Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Pitch 10:15 - May 1 with 3955 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Club have mentioned a few times, that 'when we dig down we don't know what we'll find'
Does anyone know the ins and outs of this? How deep do they actually need to dig out?

Just intrigued.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

New Pitch on 10:17 - May 1 with 2932 viewsMJallday

Part of luc nillis shinbone I should imagine

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

New Pitch on 10:21 - May 1 with 2890 viewsCheltenham_Blue

New Pitch on 10:17 - May 1 by MJallday

Only at one end.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

New Pitch on 10:30 - May 1 with 2849 viewsPhilTWTD

There's not been any deep down work on the pitch since 1977, so they're unsure precisely what's below the surface. Old brick has appeared towards the surface in the past, I believe. Also, I seem to recall the ground was built on an old rubbish tip.
New Pitch on 10:30 - May 1 with 2835 viewsRyorry

They might find some green & yellow plastic that was discarded between October 2007 - April 2021.

Should be reycled as toddlers' potties.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

New Pitch on 10:38 - May 1 with 2806 viewsBloomBlue

New Pitch on 10:30 - May 1 by PhilTWTD

There's not been any deep down work on the pitch since 1977, so they're unsure precisely what's below the surface. Old brick has appeared towards the surface in the past, I believe. Also, I seem to recall the ground was built on an old rubbish tip.

Correct it was built on an old rubbish tip, which was a positive previous groundsmen have said as it aided natural drainage. Although (apparently) when they built the Pioneer stand the foundations subsequently ruined that and its been a battle since to keep the grass/pitch at a high quality.
New Pitch on 10:45 - May 1 with 2734 viewsclive_baker

What if it turns into an archeological dig and gets delayed by months, can we play at the airport for the bants.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

New Pitch on 10:48 - May 1 with 2710 viewsNthQldITFC

New Pitch on 10:45 - May 1 by clive_baker

What if it turns into an archeological dig and gets delayed by months, can we play at the airport for the bants.

Imagine visiting Everton players going up and down those concrete spiral staircases in studs in January! (Ashton would definitely put them in the upstairs changing rooms)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

New Pitch on 10:53 - May 1 with 2661 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is why I'd love to see a live feed to the works. It's not just putting down some seeds. There's a lot of work going on this summer millions £s spent on this

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

New Pitch on 10:55 - May 1 with 2650 viewsKeno

The remains of a bus several teams have parked there lately

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

New Pitch on 10:56 - May 1 with 2645 viewsclive_baker

New Pitch on 10:48 - May 1 by NthQldITFC

Imagine visiting Everton players going up and down those concrete spiral staircases in studs in January! (Ashton would definitely put them in the upstairs changing rooms)

Haha Inheacho freezing his nuts off in cell block H.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

New Pitch on 10:57 - May 1 with 2642 viewsJ2BLUE

New Pitch on 10:53 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

This is why I'd love to see a live feed to the works. It's not just putting down some seeds. There's a lot of work going on this summer millions £s spent on this

Agree. With options to watch it back x10 or something it would be interesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

New Pitch on 10:59 - May 1 with 2604 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

New Pitch on 10:53 - May 1 by FrimleyBlue

But all you would actually see is a long shot of excavators digging up dirt and a few tradesmen scratching their 'arris - if you pay me a tenner you can come and sit in my spare room and look out the window for the summer.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

New Pitch on 11:00 - May 1 with 2584 viewsGavTWTD

I hope they don't find rare newts.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

New Pitch on 11:02 - May 1 with 2563 viewsFromReuserWithLove

New Pitch on 10:30 - May 1 by PhilTWTD

So we can expect to won the fa cup the following year?
New Pitch on 11:15 - May 1 with 2496 viewsEwan_Oozami

New Pitch on 10:21 - May 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Only at one end.

Don't know about that, I could hear the bones crack from high up in the West Stand (can't remember what it was called back then!) - so they could be anywhere!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

New Pitch on 11:17 - May 1 with 2473 viewspointofblue

New Pitch on 11:15 - May 1 by Ewan_Oozami

Don't know about that, I could hear the bones crack from high up in the West Stand (can't remember what it was called back then!) - so they could be anywhere!

Britannia Stand, at that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

New Pitch on 11:19 - May 1 with 2463 viewsTheMover

Are they going to sell off the existing turf?
Plenty good enough for a garden then the buyers could legitimately say they have played on the portman road pitch!
New Pitch on 11:55 - May 1 with 2382 viewsGuthrum

That is a risk, being fairly close to the town centre and the river. Kind of place people might have done stuff in the distant past.

They may be going deeper than before with the pipework for under-pitch heating.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

New Pitch on 12:01 - May 1 with 2337 viewsRobTheMonk

When I was 14, we were playing in the local club ground goal before a men's match. I was in goal and saved a shot and went knee first into the ground. I was suddenly rolling around in agony and thought I'd go knee first into a stone. Turns out it was a massive bit of pipe that has slowly got unearthed over the years. They had to dig it out before the game whilst my friends helped me home. Still got the scar on my knee!
New Pitch on 12:01 - May 1 with 2331 viewswkj

New Pitch on 10:17 - May 1 by MJallday

I was front row in the North Stand that day... jesus... I still wretch thinking about it.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

New Pitch on 12:05 - May 1 with 2295 viewsleitrimblue

They may need to find a archaeologist willing to turn a blind eye for cash.....
New Pitch on 12:05 - May 1 with 2292 viewsKeno

obviously Sitters trainer will be dug up at some point

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

New Pitch on 12:06 - May 1 with 2293 viewsBluespeed225

Remember a few years back when they had a cafe in Planet Blue, I sat on the balcony in the North Stand and watched them scrape off the top of the pitch, but it was only probably 6 inches, but fascinating to watch our pitch get peeled off. Would they go down, say 2 feet? That’s a lot of soil going to be coming out of there!
New Pitch on 12:13 - May 1 with 2266 viewsMuncher

I was speaking to someone who knows the contractors involved, the trial holes suggested some really poor soil at depth so I believe they may be using the permavoid system Liverpool recently used, that is where the entire pitch is covered with plastic attenuation tanks and the pitch constructed above that. As for depth they are going to be removing around 500mm, so a really substantial volume of soil to remove and re-import. We are talking hundreds and hundreds of wagons. As for cost I can’t be 100%, but I was told around £3.5m for the stadium pitch, with over a million spent on the training ground ones.
New Pitch on 12:38 - May 1 with 2133 viewsPhilTWTD

New Pitch on 11:02 - May 1 by FromReuserWithLove

So we can expect to won the fa cup the following year?

I assume so, by beating the team we host first in the season by the same scoreline at Wembley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024