Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. 18:28 - Feb 5 with 11985 viewsChondzoresk

I’ll probably be ridiculed here……but anyway…

8.45am yesterday morning travelling towards Palgrave Village, my wife (a massive sceptic of anything weird) screams “WTF is that? There’s a big object up there” I laughed, but she told me to stop and look.

I stopped at a lay by near the village on Lion Road looking towards Roydon and Bressingham across open fields and there hanging in the sky about 200-300 feet up and say a couple of miles away was a large dark, almost black odd shaped object just hovering and no sound….I photographed and took video of it, again not being tech savvy, not sure how to upload it here.

We then tried to track it, to Roydon, where we believe it was, but unfortunately it had completely vanished.

It was way too big for a drone, not a hot air balloon and no it wasn’t a Chinese weather balloon.

The only thing I can think of is a TR3-B Black Manta experimental aircraft. But there’s never been ever any confirmation that these exist.

I have contacted and filled out an official Bufora form with the details, images and they are very interested in my sighting and I am in conversation with them.

So, has anyone else seen any kind of odd object in the sky? Or am I just loopy and lost the plot?
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 18:35 - Feb 5 with 5306 viewsSwansea_Blue

I saw something really weird a couple of summers ago over Gower. It was like a large cross-like structure hovering in the sky maybe a few thousand feet up - using the hills for scale I could tell it was a long way off but also huge (a couple of 00s of metres high or more). Gave me goose bumps, but I’ve not been able to find anyone else that saw it. I’m convinced I wasn’t hallucinating and it wasn’t a reflection of something nearer. Weird and literally a UFO for me.

Oh, and probably not a good idea to tell everyone on here you think your wife is massive. They get a bit touchy about these things

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 18:43 - Feb 5 with 5277 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 18:35 - Feb 5 by Swansea_Blue

I saw something really weird a couple of summers ago over Gower. It was like a large cross-like structure hovering in the sky maybe a few thousand feet up - using the hills for scale I could tell it was a long way off but also huge (a couple of 00s of metres high or more). Gave me goose bumps, but I’ve not been able to find anyone else that saw it. I’m convinced I wasn’t hallucinating and it wasn’t a reflection of something nearer. Weird and literally a UFO for me.

Oh, and probably not a good idea to tell everyone on here you think your wife is massive. They get a bit touchy about these things

Cheers, I’m glad it’s not just me then. What we saw was not right, unexplainable. Normally, I’d have laughed it off, but I’m at a real loss. No one as far as I know has reported anything locally. So, I’m just questioning myself.

You’re right, my wife would be furious if she read that back.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 18:44 - Feb 5 with 5274 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Get Lucan to tell you how to upload photos.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 18:58 - Feb 5 with 5228 viewspointofblue

Years ago, when I was was a child, we were coming home from Woodbridge on Christmas Eve when I spotted something glowing gold in the sky, almost looked like a sled. I thought it was Santa so didn't say anything - I thought I wouldn't get any presents if I'd spotted him.

It's one of my earliest memories.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:00 - Feb 5 with 5228 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 18:43 - Feb 5 by Chondzoresk

Cheers, I’m glad it’s not just me then. What we saw was not right, unexplainable. Normally, I’d have laughed it off, but I’m at a real loss. No one as far as I know has reported anything locally. So, I’m just questioning myself.

I'll be working in Palgrave on Wednesday at a client of mine who tracks aircraft and other air traffic. I'll ask him if he's spotted anything unusual.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:00 - Feb 5 with 5227 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

You may well be ridiculed, but I would be interested in seeing your documentation - don't know how to share such a thing on here, but if you set up an imgur account, you could upload it there and link us.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:05 - Feb 5 with 5189 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:00 - Feb 5 by StochesStotasBlewe

I'll be working in Palgrave on Wednesday at a client of mine who tracks aircraft and other air traffic. I'll ask him if he's spotted anything unusual.

Please do, I'd be very interested if he did see anything out of place.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:07 - Feb 5 with 5180 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:00 - Feb 5 by SlippinJimmyJuan

You may well be ridiculed, but I would be interested in seeing your documentation - don't know how to share such a thing on here, but if you set up an imgur account, you could upload it there and link us.

I'd be happy to share it with you. I'll try now, but bear with please
Login to get fewer ads

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:12 - Feb 5 with 5171 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:00 - Feb 5 by SlippinJimmyJuan

https://imgur.com/QJgQ0qi

Bit blurry, but think you can’t just see it.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:14 - Feb 5 with 5144 viewsSwansea_Blue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 18:43 - Feb 5 by Chondzoresk

It’s odd, isn’t it? I’m in no way inclined to believe we’ve got aliens buzzing around or really weird super secret military projects overhead. But when you see something outside of what you can comprehend it totally throws you. Whatever it was I saw still un-nerves me know when I think about it. It’s easy to see how people get sucked into conspiracies. Or maybe we aren’t alone….

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:18 - Feb 5 with 5127 viewsbournemouthblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:12 - Feb 5 by Chondzoresk

almost looks like two balloons next to one another, how did it move?

Could be something like this?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 19:22]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:25 - Feb 5 with 5092 viewsJuggsy

I worked on radar for 30 years in the RAF and never once saw anything that couldn't really be explained - generally the first thing anyone asks me! I did, however, see concorde going supersonic on radar back in 1990 on raw radar and thought it was a missile lol.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:28 - Feb 5 with 5072 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:18 - Feb 5 by bournemouthblue

There was no movement to the left or right. Just didnt move, as i said we moved towards where it should have been, but it had vanished in the 5 minutes it took us to get there.

It could well be an odd shaped blimp, but no one has reported anything odd, even on our local fb page. So, I'm scratching my head for logical answers, but may be it though.

However, never seen anything like your image before in the skies around us.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:30 - Feb 5 with 5068 viewshomer_123

It's a Space Invader??!!

Joking aside, yep - not something that you see regularly in the sky.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:30 - Feb 5 with 5066 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, Pamala Anderson’s bra blown off the washing line again. It all makes sense now.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:37 - Feb 5 with 5044 viewsSwansea_Blue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:25 - Feb 5 by Juggsy

I worked on radar for 30 years in the RAF and never once saw anything that couldn't really be explained - generally the first thing anyone asks me! I did, however, see concorde going supersonic on radar back in 1990 on raw radar and thought it was a missile lol.

Concorde was ace. It used to set off the retrofitted car alarm on my Rover 216 when I lived under the flight path in Old Windsor, but I forgive it. TWTD.

A flight on Concorde would definitely be on my can’t do anymore bucket list.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:41 - Feb 5 with 5017 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

That certainly is interesting. Unusual shape, very eye catching. Could it be explained by something fairly normal? Probably, but I would definitely have a similar reaction to you.

I have never seen something like that during daytime hours, but on a couple of occasions I have seen an object at night which has just looked like a glowing orb some way away, relatively low in the sky above the expansive valley that rolls towards the coast over 15 miles away. What has drawn me to it is the way it moves, up and down and side to side, in a way that is only really familiar to a helicopter, but even then there is something oddly smooth about its movements and the light is like no helicopter I have ever seen. Still, nothing that couldn't be explained by someone with a bit more knowledge of aviation, satellites, whatever.

The thing that really threw me off was when I saw the light split off, this glowing orb becoming four smaller lights that just shot off and disappeared. This whole thing has only happened twice, and as far as I could tell, was fundamentally identical (although I don't have a telescope or binoculars that would allow me to be more confident of that). I don't have any theories on what I saw, but whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm drawn to the window from which I first saw it, hoping to see it for a third time.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:52 - Feb 5 with 4969 viewsOldsmoker

Ignore all rumours that I started posting on TWTD the day after a UFO was spotted over Bristol.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:53 - Feb 5 with 4962 viewsChondzoresk

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:41 - Feb 5 by SlippinJimmyJuan

That certainly is interesting. Unusual shape, very eye catching. Could it be explained by something fairly normal? Probably, but I would definitely have a similar reaction to you.

I have never seen something like that during daytime hours, but on a couple of occasions I have seen an object at night which has just looked like a glowing orb some way away, relatively low in the sky above the expansive valley that rolls towards the coast over 15 miles away. What has drawn me to it is the way it moves, up and down and side to side, in a way that is only really familiar to a helicopter, but even then there is something oddly smooth about its movements and the light is like no helicopter I have ever seen. Still, nothing that couldn't be explained by someone with a bit more knowledge of aviation, satellites, whatever.

The thing that really threw me off was when I saw the light split off, this glowing orb becoming four smaller lights that just shot off and disappeared. This whole thing has only happened twice, and as far as I could tell, was fundamentally identical (although I don't have a telescope or binoculars that would allow me to be more confident of that). I don't have any theories on what I saw, but whenever I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm drawn to the window from which I first saw it, hoping to see it for a third time.

I hope you see it again. Sounds very interesting and odd. There is stuff out there we cannot explain.

Bufora the UK UFO group are now investigating it. They are a bit perplexed as it was in the morning and as you say a bit eye catching. I agree with Homer saying it’s like a space invader shape. I showed my wife an artist’s impression of a TR3B and she said it’s a big no. So, unless it was a sort of airship I guess it will be a UFO of some kind.
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:24 - Feb 5 with 4826 viewsPinewoodblue

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:53 - Feb 5 by Chondzoresk

I hope you see it again. Sounds very interesting and odd. There is stuff out there we cannot explain.

Bufora the UK UFO group are now investigating it. They are a bit perplexed as it was in the morning and as you say a bit eye catching. I agree with Homer saying it’s like a space invader shape. I showed my wife an artist’s impression of a TR3B and she said it’s a big no. So, unless it was a sort of airship I guess it will be a UFO of some kind.

Until someone identifies it for you it will be a UFO.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:38 - Feb 5 with 4753 viewsMullet

A literal representation of Prince's lesser known B-side When Gimps Fart?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:40 - Feb 5 with 4731 viewsMaySixth

Drone?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 20:45 - Feb 5 with 4695 viewsMummy_Short_Arms

Haven't seen anything myself, but recently worked on a Sky History series on UFOs/ the 'Phenomena'. There definitely seems to be something unexplained in our skies and oceans, as admitted by Obama and supported by an ever increasing number of credible witnesses. The most compelling account, for me, is US military pilot David Fravor, and the 2004 Nimitz incident.

If interested, Stanford scientist Garry Nolan's musings on the subject are well worth checking out:

[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 20:47]
U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 21:01 - Feb 5 with 4574 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 19:53 - Feb 5 by Chondzoresk

Me too, I am more prepared to film it if I see it again - the first time I didn't even think about it until it was too late, the second time I did film it but my phone was just not set up adequately and the resulting footage shows basically nothing. I now have a quick set up that I can toggle which I believe will at least yield something worth sharing, even if the quality of the camera still leaves a lot to be desired.

Appreciate your posting it, and would welcome any updates you get from Bufora/any other sightings you find going forward

U.F.O. over North Suffolk/South Norfolk. on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 4498 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Sheffield Wednesday weather balloon innit

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024