Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing the reaction to Saturday 09:26 - Feb 6 with 3995 viewsBobbychase

Concerns me if, as is likely, we end up in the play-offs.

Buckle up folks. You've seen nothing yet in terms of twists and turns and needing to hold your nerve.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 09:29 - Feb 6 with 2741 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I absolutely love the play offs, as a neutral. I don't think I can hack them if Town get in.

Good thing we are going to win the rest of our games and finish 1st.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 09:32 - Feb 6 with 2718 viewsBobbychase

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 09:29 - Feb 6 by TRUE_BLUE123

I absolutely love the play offs, as a neutral. I don't think I can hack them if Town get in.

Good thing we are going to win the rest of our games and finish 1st.

"You Happy Clappers sicken me."

Did I do it right?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 09:40 - Feb 6 with 2678 viewsbrazil1982

I don't think I could handle it again. Only hope is it's v Barnsley or Bolton so I have a chance of a ticket.
Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 09:53 - Feb 6 with 2613 viewsbilllm

Won't do nothing even if we get to the play offs, bottle jobs
Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 09:58 - Feb 6 with 2593 viewsBobbychase

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 09:53 - Feb 6 by billlm

Won't do nothing even if we get to the play offs, bottle jobs

That's more like it.

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:08 - Feb 6 with 2550 viewsitfcsuth

Infuriates me the reaction when we drop points. The air of arrogance that we should stroll this league is ridiculous - spending money doesn't guarantee or give you the right to win anything - endless amounts of examples have shown this in football history.

It's a turgid league, really demanding and difficult to get out of with teams low block defending 85% of the time. Teams with smaller resources really do raise their games against us, often finding extra % against the 'bigger' team.

We sit 3rd in the league, having a difficult patch, and too many fans are wilting already, absolutely pathetic - you have to stick with your team when they go through the rough patches - it's what being a fan is all about.
Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:09 - Feb 6 with 2544 viewsBobbychase

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:08 - Feb 6 by itfcsuth

Infuriates me the reaction when we drop points. The air of arrogance that we should stroll this league is ridiculous - spending money doesn't guarantee or give you the right to win anything - endless amounts of examples have shown this in football history.

It's a turgid league, really demanding and difficult to get out of with teams low block defending 85% of the time. Teams with smaller resources really do raise their games against us, often finding extra % against the 'bigger' team.

We sit 3rd in the league, having a difficult patch, and too many fans are wilting already, absolutely pathetic - you have to stick with your team when they go through the rough patches - it's what being a fan is all about.

I do find it depressing how quickly some people turn. But then I still think they are the minority.

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:11 - Feb 6 with 2532 viewsFrimleyBlue

4 wins. 3 months.

3 months!

How is it entitlement or arrogance to want more than that when we've spent what we have on players.

We re 3rd yes. But thank fk for that first period of the season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

QED (n/t) on 10:12 - Feb 6 with 2527 viewsDyland

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:11 - Feb 6 by FrimleyBlue

4 wins. 3 months.

3 months!

How is it entitlement or arrogance to want more than that when we've spent what we have on players.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:16 - Feb 6 with 2496 viewsWeirdFishes

I don’t think it’s arrogance to expect to beat the team 2nd bottom in the league in woeful form, especially with the performance we got.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:16 - Feb 6 with 2495 viewsBobbychase

4 wins. 3 months.

3 months!

His point about fans sticking with the team through difficult times still holds though, despite recent poor form.

You talk about the money spent. How easily people forget us signing Leon Best on loan on deadline day. We're failing to live up to expectation on the pitch at the moment (although the 4-0 win against Morecambe seems to have been scrubbed from the records) but it's not wrong to be content/relieved with how the club is doing off the pitch at the moment.

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:21 - Feb 6 with 2455 viewsitfcsuth

4 wins. 3 months.

3 months!

Only 2 defeats. Far too many draws - but we are far from hitting panic stations as some would want you to believe.

Everybody wants more than the form we have been in lately, players, staff & fans - but sitting on fans forums and social media whinging and wining because we've had a bumpy road lately has been embarrassing.

We are supporters of the club, our job is to support, through good times and bad.
Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:22 - Feb 6 with 2443 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:16 - Feb 6 by Bobbychase

His point about fans sticking with the team through difficult times still holds though, despite recent poor form.

You talk about the money spent. How easily people forget us signing Leon Best on loan on deadline day. We're failing to live up to expectation on the pitch at the moment (although the 4-0 win against Morecambe seems to have been scrubbed from the records) but it's not wrong to be content/relieved with how the club is doing off the pitch at the moment.

Plenty of people have mentioned the morcambe game. Me included so no its not been forgotten. And it's part of the 4 wins.

People will stick with the club. For now attendances won't suffer.

What will continue to happen tho is people being rightfully not happy with how things are going. It's not going great. It was. But at present it isn't.

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:24 - Feb 6 with 2423 viewsPinewoodblue

4 wins. 3 months.

3 months!

Beginning to think that our problems are not related to tactics nor the skill set of the squad.

Are the players motivated enough, they ought to be presumably their wages will be significantly better in the Championship. In the past we had too many old hands who perhaps lacked ambition to play at a higher level.

That shouldn’t be the case with the current set up.

Can’t be too difficult to convince players that next season, instead of going to Accrington they want to play at nearby Preston, or Blackburn. They want to play Bristol City, instead of Rovers. They want to play on a bigger stage at bigger grounds and in front of bigger crowds.

Need to treat the rest of the season as an adventure leading to a better future.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:28 - Feb 6 with 2393 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:21 - Feb 6 by itfcsuth

Only 2 defeats. Far too many draws - but we are far from hitting panic stations as some would want you to believe.

Everybody wants more than the form we have been in lately, players, staff & fans - but sitting on fans forums and social media whinging and wining because we've had a bumpy road lately has been embarrassing.

We are supporters of the club, our job is to support, through good times and bad.

It's embarrassing to you.

It's embarrassing to me that people take to message boards claiming we have the best manager in the league. Best team in the league, Etc when we've only won 4 games in 3 months.

It's also embarrassing that no one can accept that players aren't performing, yet surely if they were all performing we wouldn't have such a rubbish record.

Either side of the fence is embarrassing to those on the opposite side.

We all want the same thing. But these posts about entitlement and arrogance are bizarre.

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:29 - Feb 6 with 2371 viewsBobbychase

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:22 - Feb 6 by FrimleyBlue

Plenty of people have mentioned the morcambe game. Me included so no its not been forgotten. And it's part of the 4 wins.

People will stick with the club. For now attendances won't suffer.

What will continue to happen tho is people being rightfully not happy with how things are going. It's not going great. It was. But at present it isn't.

None of us are happy though. We just react in different ways. I want us to win every game we play, always have done.

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:32 - Feb 6 with 2335 viewsFrimleyBlue

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:29 - Feb 6 by Bobbychase

None of us are happy though. We just react in different ways. I want us to win every game we play, always have done.

Exactly. A different way. Not a right or wrong way. A different way.

Waka waka eh eh

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:35 - Feb 6 with 2326 viewsBobbychase

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:32 - Feb 6 by FrimleyBlue

Exactly. A different way. Not a right or wrong way. A different way.

But (not you) some fans bring out the Happy Clapper tag if you do something like dare to clap the players off.

I understand why people are frustrated, and I'm not going to tell them not to boo etc - they paid their money etc. But don't then criticise me for not joining in as though I am some deluded fool who is happy in League One. None of us are.

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:55 - Feb 6 with 2248 viewsBlueBadger

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:09 - Feb 6 by Bobbychase

I do find it depressing how quickly some people turn. But then I still think they are the minority.

In all fairness, Frimmers hasn't 'turned', he's been running with the whole 'booooooo smarmy' for a long while tho.

Most of us if we'd embarrassed ourselves in public as badly as that would have quietly started a new life. Frimmers has opted to use it as a base for his personality.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 10:59]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:00 - Feb 6 with 2217 viewshomer_123

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:16 - Feb 6 by WeirdFishes

I don’t think it’s arrogance to expect to beat the team 2nd bottom in the league in woeful form, especially with the performance we got.

Well, it is slightly arrogant because football is football. Wins and losses can often come out of nowhere.

You'd hope we'd have beaten Cambs at the weekend. But, remember, we have a shocking away record there, our run of late is mixed at best.

So, yes, slightly arrogant to assume we'd roll over Cambs.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:09 - Feb 6 with 2186 viewshomer_123

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 10:28 - Feb 6 by FrimleyBlue

It's embarrassing to you.

It's embarrassing to me that people take to message boards claiming we have the best manager in the league. Best team in the league, Etc when we've only won 4 games in 3 months.

It's also embarrassing that no one can accept that players aren't performing, yet surely if they were all performing we wouldn't have such a rubbish record.

Either side of the fence is embarrassing to those on the opposite side.

We all want the same thing. But these posts about entitlement and arrogance are bizarre.

'It's also embarrassing that no one can accept that players aren't performing...''

Patently untrue.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:13 - Feb 6 with 2164 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

See also "insert player is too good for league one"

Infuriating, they haven't proved they are too good for league one.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:18 - Feb 6 with 2145 viewstextbackup

Absolutely bullsht is the reaction down to arrogance thinking we’ll walk it.

We are 2/3 months into a bad run of form, in league 1.

If fans were ok with that I’d question why I give a fck. Saturday was poor, so not only was it a bad result we also didn’t play well. Not a great combo is it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:22 - Feb 6 with 2120 viewsGunnsAirkick

Plymouth are stuttering now just as we are, so I think Derby will take the 2nd spot. It's not impossible for us, but it's not looking likely is it?

I wouldn't be surprised if the playoffs are us, Plymouth, Bolton and Barnsley, which could lead to a redo of 2000. I am not confident though, our playoff record is shocking!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 11:30]
Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:27 - Feb 6 with 2082 viewstextbackup

Seeing the reaction to Saturday on 11:22 - Feb 6 by GunnsAirkick

Plymouth are stuttering now just as we are, so I think Derby will take the 2nd spot. It's not impossible for us, but it's not looking likely is it?

I wouldn't be surprised if the playoffs are us, Plymouth, Bolton and Barnsley, which could lead to a redo of 2000. I am not confident though, our playoff record is shocking!
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 11:30]

Everything is pointing towards a miserable semi final knock out. 1-0 after 180mins of football.

But we’ll have big crowds, so that will be celebrated in some strange circles.

I can take losing, and drawing, but this is now a sustained period of poor results, can only hope KM has an idea of how to fix it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024