Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really think this might be the end for Johnson 10:40 - Mar 22 with 8256 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Pippa Crerar (the lead journalist breaking the original Partygate story) is combing through the documents bundle released today by the Parliamentary Committee.

Here's a fairly key Tweet:

Nice strategy Number10! That worked out well!

The tweet following re Case's evidence is also another nail in the coffin for Johnson.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 10:41]
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 10:58 - Mar 22 with 4048 viewsHARRY10

The evidence being released this morning by the privileges committee is not so much damning in that it shows these parties/gatherings did happen, on a regular basis, but that Johnson lied repeatedly to Parliament.

He has cost taxpayers nearly £250,000 only to come up with... " err, yes there were parties, so I did mislead Parliament, but as I was told by some chap they were not parties, then um err, it was OK to hold them every Fridays.... I think"

Money was spent hiring one of the most expensive lawyers, yet so bad is his case that is the best that can be offered up

Anyone with an ounce of decency (or sense) would resign before this gets under way. As it will merely show him to be someone with scant regard for the truth, and even less regard for the hundreds of thousands up and down the country who lost a family member or friend.

It is often one, at the time, small event or action that ends up defining a person in the years to come. This self pitying attempt to wheedle his way out of something so obvious, and so hugely damaging speaks volumes.

The public with neither forgive, not forget.
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:27 - Mar 22 with 3992 viewsbluelagos

I thought the Daily Star front page summed up his defense quite well.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:31 - Mar 22 with 3978 viewsle2blue

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 10:58 - Mar 22 by HARRY10

The evidence being released this morning by the privileges committee is not so much damning in that it shows these parties/gatherings did happen, on a regular basis, but that Johnson lied repeatedly to Parliament.

He has cost taxpayers nearly £250,000 only to come up with... " err, yes there were parties, so I did mislead Parliament, but as I was told by some chap they were not parties, then um err, it was OK to hold them every Fridays.... I think"

Money was spent hiring one of the most expensive lawyers, yet so bad is his case that is the best that can be offered up

Anyone with an ounce of decency (or sense) would resign before this gets under way. As it will merely show him to be someone with scant regard for the truth, and even less regard for the hundreds of thousands up and down the country who lost a family member or friend.

It is often one, at the time, small event or action that ends up defining a person in the years to come. This self pitying attempt to wheedle his way out of something so obvious, and so hugely damaging speaks volumes.

The public with neither forgive, not forget.

This fantastic article by Daniel Finkelstein (a Tory don't forget) sets out really well how Boris has got to this point. Basically, he is a serial liar, as everyone knows, whose bluster and the ability to joke his way through situations actually appealed to people, a sense of getting one over on the establishment and rule makers.

But Boris had become the rule maker, he had switched from the winking cavalier breaking all the rules everyone hates, into being a total hypocrite who is now attempting to tell us that the rules he set and was breaking were one's he didn't understand despite telling us all what they were every day.

The bluster and hypocrisy won't wash with people. Hopefully, he is gone from political life very soon, no doubt back to a game show where he should've stayed.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/75029564-c804-11ed-84e7-e2697ffed9a9
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 11:33]
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:49 - Mar 22 with 3857 viewsHARRY10

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:31 - Mar 22 by le2blue

This fantastic article by Daniel Finkelstein (a Tory don't forget) sets out really well how Boris has got to this point. Basically, he is a serial liar, as everyone knows, whose bluster and the ability to joke his way through situations actually appealed to people, a sense of getting one over on the establishment and rule makers.

But Boris had become the rule maker, he had switched from the winking cavalier breaking all the rules everyone hates, into being a total hypocrite who is now attempting to tell us that the rules he set and was breaking were one's he didn't understand despite telling us all what they were every day.

The bluster and hypocrisy won't wash with people. Hopefully, he is gone from political life very soon, no doubt back to a game show where he should've stayed.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/75029564-c804-11ed-84e7-e2697ffed9a9
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 11:33]

It was always the cheap con he was able to foist onto the thick.

Does a doctor treat the sick, or use their illness to exploit them. Johnson chose the latter. Time after time.

He was no 'cheeky chappie' but an inadequate hustler who, unable to compete, chose the easier rout of lying to the simple minded.

So much about him was/is fraudulent and contrived. From the carefully worked on unkempt look, to the over rehearsed selective latin quotes.

I've met umpteen of these types in the entertainment world. Those with limited talent, but a huge ability to borrow from others. For Churchill's V sig see Johnsons idiot two thumbs up, while leering into the camera like the village idiot on a day out at the seaside.

The problem is, it is like a Ponzi scheme. With every failure comes the need to make the lies bigger and more frequent. Until one day they implode.

That day has come.

nb link is behind a paywall
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:50 - Mar 22 with 3880 viewsbaxterbasics

Regardless of the outcome of this investigation, Johnson will most likely meet his end come the next election in Uxbridge and South Ruislip, where he has been approved as the candidate. If polls stay where they are he will be lucky to win.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:51 - Mar 22 with 3866 viewsGuthrum

I shall believe it when - if - it happens. There are still quite a number of people who feel a compulsion to defend Johnson as the Hero of Brexit (thus validating their own position). The threat of rebellion by his backers in the media and the parliamentary party, not to mention the Conservative constituency organisations, cannot be discounted as a force upon decisionmakers and senior Tories, however much they might wish to never hear his name again.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:16 - Mar 22 with 3758 viewsN2_Blue

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:50 - Mar 22 by baxterbasics

Regardless of the outcome of this investigation, Johnson will most likely meet his end come the next election in Uxbridge and South Ruislip, where he has been approved as the candidate. If polls stay where they are he will be lucky to win.

I wish i could believe that.

I live in this constituency and trust me for reasons i genuinely can't fathom he has a lot of support. If he turns up at the local supermarket, far from being jeered there are literally 100s cheering him on.

It's thoroughly depressing and whilst his majority would be obliterated there are still enough foolishly thick or just markedly stubborn and politically blue to the core who would vote him in this constituency again. Feckin depressing.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:24 - Mar 22 with 3649 viewscatch74

Wondering if any of this will taint Sunak or is he able to disassociate himself and present a ‘new professionally run Conservative Party’.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:25 - Mar 22 with 3632 viewsitfcjoe

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:24 - Mar 22 by catch74

Wondering if any of this will taint Sunak or is he able to disassociate himself and present a ‘new professionally run Conservative Party’.

Sunak surely just want Johnson to just shut up and quietly go away - that he won't doesn't help the Tories at all

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:26 - Mar 22 with 3615 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hope so. I’d forgotten how boring it is to have him dominate the press coverage. I very much doubt he’ll get what he deserves though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:27 - Mar 22 with 3600 viewscatch74

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:25 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

Sunak surely just want Johnson to just shut up and quietly go away - that he won't doesn't help the Tories at all

Hope you’re right - I imagine Johnson will try and pull Sunak down with him, which will be helpful.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:30 - Mar 22 with 3583 viewsBlueBadger

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:24 - Mar 22 by catch74

Rishi's Tesco Value Fascists can't even make the trains run on time*

*Neither did Mussolini's

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:33 - Mar 22 with 3548 viewsHARRY10

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:16 - Mar 22 by N2_Blue

I wish i could believe that.

I live in this constituency and trust me for reasons i genuinely can't fathom he has a lot of support. If he turns up at the local supermarket, far from being jeered there are literally 100s cheering him on.

It's thoroughly depressing and whilst his majority would be obliterated there are still enough foolishly thick or just markedly stubborn and politically blue to the core who would vote him in this constituency again. Feckin depressing.

More noticeable are the tens of thousand who don't turn up.

In every country there are the stupid, just as the number of thickos who lined the streets to watch the Ka rays funeral.

it is not hard for a con man to con the stupid.

As to what happens, well, from reading a few papers this morning it is fairly likely that he will be found guilty. The real question is not that. It is what the advice is. Unless it is 10 or more days ban (for someone who is never in attendance) then it is meaningless. If it is 10 days or more then it only needs around 50 Tories to accept that advice, and it is a recall etc

Whatever happens there, there is next the enquiry (June) into the handling of the pandemic where the bloaters few lies are dwarfed by his sheer incompetence. The handling of which caused so many deaths.

The mills of justice grind slow, but.......
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:46 - Mar 22 with 3475 viewsHARRY10

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:26 - Mar 22 by Swansea_Blue

I hope so. I’d forgotten how boring it is to have him dominate the press coverage. I very much doubt he’ll get what he deserves though.

Those methods of execution have long left the statute book

However, as with Trump, this is only the beginning, and there will be an attempt by any numbers of Tories to speak of 'where the bodies are buried' in regard to the bloater.

His lies, deceit and fraudulent behaviour cannot be helping Sunak.

Though at todays PMQs Sunak adopted Johnsons habit of spouting out lie after lie.

Inflation is not coming down as he claimed - see todays figure Crime is not down by 50%(?), just the conviction rate. Something this over exited idiot seems unable to grasp.
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:54 - Mar 22 with 3438 viewsIllinoisblue

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:49 - Mar 22 by HARRY10

It was always the cheap con he was able to foist onto the thick.

Does a doctor treat the sick, or use their illness to exploit them. Johnson chose the latter. Time after time.

He was no 'cheeky chappie' but an inadequate hustler who, unable to compete, chose the easier rout of lying to the simple minded.

So much about him was/is fraudulent and contrived. From the carefully worked on unkempt look, to the over rehearsed selective latin quotes.

I've met umpteen of these types in the entertainment world. Those with limited talent, but a huge ability to borrow from others. For Churchill's V sig see Johnsons idiot two thumbs up, while leering into the camera like the village idiot on a day out at the seaside.

The problem is, it is like a Ponzi scheme. With every failure comes the need to make the lies bigger and more frequent. Until one day they implode.

That day has come.

nb link is behind a paywall

Still incredible there’s tories backing Johnson. Same with Trump supporters, there’s a cult-like mentality and nobody is willing to admit they’ve been conned so they double down on loving the conman.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 13:09 - Mar 22 with 3392 viewsBlueBadger

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:54 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

Still incredible there’s tories backing Johnson. Same with Trump supporters, there’s a cult-like mentality and nobody is willing to admit they’ve been conned so they double down on loving the conman.

It's fair to say that Boris is a massive, massive cult.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 13:10 - Mar 22 with 3373 viewsHARRY10

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:54 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

Not sure where a quilt comes into it

But yes, it is a measure of their stupidity they do not merge into the shadows slowly

it is not as if normal folk are not aware of their stupidity, so a constant reminder is not really needed
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 13:32 - Mar 22 with 3214 viewsEdwardStone

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 13:10 - Mar 22 by HARRY10

Not sure where a quilt comes into it

But yes, it is a measure of their stupidity they do not merge into the shadows slowly

it is not as if normal folk are not aware of their stupidity, so a constant reminder is not really needed

That's an interesting point Mr H.

This type of sociopath ( Trump, Johnson) have grown addicted to the limelight and despite the overwhelming tsunami of evidence of their multiple lies and incompetence, they seem utterly unable to gently shuffle into the shadows to contemplate their failure.

I am looking forward to this afternoons revalations.

Hopefully the end of Johnson
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 13:54 - Mar 22 with 3116 viewsElderGrizzly

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 12:25 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

Similarities to Trump in the US.

Most of the GOP want him gone, but are too afraid to say it and are hoping the courts/process will deal with the issue for them.
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 13:59 - Mar 22 with 3100 viewsElderGrizzly

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 13:32 - Mar 22 by EdwardStone

This type of sociopath ( Trump, Johnson) have grown addicted to the limelight and despite the overwhelming tsunami of evidence of their multiple lies and incompetence, they seem utterly unable to gently shuffle into the shadows to contemplate their failure.

The limelight point is a good one.

Trump is apparently wanting to be led in handcuffs to be 'booked' in NYC as it will play well to his base and portray him as the victim.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/22/trump-wants-to-be-handcuffed-for
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 15:14 - Mar 22 with 2925 viewsHARRY10

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 13:32 - Mar 22 by EdwardStone

He's getting shredded.
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 15:44 - Mar 22 with 2825 viewsHARRY10

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:50 - Mar 22 by baxterbasics

Whether the next Uxbridge election is a by election or general election I think he will be booted out - as with the previous three by elections where huge Tory majorities were over turned, with the thought those votes were a direct vote against him.
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 15:52 - Mar 22 with 2808 viewsjontysnut

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 11:27 - Mar 22 by bluelagos

I thought the Daily Star front page summed up his defense quite well.

I'm not sure if more annoyed that the lawyer sitting next to him is getting paid £1.38 per second.
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 16:36 - Mar 22 with 2737 viewsairliner

A lot of the commentators must be remainders , Will
Just leave it there
I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 16:36 - Mar 22 with 2714 viewsHARRY10

I really think this might be the end for Johnson on 15:52 - Mar 22 by jontysnut

I'm not sure if more annoyed that the lawyer sitting next to him is getting paid £1.38 per second.

Paid for by us

Harman is ineffective as Hoyle

As chair she should be insisting the bloater sticks to the point, and cuts the waffle, which amounts to little other than going over the same twaddle.

He is more guilty than finding Jack the Ripper standing over a body with a knife in his hand.

It is really a question now of what sanction the committee recommends.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024