Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when are we going to sign Luongo? 11:48 - Apr 19 with 2783 viewsCotty

Foregone conclusion, surely, if he is willing?

Edit: I of course meant extend his contract, but I'm an idiot.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 11:48]
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 11:51 - Apr 19 with 2541 viewsFrimleyBlue

It'll be interesting if we do or if KM goes in for Taylor again.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 11:53 - Apr 19 with 2542 viewstextbackup

I wonder if we might need a little more pace in CM if we do get promotion.

Not doubting him and Morsys quality, obviously

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:01 - Apr 19 with 2486 viewsBloomBlue

It will be interesting because doesn't Camara provide a similar style?
I do wonder if KM will go for a CM who has a more consistent goal scoring record, aka Taylor. Then would we have too many CMs with Morsey, Evans, Ball, Carama, Luongo & new CM
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:08 - Apr 19 with 2417 viewsJ2BLUE

Amazed people think we might not want him. My guess is he's just waiting to see if we go up and if we do he will sign an extension pretty quickly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:10 - Apr 19 with 2383 viewsIpswichRising

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:01 - Apr 19 by BloomBlue

I do wonder if KM will go for a CM who has a more consistent goal scoring record, aka Taylor. Then would we have too many CMs with Morsey, Evans, Ball, Carama, Luongo & new CM

And Humphreys
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:12 - Apr 19 with 2330 viewsVaughan8

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:01 - Apr 19 by BloomBlue

A lot of those don't have a great injury record (espeically this season) so Im not sure we can rely on them.

Assumiong the deal is good for all parties, I can't see why we wouldn't sign Luongo.
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:13 - Apr 19 with 2315 viewsWeekender

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:10 - Apr 19 by IpswichRising

And Humphreys

and Harper
and El Miz

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:26 - Apr 19 with 2221 viewsNthQldITFC

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 11:53 - Apr 19 by textbackup

Maybe, but there will be some games where pace is less important than others and a Morsy/Luongo combo would be ideal. Equally I suspect a Morsy/Humphrey combo would suit more often in a higher place.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:31 - Apr 19 with 2191 viewsHarlestonblue

Mass Loungo and Nathan have been outstanding. Made all the difference. George and Harry very good also. I would love to see him stay. We can't rely on Camara.
Without them we would be 4th or 5th and the play offs would be a certainty.
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:50 - Apr 19 with 2040 viewsdavblue

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 11:53 - Apr 19 by textbackup

They are both 30 plus, it's an area of the pitch that you need athleticism in. Not saying they are over the hill but something we need to bear in mind when making a decision.
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:54 - Apr 19 with 2019 viewsDeano69

Incredible to think Sone Aluko can’t get in the match day squad at the moment.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:07 - Apr 19 with 1974 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:54 - Apr 19 by Deano69

He's carrying a hamstring injury I believe.

Re: Luongo. Suspect there is something in only signing a six month contract. We may need to go up to get him permanently.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:15 - Apr 19 with 1921 viewsTalkingBlues

Quite the opposite I reckon, CM is already on the McK/Ash wish list for summer, Luongo won't be offered a permanent deal I don't think, especially with Evans et al back fit. Camara will be in trouble too if he's not fully recovered by the start of next season, will probably see a "mutual termination" news piece coming out.

**Edit - just to say, that this is based on the massive assumption that we get promoted, if we don't, I reckon Luongo has a much better chance of a deal
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 13:23]

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:30 - Apr 19 with 1778 viewsdavblue

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:15 - Apr 19 by TalkingBlues

Quite the opposite I reckon, CM is already on the McK/Ash wish list for summer, Luongo won't be offered a permanent deal I don't think, especially with Evans et al back fit. Camara will be in trouble too if he's not fully recovered by the start of next season, will probably see a "mutual termination" news piece coming out.

**Edit - just to say, that this is based on the massive assumption that we get promoted, if we don't, I reckon Luongo has a much better chance of a deal
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 13:23]

I don't think Evans will be here next year, feels like his time is coming to a natural conclusion. Luongo has shown that having a more dynamic midfielder than a sitter has improved us tremendously.

Luongo deserves a new deal if he wants to stay, if we don't go up or if we do.
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:38 - Apr 19 with 1726 viewsUSA

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:30 - Apr 19 by davblue

I don't think Evans will be here next year, feels like his time is coming to a natural conclusion. Luongo has shown that having a more dynamic midfielder than a sitter has improved us tremendously.

I also think Luongo is a step up from Evans
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:40 - Apr 19 with 1715 viewsBloomBlue

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:12 - Apr 19 by Vaughan8

A lot of those don't have a great injury record (espeically this season) so Im not sure we can rely on them.

Assumiong the deal is good for all parties, I can't see why we wouldn't sign Luongo.

True but doesn't Luongo also have that same injury issue over the last 2-3 seasons?
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:41 - Apr 19 with 1716 viewsSuperblue95

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:30 - Apr 19 by davblue

Agree Evans and one of either Ball or Camara are likely to be moved on if we go up.

Luongo plus one other to come in.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 17:48 - Apr 19 with 1463 viewsDeano69

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:07 - Apr 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

He's carrying a hamstring injury I believe.

Re: Luongo. Suspect there is something in only signing a six month contract. We may need to go up to get him permanently.

I did wonder if injury might have been a reason and had a quick look without success in finding out for sure. M
Good point on Luongo. But suspect he is unlikely to make premier league first team football, but not sure who else in the championship you would go to instead of us at the moment either.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 19:03 - Apr 19 with 1331 viewslizzibee

If we go up, I suspect he will pounce on him in the summer. He's tracked him for a long while so clearly rates him and he has been exceptional with Morsy. And with Evans too. I don't think pace is needed necessarily, as they can be the solid midfield and pass the ball to the likes of Burns, Davis and Broady who have the speed to take it further. I suspect he will want to come if we go up as he seems to have built a good rapport with the team. The only problem being with my ageing eyesight I often get him and Morsy mixed up!
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 19:07 - Apr 19 with 1303 viewsLeoMuff

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:38 - Apr 19 by USA

I also think Luongo is a step up from Evans

Yep, I think Evans place will be in jeopardy wherever we are next season, Hopefully Camera will be fit.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 19:14 - Apr 19 with 1273 viewsMach_foreignBlue

His contract extension is obligatory. He's been sensational for us since he's become a regular, along with Broadhead MOTM last night.

He is plainly undroppable.
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 20:55 - Apr 19 with 1173 viewsArchiRob

I remember him saying at an interview he was enjoying his football again so imagine he would stay. The partnership is clearly working both him and Morsey have been outstanding

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 21:19 - Apr 19 with 1072 viewsITFCson

Personally I think we will really be going for it if we make it up. Yes all of the signings have been great and really been the difference this last few months but I think the owners will want a good crack next year and we'll be one of the favourites.

Hirst for example as been great of course but this is still a player who struggled in the champ with Blackburn. Furthermore I have seen (albeit prob way off the mark) speculation of huge signings if we were to go up. My prediction at this point would be first game of the champ would be 9 of the current starting 11 with Hirst replaced by a big statement signing and similar re Luongo. Both those being squad players and players such as Ladapo and Evans moving on. We are not going to just settle for mid table next year. That is my hunch....go for it while we have the momentum.
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 21:31 - Apr 19 with 1026 viewsMatt_Netherlands

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 12:54 - Apr 19 by Deano69

Same goes for Camara. When we signed him I thought he was going to be one of our signings if the season.
So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 00:05 - Apr 20 with 912 viewsDinDjarin

So when are we going to sign Luongo? on 13:41 - Apr 19 by Superblue95

Agree Evans and one of either Ball or Camara are likely to be moved on if we go up.

Luongo plus one other to come in.

Not a chance Ball will be moved on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024