song but it's a pretty embarrassing one.

Not as embarrasing as "have a little scrimmage"
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:38 - Jan 12 with 1957 viewsN2_Blue

I don't think a 1960s Carry On soundtrack really fits with the modern, dynamic football club vibe that Ashton & Co are aiming for.

I like that we actually have an original song but it's a pretty embarrassing one.

What? What a strange take.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:42 - Jan 12 with 1954 viewsN2_Blue

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 09:58 - Jan 12 by Sarge

No opposition would be intimidated by EEJB because it’s the kind of song OAPs might sing on their bus trip to Margate. The West Ham and Norwich songs have both been mentioned on the ‘worst football chant’ thread recently so I’m not sure it’s in particularly great company!

Ridiculous. Not every song / chant is about intimidation, in fact most arent. It’s about atmosphere and being together, unity, loyalty and supporting our club, not giving grief to the oppo. You’ve really got this all wrong.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:00 - Jan 12 with 1925 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:01 - Jan 12 by JackNorthStand

Singing the blues. Awful

That's just like, your opinion, man

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:03 - Jan 12 with 1919 viewsSarge

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:42 - Jan 12 by N2_Blue

Ridiculous. Not every song / chant is about intimidation, in fact most arent. It’s about atmosphere and being together, unity, loyalty and supporting our club, not giving grief to the oppo. You’ve really got this all wrong.

I really haven’t. I was responding to a post about how songs can be intimidating to the opposition, I wasn’t claiming songs have to be intimidating. Frankly I couldn’t care less what people sing at football, even if it is the rambling mess that is EEJB.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:07 - Jan 12 with 1914 viewsaardvaark

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:45 - Jan 12 by SheffordBlue

They should ask Sheeran to record a video version of it to put on the big screen. Given his pull if they released it it would probably get to No 1 in the charts......

Great shout!

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:10 - Jan 12 with 1902 viewsSarge

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:26 - Jan 12 by FrankfurtBlue

Surely, the point of going to a football stadium to support your team is to actually support them, even if a song doesn't meet your standards. Or is it better to sit there in silence, thinking this is embarrassing, waiting for something better to come along?

I think you’re overthinking this. I go to football to watch football, I couldn’t care less what people choose to sing or whether they sing at all. But I think this nicely highlights the tribal nature of football fans that there can be one thread deriding Norwich’s ‘unique’ chant and then this one vehemently defending ours.
Login to get fewer ads

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:28 - Jan 12 with 1853 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:10 - Jan 12 by Sarge

I think you’re overthinking this. I go to football to watch football, I couldn’t care less what people choose to sing or whether they sing at all. But I think this nicely highlights the tribal nature of football fans that there can be one thread deriding Norwich’s ‘unique’ chant and then this one vehemently defending ours.

No need to overthink it. It is simple. There are different types of supporter. Many are prepared to give vocal support, in the hope that it makes a difference. As I said before, players do appreciate it, stating that it helps the team. Other supporters pay their money and merely want to be entertained. A great man once criticised that sort as Zombies!
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 19:43 - Jan 12 with 1711 viewsbrazil1981

Sorry, can’t stand it! It comes across as a jokey ditty to me, not a decent football song that’ll get everyone singing!
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 19:44 - Jan 12 with 1710 viewsbrazil1981

Totally agree!
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 20:27 - Jan 12 with 1665 viewsgazzer1999

There is only one song, can't believe no else has thought of it after all the c*ap we have seen the last few years.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 07:48 - Apr 19 with 945 viewsgazzer1999

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 20:27 - Jan 12 by gazzer1999

There is only one song, can't believe no else has thought of it after all the c*ap we have seen the last few years.

Glad that the club finally played this banging tune before the start of last nights game. This song was made for Game Changer and Super Kieron.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:01 - Apr 19 with 928 viewstextbackup

I emailed the club about this sometime back, didn’t hear anything.

However, I’ve got to the stage now where if I don’t hear that little group in lower north sing it then I fear we won’t win.

It wasn’t sung until the second half yesterday, we went on to score twice.

So it’s actually true

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:10 - Apr 19 with 890 viewseastangliaisblue

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:01 - Jan 12 by JackNorthStand

Singing the blues. Awful

Singing the blues really gives me the ick.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:16 - Apr 19 with 883 viewsxrayspecs

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 07:48 - Apr 19 by gazzer1999

Glad that the club finally played this banging tune before the start of last nights game. This song was made for Game Changer and Super Kieron.

Noticed this the play list last night after it had been suggested on here. Like it a lot.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:33 - Apr 19 with 855 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 10:01 - Jan 12 by wrightsrightglove

It doesn’t have to be intimidating. As others on this thread have mentioned, their kids love it, so it’s another positive experience for them if everyone bangs it out at Portman road and if it gets more people involved and willing to make some noise then it’s better than everyone just sitting there in silence like they currently do. Anything that encourages some noise and atmosphere and furthering the next generation’s interest in the club should be wholeheartedly welcomed IMO.

"it’s better than everyone just sitting there in silence like they currently do."

This is just nonsense, the atmosphere has been amazing this season. Maybe you need to check your hearing aid.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:35 - Apr 19 with 853 viewswrightsrightglove

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:33 - Apr 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

"it’s better than everyone just sitting there in silence like they currently do."

This is just nonsense, the atmosphere has been amazing this season. Maybe you need to check your hearing aid.

This post was from January, when the atmosphere wasn’t particularly amazing, and anything that can be done to improve the atmosphere should be welcomed. Get out of the wrong side of bed this morning?
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:39 - Apr 19 with 842 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 19:44 - Jan 12 by brazil1981

Totally agree!

Yeah me too, never liked EEJB. Just because it's unique doesn't mean it's good.

The Story Of The Blues, however, would be unique AND a good song.

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:47 - Apr 20 with 768 viewslizzibee

I love this song and it's the first song I taught my small. I hate 'singing the blues' as it just seems so generic but this is our song and it's unique to us. I think an approach to the club is in order for next season.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:57 - Apr 20 with 755 viewsJackNorthStand

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 12:47 - Apr 20 by lizzibee

I love this song and it's the first song I taught my small. I hate 'singing the blues' as it just seems so generic but this is our song and it's unique to us. I think an approach to the club is in order for next season.

Worst thing about singing the blues for the is the singer, singing in an American accent.
Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 13:51 - Apr 20 with 710 viewshoppy

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 11:42 - Jan 12 by N2_Blue

Indeed.

Exhibit A, M'Lud...

[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 13:55]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 14:02 - Apr 20 with 690 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:35 - Apr 19 by wrightsrightglove

This post was from January, when the atmosphere wasn’t particularly amazing, and anything that can be done to improve the atmosphere should be welcomed. Get out of the wrong side of bed this morning?

Apologies, didn't realise this post was from Jan. I hate it when people dig up old posts, throws everything out of whack!

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 14:08 - Apr 20 with 679 viewsnoggin

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 08:39 - Apr 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah me too, never liked EEJB. Just because it's unique doesn't mean it's good.

The Story Of The Blues, however, would be unique AND a good song.

I don't dislike the song, it just doesn't lend itself to being sung by a football crowd.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 14:14 - Apr 20 with 674 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Edward Ebenezer pre-game? on 14:08 - Apr 20 by noggin

I don't dislike the song, it just doesn't lend itself to being sung by a football crowd.

You could say that about loads of football songs. They don't, until they're done. I wouldn't say EEJB lends itself any more than the chorus of TSOTB.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024