Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
psychologically demoralising 20:40 - Apr 15 with 2239 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

It must be for Barnsley to win 1-5 and then find out the team they are trying to catch have won 6-0!
psychologically demoralising on 20:51 - Apr 15 with 2110 viewsKropotkin123

I was thinking something similar. I can't really imagine what it would be like to win 5-1 away from home and be 2 goals further away from a club you are chasing. Credit to them for keeping the results coming

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

psychologically demoralising on 20:55 - Apr 15 with 2055 viewspointofblue

psychologically demoralising on 20:51 - Apr 15 by Kropotkin123

I was thinking something similar. I can't really imagine what it would be like to win 5-1 away from home and be 2 goals further away from a club you are chasing. Credit to them for keeping the results coming

They were never going to catch us on goal difference so I doubt it affected them that much. They'll be confident that Peterborough can get something from us and then a win for them at Oakwell will see them overtake.

Not saying it will happen, but that will be their current mindset. We have to concentrate on Port Vale.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

psychologically demoralising on 21:04 - Apr 15 with 1988 viewsArnieM

psychologically demoralising on 20:55 - Apr 15 by pointofblue

They were never going to catch us on goal difference so I doubt it affected them that much. They'll be confident that Peterborough can get something from us and then a win for them at Oakwell will see them overtake.

Not saying it will happen, but that will be their current mindset. We have to concentrate on Port Vale.

I think they are the most dangerous threat to us getting automatics tbh. Quite nervous about them ( and us needing to beat both them and Posh.

I think if we beat those two we’ll go up (there I’ve said it !)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

psychologically demoralising on 21:06 - Apr 15 with 1972 viewsWallingford_Boy

psychologically demoralising on 21:04 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

I think they are the most dangerous threat to us getting automatics tbh. Quite nervous about them ( and us needing to beat both them and Posh.

I’d take 3 points from those two, that could well be enough.

RIP Sir Bobby

psychologically demoralising on 21:13 - Apr 15 with 1914 viewsclive_baker

Could be worse, could be a Wednesday fan. Lose at Burton, we win 6-0, Barnsley win 5-1 and Plymouth win what as very hard game on paper (and in reality).

As if that isn’t enough Sheffield United win 4-1 and take a huge step back towards the premier league.

Ouch. Stinker of a day.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

psychologically demoralising on 21:17 - Apr 15 with 1852 viewsArnieM

psychologically demoralising on 21:06 - Apr 15 by Wallingford_Boy

I’d take 3 points from those two, that could well be enough.

It’s hard to say which game would be the harder . Posh are either on it, or totally pants. Barnsley just keep doing the business don’t they, as do Ply mouth. It’d really down to who blinks first …. Hope we’re dosed up on caffeine !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

psychologically demoralising on 23:00 - Apr 15 with 1599 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Over the last 11 matches, they have 25 points and have still fallen 3 points further behind us. They must be hoping 2 of the top 3 slip up to let them in but they can at least hope to carry excellent form into the play offs.

It could yet be a massive match for both of us when we play each other.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

psychologically demoralising on 23:19 - Apr 15 with 1532 viewsNutkins_Return

I don't think our scoreline will have any affect on their mentality at all to be honest. They will be full of confidence right now. For them they have no margin of error. They have to win every game (or certainly expect that).

It would be very useful for them to drop more points before we play and hope their race is run. Most likely it will remain must win for them. It will be a tough game and always a bit of luck in tight games but we're a better side then then so all being equal id hope we get a result.
Login to get fewer ads

psychologically demoralising on 09:01 - Apr 16 with 1106 viewsJ2BLUE

Tuesday is massive (yes this is kind of obvious at this point, every round is massive).

All three automatic rivals have difficult looking games on paper. We have what looks an 'easier' game although as we've seen that means nothing. It's great that McKenna will be focussed on that game and that game alone as we've seen what Port Vale can do on their day.

Can't help hoping we win and results go for us elsewhere though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

psychologically demoralising on 10:27 - Apr 16 with 985 viewsSharkey

psychologically demoralising on 09:01 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Tuesday is massive (yes this is kind of obvious at this point, every round is massive).

All three automatic rivals have difficult looking games on paper. We have what looks an 'easier' game although as we've seen that means nothing. It's great that McKenna will be focussed on that game and that game alone as we've seen what Port Vale can do on their day.

"we've seen what Port Vale can do on their day."

It's a very long time since Port Vale had an eye-catching result. December 2nd they won at Plymouth, but since then there has been very little to shout about. They'll be mighty relieved to limp over the line this season.
psychologically demoralising on 10:33 - Apr 16 with 951 viewstractorboy1978

psychologically demoralising on 09:01 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Port Vale have picked up 14 points from their last 20 games and sit 2nd bottom of the form table over that time. We can't be complacent but off the back of beating an in form Charlton 6-0 you'd fancy us to win it comfortably.
psychologically demoralising on 10:56 - Apr 16 with 885 viewsChrisd

Exactly, how I see it too Pointofblue. Those two games are the crunch ones for us. Barnsley are on a great run of form like ourselves and Peterborough is a ground we never seem to do well at historically. Both the Tykes and Wednesday will believe there are still opportunities for a slip up or two from us.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

psychologically demoralising on 11:44 - Apr 16 with 779 viewsbournemouthblue

psychologically demoralising on 21:04 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

I think we'll out pass them and have more chances, it really just depends who is more clinical on the day

Earlier in the season, we were very wasteful but once the January signings have bedded in, we seem to have another gear

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024