Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth 15:35 - Feb 5 with 5298 viewsLeoMuff

Scarr and Cooper off injured yesterday, which if significant are huge blows to them. This has to be our chance now to close the gap as after Sheff Wednesday the 5 games after that are winnable.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Plymouth on 16:06 - Feb 5 with 4678 viewsnoggin

How do you define winnable? Because as I see it, they're the games we're not winning.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Plymouth on 16:10 - Feb 5 with 4643 viewsFrimleyBlue

Plymouth on 16:06 - Feb 5 by noggin

How do you define winnable? Because as I see it, they're the games we're not winning.

I think with us it's really simple.

Play like we did with the intensity v morcambe and the organisational toughness as we did v Burnley and we can win any game.

We just need to do it every game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Plymouth on 16:14 - Feb 5 with 4641 viewsLeoMuff

Plymouth on 16:06 - Feb 5 by noggin

Certainly we are struggling at present, but I would rather Bristol Rovers a2ay than Derby or Bolton.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Plymouth on 16:14 - Feb 5 with 4636 viewsJ2BLUE

Yesterday was a winnable game and we could easily have been 3-0 down at HT.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Plymouth on 16:40 - Feb 5 with 4519 viewsArnieM

It’ll matter not a bit what happens st the top two clubs if we can’t win our matches.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Plymouth on 16:42 - Feb 5 with 4486 viewsFrimleyBlue

Plymouth on 16:40 - Feb 5 by ArnieM

It’ll matter not a bit what happens st the top two clubs if we can’t win our matches.

As I said yesterday. Sounds awful but if those injuries happend a month ago. I'd be buzzing.
But now we've let derby in.. it's not even that positive now.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 16:45]

Waka waka eh eh

Plymouth on 17:03 - Feb 5 with 4410 viewsbilllm

Atm, I'd say derby's chance not ours, were treading water,
Plymouth on 04:09 - Feb 6 with 3835 viewsArchiRob

Plymouth on 17:03 - Feb 5 by billlm

Atm, I'd say derby's chance not ours, were treading water,

McGoldrick hat trick yesterday 3rd of the season and he won a penalty

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth on 07:24 - Feb 6 with 3627 viewstextbackup

Is this what it’s come too, being excited for teams above us to get injuries so we could fluke a top 2 finish?

Plymouth Wednesday and now Derby have caught us. In our form, that doesn’t seem to have an end date close, we’ll finish 4th in a 3 horse race.

I can’t believe people still talk about top 2 seriously, we have absolutely fcked it. Our only hope is we now try and find a system that’ll settle us so we can take a bit of form into the playoffs.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Plymouth on 08:05 - Feb 6 with 3495 viewsGlasgowBlue

Plymouth on 07:24 - Feb 6 by textbackup

Is this what it’s come too, being excited for teams above us to get injuries so we could fluke a top 2 finish?

Plymouth Wednesday and now Derby have caught us. In our form, that doesn’t seem to have an end date close, we’ll finish 4th in a 3 horse race.

I can’t believe people still talk about top 2 seriously, we have absolutely fcked it. Our only hope is we now try and find a system that’ll settle us so we can take a bit of form into the playoffs.

Yes it has come to this. Otherwise we give up now.

We outperformed Wednesday and Derby over the first 17 games. We have to outperform them over the last 17. Starting on Saturday.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Plymouth on 08:59 - Feb 6 with 3299 viewstextbackup

Plymouth on 08:05 - Feb 6 by GlasgowBlue

Yes it has come to this. Otherwise we give up now.

We outperformed Wednesday and Derby over the first 17 games. We have to outperform them over the last 17. Starting on Saturday.

‘We have to do this’
‘20 games to go’
‘19 games to go’
‘18 games to go’
‘17 games to go’

Something is failing down there now, we drew a few but played ok and had loads of chances… saturday was just pure bad. So it’s got worse.

Plymouth on 09:04 - Feb 6 with 3281 viewsJ2BLUE

Plymouth on 08:59 - Feb 6 by textbackup

‘We have to do this’
‘20 games to go’
‘19 games to go’
‘18 games to go’
‘17 games to go’

Something is failing down there now, we drew a few but played ok and had loads of chances… saturday was just pure bad. So it’s got worse.

Definitely see your point but what can we do? We have to trust that it will be corrected and soon. McKenna is no mug. I find it hard to believe they are not working on the issues.

Will it be enough? Right now it looks unlikely but (sorry) there are 17 games left. We need to beat Sheff Wed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Plymouth on 09:05 - Feb 6 with 3272 viewsWallingford_Boy

Look the other way, Derby are the main threat other than Wednesday now.

RIP Sir Bobby

Plymouth on 09:16 - Feb 6 with 3212 viewstextbackup

Plymouth on 09:04 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

Definitely see your point but what can we do? We have to trust that it will be corrected and soon. McKenna is no mug. I find it hard to believe they are not working on the issues.

Will it be enough? Right now it looks unlikely but (sorry) there are 17 games left. We need to beat Sheff Wed.

I’ve no doubt that this poor form is destroying him more than it is us, and I still think he’s a very good manager.

A draw Saturday, even if we dominate them, is still not enough. We simply have to win.

Personally, I’d be starting edwards for a few games, get him running at defenders like he did Saturday for the goal. Teams seem happy to let us have it out wide as little threat comes.

Have no idea what the Keogh decision was all about though.

Plymouth on 09:20 - Feb 6 with 3186 viewsportmanking

Plymouth on 09:16 - Feb 6 by textbackup

I’ve no doubt that this poor form is destroying him more than it is us, and I still think he’s a very good manager.

A draw Saturday, even if we dominate them, is still not enough. We simply have to win.

Personally, I’d be starting edwards for a few games, get him running at defenders like he did Saturday for the goal. Teams seem happy to let us have it out wide as little threat comes.

Have no idea what the Keogh decision was all about though.

Our left-hand side has been much less productive of late. I've really noticed how little Davis has got forward and overlapped in recent games.
Plymouth on 09:28 - Feb 6 with 3101 viewstextbackup

Plymouth on 09:20 - Feb 6 by portmanking

Our left-hand side has been much less productive of late. I've really noticed how little Davis has got forward and overlapped in recent games.

I think teams know to double up or push up on him to stop that threat. We really need something from the middle of the pitch, Humphrey’s obviously ideal, our build up play seems so slow at times

Plymouth on 12:58 - Feb 6 with 2797 viewsArnieM

Plymouth on 16:10 - Feb 5 by FrimleyBlue

Play like we did with the intensity v morcambe and the organisational toughness as we did v Burnley and we can win any game.

So essentially it’s player application once they’ve crossed that white line. Same old problem really isn’t it. We seem to constantly “fail to show” on those must win games, which says to me we are mentally fragile . I hope they have the sports psychologist down at the club 24/7 right now, because somethings got to change .

Plymouth on 15:31 - Feb 6 with 2533 viewsVaughan8

Plymouth on 16:10 - Feb 5 by FrimleyBlue

Can we take the Morecombe game as a good example though?

Morecombe are not very good, or definitely weren't on the night and I don't think its totally down to how we played. We scored in the first minute which obviously helps against those types of teams who are happy with a point and 4-0 up at half time. those are rare games. We aren't going to play like that or against teams like that every week.

If we take our chances we will generally win. If we don't, we wont. Thats as simple as it gets haha
Plymouth on 15:40 - Feb 6 with 2475 viewsFrimleyBlue

Plymouth on 15:31 - Feb 6 by Vaughan8

Can we take the Morecombe game as a good example though?

Morecombe are not very good, or definitely weren't on the night and I don't think its totally down to how we played. We scored in the first minute which obviously helps against those types of teams who are happy with a point and 4-0 up at half time. those are rare games. We aren't going to play like that or against teams like that every week.

If we take our chances we will generally win. If we don't, we wont. Thats as simple as it gets haha

It's not about the opponent for me. What we saw though was a town side determined to get at them.
We were quick. Everyone was running looking to make space. We were direct.

Against Cambridge we walked past the halfway line and just stared at 2 banks of players.

Waka waka eh eh

Plymouth on 15:58 - Feb 6 with 2392 viewsHerbivore

Plymouth on 08:59 - Feb 6 by textbackup

‘We have to do this’
‘20 games to go’
‘19 games to go’
‘18 games to go’
‘17 games to go’

Saturday was bad but then the league game before was one of our best displays of the season, in fact that first half might be the best we've played in McKenna's time here. Blowing in the wind from game to game and pinning too much on individual good or bad performances isn't really very useful. No doubt results haven't been good enough for a while but poor performances have been much rarer. It's possible we still click and go on a run like we did at the start of the season, albeit I get that it's hard to be optimistic about the chances of that after our recent form. Basically, I don't think it's quite as bad as you make out but can understand the despondency.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Plymouth on 16:08 - Feb 6 with 2351 viewsportmanking

Plymouth on 15:58 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

Saturday was bad but then the league game before was one of our best displays of the season, in fact that first half might be the best we've played in McKenna's time here. Blowing in the wind from game to game and pinning too much on individual good or bad performances isn't really very useful. No doubt results haven't been good enough for a while but poor performances have been much rarer. It's possible we still click and go on a run like we did at the start of the season, albeit I get that it's hard to be optimistic about the chances of that after our recent form. Basically, I don't think it's quite as bad as you make out but can understand the despondency.

Automatic promotion-winning sides just aren't that Jekyll and Hyde though, are they?

I think that's what's really causing the concern here. Inconsistent sides rarely get promoted.

What really leaves a bad taste is the player quotes last week about how this period is when the top teams show they want to pull away and the weaker teams get dragged back into the playoff battle. Well, we certainly didn't play like we wanted to pull away on Saturday.
Plymouth on 16:12 - Feb 6 with 2314 viewsHerbivore

Plymouth on 16:08 - Feb 6 by portmanking

Automatic promotion-winning sides just aren't that Jekyll and Hyde though, are they?

I think that's what's really causing the concern here. Inconsistent sides rarely get promoted.

What really leaves a bad taste is the player quotes last week about how this period is when the top teams show they want to pull away and the weaker teams get dragged back into the playoff battle. Well, we certainly didn't play like we wanted to pull away on Saturday.

Pretty sure Rotherham and Wigan both had a dodgy spell last year. I wouldn't really describe us as Jekyll and Hyde either, generally performance levels have been fairly consistent. Saturday was a bit of an outlier in terms of being a genuinely poor performance where we really didn't deserve more than what we got.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Plymouth on 16:29 - Feb 6 with 2227 viewsGavTWTD

Plymouth on 15:58 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

I lost a lot of faith on Saturday. I had been very, very optimistic that this was our time but that's nearly all gone now. I forgave them Oxford because I hoped KM could learn that conditions do change matches and he need to add that to his thinking and prep.

We have a good plan A and plan B (switch the front 3/4) but he needs to work on plan C. There were signs of that on Saturday and I hope we work on that over the next months.

I do want to say that if we don't make it this season I'd like KM to stay. He's a rookie manager and making mistakes but we've a good thing here, as frustrating as failure would be.

Oh and to reference Plymouth, I think they could be catchable but there are too many variables.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Plymouth on 17:02 - Feb 6 with 2098 viewsGlasgowBlue

Plymouth on 16:12 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

Pretty sure Rotherham and Wigan both had a dodgy spell last year. I wouldn't really describe us as Jekyll and Hyde either, generally performance levels have been fairly consistent. Saturday was a bit of an outlier in terms of being a genuinely poor performance where we really didn't deserve more than what we got.

Rotherham dropped down to third after a dodgy spell, with MK Dons looking like getting second. Then they played us and went on a winning streak.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Plymouth on 18:32 - Feb 6 with 1916 viewsArnieM

Plymouth on 16:08 - Feb 6 by portmanking

Quite agree. I actually don’t want “ hear” what the players think. Just bloody get on with and DO THE JOB. Not too much to ask really is it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024