Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's squad update..... 09:24 - Jun 28 with 4031 viewsitfcjoe

GK (3) - Walton, Hladky, Hayes
RB (2) - Clarke, Donacien
LB (2) - Davis, Leigh
CB (3) - Woolfenden, Burgess, Edmundson Baggott*
CM (7) - Morsy, Evans, Ball, El Mizouni, Luongo, Camara, Taylor, Humphreys*
W/AM (7) - Burns, Chaplin, Harness, Jackson, Aluko, Edwards, Broadhead
ST (1) - Ladapo
Total (25+2)

Out on Loan (2) - Ndaba, Ahadme

Likely leaving - Permanent or loan (3) - Pigott, Harper, Yengi

Changes from yesterday:
El Miz back in the fold*
Ahadme to Cambridge**

*Idris El Mizouni, 22, was among the players not spotted at yesterday’s first day of pre-season training but we understand was at the club today.

**Blues striker Gassan Ahadme has joined League One Cambridge United on loan for the 2023/24 season.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 09:43 - Jun 28 with 3263 viewsunstableblue

Great to hear El Miz is back.. but am coming to terms to the fact he's probably going out on loan.. unless both Ball and/or Evans are leaving the building.

Still think left sided CB and Striker(s) are the big moves to expect.

I wonder is W/AM is now seen as sufficiently manned.... I do think this could be Edwards 'Town break out season', even if that relies on a space opening up through injury.

With 2 expected incoming, I guess El Miz and Camara (who seems out of place... maybe following Ahadme out on loan?) to be leaving

Its a LONG and GRUELLING season so you need quality cover across the team! Some BIG (and now fit) players like Evans could not be making matchday squads, but remain essential

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 09:48 - Jun 28 with 3236 viewsPhilTWTD

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 09:43 - Jun 28 by unstableblue

Great to hear El Miz is back.. but am coming to terms to the fact he's probably going out on loan.. unless both Ball and/or Evans are leaving the building.

Still think left sided CB and Striker(s) are the big moves to expect.

I wonder is W/AM is now seen as sufficiently manned.... I do think this could be Edwards 'Town break out season', even if that relies on a space opening up through injury.

With 2 expected incoming, I guess El Miz and Camara (who seems out of place... maybe following Ahadme out on loan?) to be leaving

Its a LONG and GRUELLING season so you need quality cover across the team! Some BIG (and now fit) players like Evans could not be making matchday squads, but remain essential

I think he'll almost certainly be sold.
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 09:49 - Jun 28 with 3222 viewsMullet

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 09:48 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

Not had a ten pager for a while have we?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Today's squad update..... on 09:56 - Jun 28 with 3177 viewsGenericIpswichMan

It's only when you see the squad written down like this that you realise that we are actually quite overloaded and to bring in the necessary quality we are going to have to ship a few out the door.

It doesn't take a genius to see that we need 1, possibly 2 more strikers as a priority and to make way for this then you are going to have to look into the CM and W/AM category mentioned.

El Miz being the obvious first candidate out the door from this list.

I am curious as to whether Mckenna will look to get another CB in you know, given that Donacien, Leigh and arguably Ball can play that position if needs be.
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 09:59 - Jun 28 with 3131 viewshomer_123

As I said yesterday (and before). It's impossible to see a pathway to first team football here at the moment. (I rate him by the way).

Would you put him ahead of Morsy, Luongo, Taylor? Is he ahead of Cam for example? You've then got Ball, Evans and Camara (like one or two of those will go as well but still, is he ahead there I wonder)?

He deserves first team football but just can't see how he gets that here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:03 - Jun 28 with 3093 viewsPhilTWTD

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 09:59 - Jun 28 by homer_123

As I said yesterday (and before). It's impossible to see a pathway to first team football here at the moment. (I rate him by the way).

Would you put him ahead of Morsy, Luongo, Taylor? Is he ahead of Cam for example? You've then got Ball, Evans and Camara (like one or two of those will go as well but still, is he ahead there I wonder)?

Indeed, and he'll only he'll only have the one-year option on his contract next summer, so we'll not get as much for him then as we would now. I reckon we could get £500,000-ish for him this summer.
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:05 - Jun 28 with 3068 viewsKieran_Knows

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:03 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, and he'll only he'll only have the one-year option on his contract next summer, so we'll not get as much for him then as we would now. I reckon we could get £500,000-ish for him this summer.

£500k with a good sell on like Downes.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:07 - Jun 28 with 3054 viewsportmanking

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 09:59 - Jun 28 by homer_123

There's a couple of clubs currently above us in the pyramid considering a buy-to-loan move for El Miz.
Login to get fewer ads

Today's squad update..... on 10:11 - Jun 28 with 3015 viewsSharkey

It seems to me that that +2 could very usefully be a bit higher. (In other words, there's some need to find one ore two more to add to the Baggott and Humphreys category.)
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:12 - Jun 28 with 2997 viewsPhilTWTD

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:05 - Jun 28 by Kieran_Knows

£500k with a good sell on like Downes.

Indeed, I think that will be the plan. Think we'll probably try to get more but I reckon that's broadly the region of the fee we'll get bearing in mind it's largely League One clubs who are interested and the only Championship club I'm aware of is Plymouth and they'll not have the biggest budget.
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:21 - Jun 28 with 2919 viewsunstableblue

Hmmmm... my opinion has been heavily influenced by a Leyton Orient season ticket holder messaging on a fortnightly basis, and just waxing lyrical about our young Tunisian!

But is he good enough to be above Luongo, Morsy, Taylor.. no.

Perhaps if a fee for Ball or Evans could be found? might that influence

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:23 - Jun 28 with 2861 viewshomer_123

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:07 - Jun 28 by portmanking

There's a couple of clubs currently above us in the pyramid considering a buy-to-loan move for El Miz.

loan-to-buy?

Or do you mean, buy and loan him out again?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 10:23]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Today's squad update..... on 10:23 - Jun 28 with 2851 viewsunstableblue

Today's squad update..... on 09:56 - Jun 28 by GenericIpswichMan

It's only when you see the squad written down like this that you realise that we are actually quite overloaded and to bring in the necessary quality we are going to have to ship a few out the door.

It doesn't take a genius to see that we need 1, possibly 2 more strikers as a priority and to make way for this then you are going to have to look into the CM and W/AM category mentioned.

El Miz being the obvious first candidate out the door from this list.

I am curious as to whether Mckenna will look to get another CB in you know, given that Donacien, Leigh and arguably Ball can play that position if needs be.

You need 25+ its a long gruelling season. Could be a scenario where Morsy is suspended and Luongo injured... for example... so an Evans/Ball/Humphreys comes into the picture

Strikers must be the main focus

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:31 - Jun 28 with 2821 viewsportmanking

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:23 - Jun 28 by homer_123

loan-to-buy?

Or do you mean, buy and loan him out again?
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 10:23]

Buy and loan out again.
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:36 - Jun 28 with 2792 viewsPhilTWTD

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:21 - Jun 28 by unstableblue

Hmmmm... my opinion has been heavily influenced by a Leyton Orient season ticket holder messaging on a fortnightly basis, and just waxing lyrical about our young Tunisian!

But is he good enough to be above Luongo, Morsy, Taylor.. no.

Perhaps if a fee for Ball or Evans could be found? might that influence

I think he probably needs to move on for his own development really. Even if those two depart, he's still going to be behind Morsy, Luongo and Taylor, and perhaps Humphreys depending on how he progresses in the months to come.
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:36 - Jun 28 with 2784 viewsSharkey

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:12 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, I think that will be the plan. Think we'll probably try to get more but I reckon that's broadly the region of the fee we'll get bearing in mind it's largely League One clubs who are interested and the only Championship club I'm aware of is Plymouth and they'll not have the biggest budget.

(Genuine question) How many league 1 clubs are there who'd spend half a million on a single player? I ask because at that level so many transfers are for 'undisclosed' fees that I genuinely have no idea if it's three or four league 1 clubs, or well over half.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 10:37]
Today's squad update..... on 10:44 - Jun 28 with 2721 viewsGenericIpswichMan

Today's squad update..... on 10:23 - Jun 28 by unstableblue

You need 25+ its a long gruelling season. Could be a scenario where Morsy is suspended and Luongo injured... for example... so an Evans/Ball/Humphreys comes into the picture

Strikers must be the main focus

Absolutely agree with your comments. We certainly need 25 over the course of the season thats not in question.

My remark was simply that to achieve this we need to re-jig what makes up this 25, and for me it will involve selling a couple of midfielders to bring in the strikers which we need.

Humphreys is an interesting one this year. He's a gimme in the sense that he doesn't count towards the 25 man squad but similarly I'll be amazed if he gets a huge amount of game time. I'd like to see him spend a year on loan getting more valuable development playing regular League One football with the option of a recall in January as insurance in the event of injuries and possible suspensions.
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:48 - Jun 28 with 2680 viewsPhilTWTD

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:36 - Jun 28 by Sharkey

(Genuine question) How many league 1 clubs are there who'd spend half a million on a single player? I ask because at that level so many transfers are for 'undisclosed' fees that I genuinely have no idea if it's three or four league 1 clubs, or well over half.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 10:37]

Not many this year, I'm sure. Derby and Wycombe are the two most interested, from what I gather.
These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 12:22 - Jun 28 with 2445 viewsunstableblue

These are great Joe - keep 'em coming on 10:36 - Jun 28 by PhilTWTD

I think he probably needs to move on for his own development really. Even if those two depart, he's still going to be behind Morsy, Luongo and Taylor, and perhaps Humphreys depending on how he progresses in the months to come.

I guess the question is whether during pre-season McKenna and his team see enough potential to justify a loan and another year to develop, leading to a higher fee or potential role at Town... I feel they can get more than £500k for him in the long term.

He's always played well in a Town shirt, and as I keep saying he got players player and managers player of the year in a promotion side.

Harper likely leaving confirmed (n/t) on 12:22 - Jun 28 with 2440 viewsunstableblue

Today's squad update..... on 12:29 - Jun 28 with 2384 viewsthe_toff

Harper confirmed, I think Pigott will be too before too long.

Some work to do getting a couple of the younger ones out on loan but I think there's less riding on that, they'll be on smaller wages and could happen later in the window.

Still think there's a relatively big ticket or 2 to leave from those midfielders. Can't see all of Evans, Ball and Camara making the final squad.
Today's squad update..... on 12:35 - Jun 28 with 2302 viewsunstableblue

Today's squad update..... on 10:44 - Jun 28 by GenericIpswichMan

Absolutely agree with your comments. We certainly need 25 over the course of the season thats not in question.

My remark was simply that to achieve this we need to re-jig what makes up this 25, and for me it will involve selling a couple of midfielders to bring in the strikers which we need.

Humphreys is an interesting one this year. He's a gimme in the sense that he doesn't count towards the 25 man squad but similarly I'll be amazed if he gets a huge amount of game time. I'd like to see him spend a year on loan getting more valuable development playing regular League One football with the option of a recall in January as insurance in the event of injuries and possible suspensions.

Humphreys to start in the League Cup games

I think he's quite highly rated, and could make bench alongside Luongo, as it currently stands

Today's squad update..... on 13:57 - Jun 28 with 2118 viewsRopeyAdvice

Great stuff, thanks Joe!
Today's squad update..... on 15:22 - Jun 28 with 1972 viewsKropotkin123

Seems like you gave up listing likely pecking order after the defence! Guessing it looks like this at the moment.

GK (3) - Walton, Hladky, Hayes
RB (2) - Clarke, Donacien
LB (2) - Davis, Leigh
CB (3) - Woolfenden, Burgess, Edmundson, Baggott*
CM (7) - Morsy, Taylor, Luongo, Ball, Camara, Evans, El Mizouni, Humphreys*
RF (2) - Burns, Jackson
LF (3) - Broadhead, Harness, Aluko
CF (2) - Chaplin, Edwards
ST (1) - Ladapo

Next most likely signings:
1. ST - No prizes for reasoning here
2. CB - 3 heading into the season is light
3. CF - goalscoring back up. Though we could do something like take Chaplin off, move Taylor into CF and have Morsy, Luongo, or Ball in mid
4. RF - Jackson looks like the next weakest option across the forwards
5. LF - Harness could move on if we get someone better. Not sure he offers much at this level.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

CLUB TEAM PAGE WEB-SITE UPDATE on 15:34 - Jun 28 with 1900 viewsunstableblue

https://www.itfc.co.uk/teams

Loving the new web-site and the look and feel; and thank goodness they've finally updated the Team page.

Pretty matches Joe's list...

BUT

- Baggot not in defenders
- Centre Mids is 9, adding El Miz
- W/AM and ST combined and matches Joe's

Loans are confirmed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024