Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nerves amongst the fanbase... 13:54 - Jan 16 with 6174 viewsITFC_Forever

Said it before and I'll say it again....

After 20+ years of almost non-stop dross and decline, the fanbase don't know how to react to being half-decent again.
And so when a bit of adversity comes our way, we panic and think the sky is falling in - as that's all we've known for the last couple of decades. (edit: And I know I am as guilty of this as the next man!)

That said, not throwing away leads in injury time would help alleviate this....
[Post edited 16 Jan 2023 14:29]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 16:56 - Jan 16 with 783 viewsFrimleyBlue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 16:54 - Jan 16 by BigCommon

Nope, no follow up... I'm actually annoyed with my self for biting in the first place. Wasn't trying to start an argument. Merely trying to make the point, that, if you offer no support to the Club in your posts or replies. Then you are not a supporter. You may be a customer, or even a follower. But by definition, you are not a supporter.

Everyone's a customer.

And I do certainly share some supportive comments.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 17:28 - Jan 16 with 742 viewsVegtablue

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:36 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Why. He's done nothing to earn any.

As I said, when he has, then naturally the trust will be there. At present he's not stopped a blip. Over to him to solve it.

I'm worried we'll fall short of top 2 this season but that is mad lol. He's improved us no end since taking the job.
Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 728 viewsDubtractor

Agreed with that general sentiment Phil - we are very quick to see/assume the worst after two decades of misery. We do need to try and stay positive and supportive as a fanbase though - sure voice frustrations about individual results etc, but we've got to see and appreciate the bigger picture. We are doing well, and will continue to do so, but this season was never ever going to be a cakewalk.

As an aside, this thread is a good example of how the ignore function fails if the ignored poster is a prolific poster - the thread is just a collection of mystery replies!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 17:44 - Jan 16 with 698 viewsDyland

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 17:35 - Jan 16 by Dubtractor

Agreed with that general sentiment Phil - we are very quick to see/assume the worst after two decades of misery. We do need to try and stay positive and supportive as a fanbase though - sure voice frustrations about individual results etc, but we've got to see and appreciate the bigger picture. We are doing well, and will continue to do so, but this season was never ever going to be a cakewalk.

As an aside, this thread is a good example of how the ignore function fails if the ignored poster is a prolific poster - the thread is just a collection of mystery replies!

Thread mode is your friend :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 17:49 - Jan 16 with 686 viewsDubtractor

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 17:44 - Jan 16 by Dyland

Thread mode is your friend :)

Yeah, but thread mode is for losers innit?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 18:25 - Jan 16 with 637 viewsDyland

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 17:49 - Jan 16 by Dubtractor

Yeah, but thread mode is for losers innit?

Discerning losers, innit.

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 19:10 - Jan 16 with 589 viewsFtnfwest

Just enjoying the footy to be honest and being competitive. If we don’t enjoy these sorts of seasons, by the time we get promoted and find it tougher again we’ll be miserable then as well.
Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 19:28 - Jan 16 with 558 viewsOldFart71

Doesn't it really come down to trust. The players can rely on huge support home and away. But due to years of piss poor managers, players coming in who's only interest was enhancing their pension fund, paying off the bookies or off field activities, whether that's getting as many lagers down their throat or wrestling and an owner who after three disastrous managers gave up and still managed to convince all and sundry that he had the club at heart is it any wonder that the old nerves jangle at the first hint of a slump. We are still in the top three. Game in hand and have Wednesday to come. The fans although a bit wobbly are still backing the team. Now it's the teams time to show fans there's no need to panic.
Login to get fewer ads

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 20:03 - Jan 16 with 519 viewsMullet

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 18:25 - Jan 16 by Dyland

Discerning losers, innit.

Disgusting losers, innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Here he is! on 20:16 - Jan 16 with 497 viewsDyland

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 20:03 - Jan 16 by Mullet

Disgusting losers, innit.

arf x

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 08:23 - Jan 17 with 384 viewstextbackup

Nerves amongst the fanbase... on 15:36 - Jan 16 by FrimleyBlue

Why. He's done nothing to earn any.

As I said, when he has, then naturally the trust will be there. At present he's not stopped a blip. Over to him to solve it.

easily the stupidest thing i've read on here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024