Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whittaker 09:55 - Apr 17 with 2921 viewsITFC_Jenx

Do we see Town being interested in Whittaker in the summer or have we moved on?
Whittaker on 09:57 - Apr 17 with 2873 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Not for me. But if we can't get Hirst, who knows?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Whittaker on 10:01 - Apr 17 with 2843 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just looked at their last fixture to see if he was getting game time ( came on as sub again on 60 mins) but I didn't realise Waghorn was at Huddersfield and I'd forgotten Tyreece Simpson was there

Poll: If it were one or the other

Whittaker on 10:07 - Apr 17 with 2776 viewsSomethingBlue

Whittaker on 09:57 - Apr 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not for me. But if we can't get Hirst, who knows?

Very different players and positions so not sure that'll be a factor. Think we can probably look at better than Whittaker if we go up tho.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Whittaker on 10:09 - Apr 17 with 2723 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whittaker on 10:01 - Apr 17 by Metal_Hacker

Just looked at their last fixture to see if he was getting game time ( came on as sub again on 60 mins) but I didn't realise Waghorn was at Huddersfield and I'd forgotten Tyreece Simpson was there

He’s hardly playing and looked lost the few times I’ve seen him. Hard to imagine it’s the same player who was playing with a swagger at Plymouth.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Whittaker on 10:10 - Apr 17 with 2712 viewsIpswichRising

Whittaker on 10:09 - Apr 17 by Swansea_Blue

He’s hardly playing and looked lost the few times I’ve seen him. Hard to imagine it’s the same player who was playing with a swagger at Plymouth.

Maybe league 1 is his level
Whittaker on 10:11 - Apr 17 with 2686 viewssuffolkpoker

I don’t think we will. I still think we will go back in for Taylor at Peterborough.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Whittaker on 10:19 - Apr 17 with 2626 viewscressi

Whittaker on 10:11 - Apr 17 by suffolkpoker

I don’t think we will. I still think we will go back in for Taylor at Peterborough.

Personally No didn't see any championship clubs going for him in January and everybody knew he was available. Like previous post far more likely to go for Taylor from posh
Whittaker on 10:20 - Apr 17 with 2618 viewstractordownsouth

I doubt it. He'd be expensive and Broadhead's arguably a better player anyway.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Whittaker on 10:21 - Apr 17 with 2607 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whittaker on 10:10 - Apr 17 by IpswichRising

Maybe league 1 is his level

Could well be. I don’t think the Swans particularly rate him and they aren’t exactly blessed with forward options. I would hope we’d look at other options if we go up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Whittaker on 10:33 - Apr 17 with 2516 viewsringwoodblue

Broadhead an all-round better player than Whittaker so it’s a No from me.

If we go up, there a few others positions (but not many) that need strengthening.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Whittaker on 10:36 - Apr 17 with 2481 viewsJ2BLUE

If we were interested and he didn't want to come I would imagine he's missed the boat.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Whittaker on 10:40 - Apr 17 with 2442 viewsMetal_Hacker

Whittaker on 10:09 - Apr 17 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah it' quite a fall from grace as they say really

Perhaps as someone else has said League ne is/was his level

I'd like to think if the season ends on a positive note the way this season has gone in terms of signings , the club surprises us all and raises the ceiling even higher in terms of additions - maybe Whittaker would be perceived as being below that ceiling ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Whittaker on 10:48 - Apr 17 with 2368 viewsBigCommon

If there was genuine interest from us in January. Then I could See us "making an enquiry".
I'm basing this on how hard we work to identify targets in the first place, that KM feels he can work with, to improve/compliment the squad..
Clubs weren't queuing up for him in January. But that might have more to do with clubs finances, than Whittaker's abilty, imo.
If Plymouth go up, they'll probably be a clamour from their lot, to get him back.
Whittaker on 10:51 - Apr 17 with 2337 viewstractordownsouth

Whittaker on 10:48 - Apr 17 by BigCommon

If there was genuine interest from us in January. Then I could See us "making an enquiry".
I'm basing this on how hard we work to identify targets in the first place, that KM feels he can work with, to improve/compliment the squad..
Clubs weren't queuing up for him in January. But that might have more to do with clubs finances, than Whittaker's abilty, imo.
If Plymouth go up, they'll probably be a clamour from their lot, to get him back.

There's a summer recruitment thread on Pasoti but the general consensus on there is that they'll need to strengthen a lot of areas so spending up to £2m on Whittaker wouldn't be the best use of funds.

Whittaker on 11:03 - Apr 17 with 2196 viewsITFC_Jenx

Whittaker on 10:11 - Apr 17 by suffolkpoker

Agree about Taylor, think that's likely.
I can't see Keogh and Aluko getting new deals so wondered whether another 10 was an option.
Whittaker on 11:29 - Apr 17 with 2053 viewssuffolkpoker

Whittaker on 11:03 - Apr 17 by ITFC_Jenx

I can't see Keogh and Aluko getting new deals so wondered whether another 10 was an option.

I can see Keogh getting a first team coaching job here. I hope Aluko also remains at the club, if thats a youth coach or first team coach.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Whittaker on 11:41 - Apr 17 with 1964 viewsBigCommon

Whittaker on 10:51 - Apr 17 by tractordownsouth

There's a summer recruitment thread on Pasoti but the general consensus on there is that they'll need to strengthen a lot of areas so spending up to £2m on Whittaker wouldn't be the best use of funds.

That's interesting... Also highlights how good our recruitment has been, should we go up.
Can't see us needing much of an overhaul to be competitive...More quality, than quantity from our perspective?...In which case, you'd assume that 2m or there abouts, would be the going rate for the sort of player we'd be targetting?..
Threads like this one, get me thinking way too far ahead, lol. Need to get out of this division first..
Whittaker on 12:06 - Apr 17 with 1853 viewsArnieM

No thanks. He made it perfectly clear he didn’t want to come here. So off you go somewhere else mate!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Whittaker on 12:32 - Apr 17 with 1704 viewsReusersTown

Whittaker on 10:20 - Apr 17 by tractordownsouth

I doubt it. He'd be expensive and Broadhead's arguably a better player anyway.

I wouldn't say he is even that expensive, looking at what we were prepared to pay for Broadband, wo is definitely the better player but has just been hamstrung by both injuries and Everton's loan policy so ended up with us.
Whittaker on 12:35 - Apr 17 with 1660 viewsReusersTown

Whittaker on 11:03 - Apr 17 by ITFC_Jenx

Definitely, especially with harness so off the boil. But I'd hope for better than Whittaker once we were up.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 12:36]
Whittaker on 12:44 - Apr 17 with 1531 viewsmonty_radio

Whittaker on 10:40 - Apr 17 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah it' quite a fall from grace as they say really

Perhaps as someone else has said League ne is/was his level

I'd like to think if the season ends on a positive note the way this season has gone in terms of signings , the club surprises us all and raises the ceiling even higher in terms of additions - maybe Whittaker would be perceived as being below that ceiling ?

Maybe a fall from grace, as you say. But it also demonstrates, from the player perspective, the advantages and disadvantages of the loan system. The player, say Bonne, or Whittaker or whoever, goes from the bench at his home club to a stand-out on loan, with accompanying adulation etc.

Said loan ends and, with it a return to benched obscurity. In such a case, losing his mojo is a likely turn of events. For Kieffer Moore it all added up to rapid-fire elevation (!) but he's maybe an exception to the rule. Still don't understand why Mick didn't seem to want him here after that 15 goal loan spell, especially as it was Mick's own punt that had brought Moore here initially.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Whittaker on 12:45 - Apr 17 with 1525 viewsPhilTWTD

Whittaker on 12:06 - Apr 17 by ArnieM

No thanks. He made it perfectly clear he didn’t want to come here. So off you go somewhere else mate!

We were definitely in for him and I do agree that his lack of interest in coming here, for whatever reason, will probably mean we'll look elsewhere in the summer.
Whittaker on 13:01 - Apr 17 with 1373 viewsArnieM

Whittaker on 12:45 - Apr 17 by PhilTWTD

We were definitely in for him and I do agree that his lack of interest in coming here, for whatever reason, will probably mean we'll look elsewhere in the summer.

We usual target players who we think really buy into what we are trying to do. Given that the player wasnt interested , did we really continue to pursue him as seemed to be suggested on social media?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Whittaker on 13:40 - Apr 17 with 1190 viewsElderGrizzly

Whittaker on 10:51 - Apr 17 by tractordownsouth

I assume Plymouth will be hugely reliant on the loan market again
Whittaker on 15:06 - Apr 17 with 1007 viewstractordownsouth

Whittaker on 13:40 - Apr 17 by ElderGrizzly

I assume Plymouth will be hugely reliant on the loan market again

I think they'll have to be. Their recruitment in both windows this season has been very good but the defence will be particularly vulnerable to pace if they're in the Championship. It's probably the worst area of the team to have to rebuild in one window as well, given that it relies on organisation rather than individual quality.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024