Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prefab garden offices / studios 12:41 - Jun 19 with 1687 viewsArgyle_blue

Any recommendation for garden studios? Likely to be quite large 4.5 x 7 m. Want to be able to plumb in and electrics. One that’s able to sit on a concrete base with no need foundations would be great. Thanks in advance - bit of a minefield
Prefab garden offices / studios on 12:48 - Jun 19 with 1646 viewsemergencylime

I'll await the experts but i think 25m² is the larges size before planning permission is required

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Prefab garden offices / studios on 12:48 - Jun 19 with 1643 viewshoppy

Best not to build one in a minefield. Just a suggestion.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Prefab garden offices / studios on 12:58 - Jun 19 with 1610 viewsDeano69

2.5m at the highest point is critical too. Electrics not a problem normally though and suspect something of that size may be worth running past the local authorities. Really depends on its position in respect to your property, boundaries, neighbours and public areas.

Once you start adding water/waste you could be open to building regs and the like. The planners will assume you have started the process of making it habitable (even if you have no plans for that)

Plus, if you have an area full of busy bodies with little else in their lives but to irritate and make additional hassle and costs for local neighbours, they will make your task significantly more difficult.. and expensive.... and stressful... But here's two fingers to very few narrow minded timewasters near me, I won!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Prefab garden offices / studios on 13:19 - Jun 19 with 1551 viewsthe_toff

I looked into it through Covid and the quotes were eye wateringly expensive. Obviously a terrible time to be looking to install one given demand was so high and the cost of materials were sky rocketing. Might be a bit better now.

I ended up knocking it on the head and decided to convert the loft instead. Worked out much cheaper and didn't lose the garden space. I do like the idea of them though.
Prefab garden offices / studios on 13:26 - Jun 19 with 1533 viewsCaptainAhab

I got a 3x4m log cabin from Dunster House recently to use as a printing studio. Build it yourself jobbie, took me a few days but well happy with the result.
DH do lots of different types of cabin and also some more serious office type buildings too, I'd definitely recommend them.
Prefab garden offices / studios on 13:28 - Jun 19 with 1520 viewsMookamoo

I'm currently in one we bought from here https://dunsterhouse.co.uk/

Expensive, but come with everything you need and can be put together by an idiot, as I will testify.

I know someone who uses one of their log cabins, which is cheaper, but they had to insulate etc it for the winter.
Prefab garden offices / studios on 14:39 - Jun 19 with 1433 viewsArgyle_blue

Thanks all. Prices have gone down a bit. Dunster look good with loads of choice - hadn’t come across them before - and much cheaper than other options.
Prefab garden offices / studios on 16:15 - Jun 19 with 1336 viewsSkip_Intro

Prefab garden offices / studios on 13:28 - Jun 19 by Mookamoo

I'm currently in one we bought from here https://dunsterhouse.co.uk/

Expensive, but come with everything you need and can be put together by an idiot, as I will testify.

I know someone who uses one of their log cabins, which is cheaper, but they had to insulate etc it for the winter.

I've got a DH cabin and went for the thicker logs - doesn't need insulating and stays nice and toasty even in the depths of winter with just an oil filled radiator...
Login to get fewer ads

Prefab garden offices / studios on 17:06 - Jun 19 with 1272 viewsgiant_stow

A mate of mine has just blown £35 grand on one roughly that big, but he's got the works and it was put in by pros.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Prefab garden offices / studios on 17:17 - Jun 19 with 1249 viewsblue62

Ever thought about using a shipping container, or two?

https://thecontainerconverters.co.uk/container-garden-rooms/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024