Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky scheduling and potential date changes 07:01 - Jun 25 with 1666 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

The TV deal announced in May https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-announces-landmark-broadcasting-deal-with-
says that there will be a minimum of 328 Championship games scheduled, with 5 matches each weekend, so that means around 3 weekday matches per week. They also said that they will announce all the scheduled fixtures up to the FAC 3rd round before the season starts.

With a maximum of 12 matches on a Saturday, presumably that means we can expect quite a few of the Saturday matches to move to either a Friday night or a Sunday. I'm expecting Leeds (H) to get selected and move to either the Friday or the Sunday.

This is gonna get messy.

Poll: would you rather

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 07:07 - Jun 25 with 1621 viewspennyfathersleg

This broadcasting deal doesn’t start until the 24/25 season, but yes lots and lots of non 15:00 Saturday kick offs!
Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 07:16 - Jun 25 with 1581 viewsPMac13

As it starts in 2024 it won’t be I’ll problem as we will obviously be in the Premier League then
Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 07:53 - Jun 25 with 1476 viewsxrayspecs

Looking at this season, we have thirteen non-Saturday/Sunday fixtures, a mixture of scheduled midweek games (8) and those that are played at Xmas / New Year and Easter (5). All of these would be live under the new deal. If you add in the opening day and final day of the season, then that is 15 rounds of fixtures (180 matches).

That leaves around 150 additional live fixtures across 31 weekends, so around 5 per week.

It will be disruptive, with a 40% chance each week that we are not kicking off at 3pm on Saturday.

For the first half of the season, the moved matches will be known when the fixtrues are released and there is a commitment to give clubs earlier notice of when they are playing.
Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:18 - Jun 25 with 1389 viewsDJR

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 07:53 - Jun 25 by xrayspecs

Looking at this season, we have thirteen non-Saturday/Sunday fixtures, a mixture of scheduled midweek games (8) and those that are played at Xmas / New Year and Easter (5). All of these would be live under the new deal. If you add in the opening day and final day of the season, then that is 15 rounds of fixtures (180 matches).

That leaves around 150 additional live fixtures across 31 weekends, so around 5 per week.

It will be disruptive, with a 40% chance each week that we are not kicking off at 3pm on Saturday.

For the first half of the season, the moved matches will be known when the fixtrues are released and there is a commitment to give clubs earlier notice of when they are playing.

It's all about the armchair fans these days, but the clubs are happy to go along with it because of all that lovely lolly.

In some ways, there is something to be said for Division 1.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 8:18]
Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:28 - Jun 25 with 1344 viewsAlanG296

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:18 - Jun 25 by DJR

It's all about the armchair fans these days, but the clubs are happy to go along with it because of all that lovely lolly.

In some ways, there is something to be said for Division 1.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2023 8:18]

And all that lovely lolly goes into one end of the clubs and out the other end mainly to pay the players. We blame Sky and the EFL for TV deals disruption of fixtures and say that "they don't care about the effect on the fans" but ultimately it brings more money to the players and nobody says that they "don't care...."
Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:29 - Jun 25 with 1333 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 07:07 - Jun 25 by pennyfathersleg

This broadcasting deal doesn’t start until the 24/25 season, but yes lots and lots of non 15:00 Saturday kick offs!

oops, I didn't spot that
cheers

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:34 - Jun 25 with 1319 viewseye_tee_F_see

Running from season 2024/25 to season 2028/29,
Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:46 - Jun 25 with 1248 viewsDJR

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:28 - Jun 25 by AlanG296

And all that lovely lolly goes into one end of the clubs and out the other end mainly to pay the players. We blame Sky and the EFL for TV deals disruption of fixtures and say that "they don't care about the effect on the fans" but ultimately it brings more money to the players and nobody says that they "don't care...."

I suppose it's a gravy train for everyone, Sky, players, agents and (given rocketing valuations) club owners.

Personally, I preferred things as they were when I grew up watching Ipswich in the late 60s and 70s. But obviously one can't turn the clock back.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:55 - Jun 25 with 1211 viewsAlanG296

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 08:46 - Jun 25 by DJR

I suppose it's a gravy train for everyone, Sky, players, agents and (given rocketing valuations) club owners.

Personally, I preferred things as they were when I grew up watching Ipswich in the late 60s and 70s. But obviously one can't turn the clock back.

And it's the fans and tv subscribers who supply the gravy. I too preferred it as it was back before the Premier league effect started to wreck football finances, but there's no going back now.
Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 09:23 - Jun 25 with 1136 viewsPinewoodblue

Accepting that your post is just plain wrong still wouldn’t be surprised if the Leeds game was switched.

Sky have still to release a list of games they will show after the first weekend.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 11:05 - Jun 25 with 970 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Sky scheduling and potential date changes on 09:23 - Jun 25 by Pinewoodblue

Accepting that your post is just plain wrong still wouldn’t be surprised if the Leeds game was switched.

Sky have still to release a list of games they will show after the first weekend.

yes, for personal reasons it would suit me if the Leeds game moves to Sunday, but in general I hate all this moving of fixtures. The new TV deal has one slither of improvement, in that the matches being shown must be announced before the season starts (up to January). So many times my travel plans have been messed up by late changes, after train tickets have been booked.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024