Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 17:29 - Jan 22 with 1288 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Not a big fan of thinking about other teams' fixtures/results but...

Tuesday night, home to Morecambe - a good opportunity to bounce back. Wednesday take on Cheltenham away - probably a routine win for them. Plymouth don't play - erasing our game in hand.

None of us (nor Derby) in action over the weekend due to the Cup.

Then back in business the week after with an away day at Cambridge that we should be putting away comfortably. Meanwhile Plymouth and Wednesday lock horns. A draw would be ideal, but a win either way still closes a gap for us.

Do our jobs and there's a good chance we start February only five points behind both, and at least maintain the current gap from Derby. Nowhere near as stark as things look right now. Will it be as straightforward as that? Almost certainly not, but the doom is not quite as impending as it seems.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 18:38 - Jan 22 with 1133 viewsFtnfwest

Going Tuesday for the first time in a little while and can’t wait tbh
Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 18:56 - Jan 22 with 1093 viewsgardins01

Current form table has Morcambe in 4th. Dont think tuesday will be the easy game some are expecting
Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 19:03 - Jan 22 with 1067 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 18:56 - Jan 22 by gardins01

Current form table has Morcambe in 4th. Dont think tuesday will be the easy game some are expecting

Not necessarily easy, but one we should be winning against a bottom four side. They also haven't played since the 7th of January, so hard to really say they are in any kind of form.

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 19:35 - Jan 22 with 1005 viewsArnieM

Just about every one of the next months worth of league games are games Town “ should comfortably be winning” …. But Town have rarely if ever, won these kind if games when the chips are down. It seems to be written in our DNA, that we fall at these hurdles when our rivals always seem to breeze through these games. This w/e being a classic example when comparing the top 3 teams. Until we can become mentally stronger and ruthless with our chances so often spurned, we will be also rans, I fear.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 21:01 - Jan 22 with 890 viewshoppy

Going to be a tough ask, 2 games in 2 days there, with a long journey for the second…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 21:14 - Jan 22 with 849 viewsStewart27

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 19:35 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

Just about every one of the next months worth of league games are games Town “ should comfortably be winning” …. But Town have rarely if ever, won these kind if games when the chips are down. It seems to be written in our DNA, that we fall at these hurdles when our rivals always seem to breeze through these games. This w/e being a classic example when comparing the top 3 teams. Until we can become mentally stronger and ruthless with our chances so often spurned, we will be also rans, I fear.

You’re absolutely right.

But this isn’t the time to be typical Ipswich. We can’t afford to. So we need not to be this team and go out and do it. Anything less than 3 points on Tuesday and it’s curtains for automatic. We all know this.

This isn’t the time to look at past failings.
Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 21:28 - Jan 22 with 815 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 19:35 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

Yep, you're right that for at least the last 20 years, when it comes to the crunch we are weak-kneed. History doesn't have to repeat itself though. I've got this nagging feeling that this time will be different, I think they call it "belief" but I'm not familiar. It's been a very stodgy spell, but we're still in this with 19 to go. I think it's going down to the wire but I genuinely do believe we can do this with the manager and players at our disposal. We've barely seen anything of the new signings yet, once they get going we're on a one way ticket out of here baby!

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 21:55 - Jan 22 with 762 viewsGuthrum

Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 on 18:56 - Jan 22 by gardins01

Morecambe are 4th in the form table having beaten Accrington (20th), Burton (23rd) and Cheltenham (18th), all at home, plus a draw with Exeter way back at the start of December.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024