Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... 16:33 - Aug 3 with 3465 viewsITFCson

I bought a Sunderland ticket purely for the loyalty point...there I have said it!!

I did not realise at the time all the fallout of people buying a ticket to accumulate points, although I understand how it would anger some fans. But lets remember, last season and previous seasons fans have used friends and family to get them away tickets which is essentially also queue jumping.

Anyway if anyone wants it then they are welcome to it.

I would like to add my intention was always to give it away, I have not been swayed by the threads on here.

Please send PM if interested.
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 16:43 - Aug 3 with 2888 viewsfinidi_whooah

I hope who ever takes it off you returns it to the club for a refund on your behalf
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 16:50 - Aug 3 with 2838 viewsLankHenners

You can just be honest without trying to excuse it - doing this isn't at all the same as using someone else's membership number as it's been in previous seasons.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 16:57 - Aug 3 with 2785 viewsVaughan8

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 16:50 - Aug 3 by LankHenners

You can just be honest without trying to excuse it - doing this isn't at all the same as using someone else's membership number as it's been in previous seasons.

It is in terms of jumping the queue it is surely. Not for loyalty points no, because those weren't in place, but I bet some people have more loyalty points this season because of away tickets last season.......which they may have not used. Having said that, they didn't knowingly do it.

Unfortunately people are going to be doing this and its surely going to be hard to stop, unless people don't take the tickets.
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:10 - Aug 3 with 2719 viewsLankHenners

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 16:57 - Aug 3 by Vaughan8

It is in terms of jumping the queue it is surely. Not for loyalty points no, because those weren't in place, but I bet some people have more loyalty points this season because of away tickets last season.......which they may have not used. Having said that, they didn't knowingly do it.

Unfortunately people are going to be doing this and its surely going to be hard to stop, unless people don't take the tickets.

The point is this is specifically for the person selling the ticket's gain whereas before the person giving out their membership number didn't get anything out of it.

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:12 - Aug 3 with 2689 viewsthe_toff

Well at least you're honest about it I suppose.

Just don't do it again, you naughty boy
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:12 - Aug 3 with 2690 viewsSitfcB

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 16:50 - Aug 3 by LankHenners

Well it is really, people would lend their numbers out to get to the number of games required for a letter for the Norwich game. (Or Fleetwood, Cheltenham and one other last season)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:14 - Aug 3 with 2668 viewsJ2BLUE

Buying it to give it away for the point isn't a problem IMO. You deserve the point.

Buying it to sell on to get the point is incredibly scummy. I hope whoever buys them then reports the seller after the game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:21 - Aug 3 with 2616 viewsJ2BLUE

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:12 - Aug 3 by SitfcB

Well it is really, people would lend their numbers out to get to the number of games required for a letter for the Norwich game. (Or Fleetwood, Cheltenham and one other last season)

I have no real dog in the fight as unlikely to do any away games but it does seem to be the people who know they will get a ticket who don't mind other people doing this.

Your entire attitude seems to be someone is getting screwed but it's not me so who cares?

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:24 - Aug 3 with 2582 viewsNeedhamChris

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:14 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

Buying it to give it away for the point isn't a problem IMO. You deserve the point.

Buying it to sell on to get the point is incredibly scummy. I hope whoever buys them then reports the seller after the game.

I'm not planning at this point to do it, but I think incredibly scummy is a bit much.

This isn't entirely new, it's the visibility that's changed.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:35 - Aug 3 with 2506 viewsSitfcB

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:21 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

I have no real dog in the fight as unlikely to do any away games but it does seem to be the people who know they will get a ticket who don't mind other people doing this.

Your entire attitude seems to be someone is getting screwed but it's not me so who cares?

I won’t be buying tickets to sell but I will lend my number to people if they want/need tickets to a game I’m not going to and have access to other spare numbers if needed, have always done this.

At the end of the day anyone can buy a membership anyway so the market is flooded, unlike before when only s/t holders could buy Gold Cards.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:37 - Aug 3 with 2474 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

The idea of this being scummy if trying to sell them on is down to personal interpretation.

However if a fan is willing to by a ticket and then give it away the team do not lose out on any support and it gives a chance for a person who may have fallen on recent financial hardship to get to a game they otherwise maybe wouldn’t have. The OP should be applauded.
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:38 - Aug 3 with 2457 viewsJ2BLUE

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:24 - Aug 3 by NeedhamChris

I'm not planning at this point to do it, but I think incredibly scummy is a bit much.

Personally I don't think this is the same as gold cards but people can obviously disagree.

Truly impaired.

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:47 - Aug 3 with 2403 viewsazuremerlangus

Difficult to judge anybody on this.

My points total is incorrect because I got several away tickets via face-value transactions off other fans and also paid at the turnstile too. Sometimes things are not fair but that is life.

I think paying for an away ticket just for the point and then accepting that it might go unused is a sad state of affairs all round but them's is the rules currently.

Does have the whiff of a Wonka Golden Ticket about it...
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 17:52]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:47 - Aug 3 with 2389 viewsthe_toff

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:24 - Aug 3 by NeedhamChris

I would agree with that. Not something I would do, I would rather buy the ticket and actually go to the game, but I'm not going to cry too much at what others do. And that's not from a place of 'I'm alright Jack'. Ultimately each and every away game will have Town bums on seats, and as long as people don't buy and sell above the face value I'm not going to get too bothered if people manipulate their points. Whoever ends up with tickets at Carrow Road will be Town fans and all I ask is that they support the team well. 'Scum' is a bit OTT.

I think the points based system lends itself to such abuse, has done since forever and I would rather the club did away with it.
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:53 - Aug 3 with 2342 viewsPinewoodblue

All I would say is if the original poster always intended to give the ticket away it is strange that the ticket is still in his possession.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:55 - Aug 3 with 2336 viewsLankHenners

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:12 - Aug 3 by SitfcB

Not the same thing though is it?

Obviously much more widespread this season with the points system affecting every match (not that they'll all require a high number of points) and if it wasn't a problem then other clubs who have been doing this for a while wouldn't have introduced measures to try and stop people doing it. Not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things but would be a shame for what is essentially selfishness to potentially spoil things for others trying to play fairly further down the line.

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:58 - Aug 3 with 2318 viewsthe_toff

I notice a couple of tiggerts have become available on the club site now too.
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 18:41 - Aug 3 with 2165 viewsITFCson

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:37 - Aug 3 by E_I_E_I_E_I_O

The idea of this being scummy if trying to sell them on is down to personal interpretation.

However if a fan is willing to by a ticket and then give it away the team do not lose out on any support and it gives a chance for a person who may have fallen on recent financial hardship to get to a game they otherwise maybe wouldn’t have. The OP should be applauded.

Thanks, I appreciate your comment.

Everyone will view the whole situation different which is fine. Like most things in life we all have opinions and they often differ.
The system as we all know is extremely flawed. Last season I bought 5 tickets for MK dons away for my friends, for that I have been given 5 points - which is ridiculous. I think some posters here would have me calling the ticket office and asking them to reduce my points balance by 4 points!
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 18:43 - Aug 3 with 2141 viewsITFCson

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:12 - Aug 3 by the_toff

Well at least you're honest about it I suppose.

Just don't do it again, you naughty boy

Is it really that bad...if someone gets to go to an away game that otherwise would not of gone I think that is not so bad.
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 18:50 - Aug 3 with 2080 viewsITFCson

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 17:53 - Aug 3 by Pinewoodblue

All I would say is if the original poster always intended to give the ticket away it is strange that the ticket is still in his possession.

The ticket arrived in the post this morning. I might add I bought my ticket Monday when there was 2 tickets left (not next to each other) so had left plenty of time for those wanting to buy 1 (and point) to do so.
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 19:04 - Aug 3 with 2026 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 18:43 - Aug 3 by ITFCson

Is it really that bad...if someone gets to go to an away game that otherwise would not of gone I think that is not so bad.

Well that bit I can’t believe anybody has a problem with but the point is that you clearly don’t deserve to get the loyalty point for not travelling up to Sunderland on Sunday night!
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 19:10 - Aug 3 with 1999 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 18:41 - Aug 3 by ITFCson

Thanks, I appreciate your comment.

Everyone will view the whole situation different which is fine. Like most things in life we all have opinions and they often differ.
The system as we all know is extremely flawed. Last season I bought 5 tickets for MK dons away for my friends, for that I have been given 5 points - which is ridiculous. I think some posters here would have me calling the ticket office and asking them to reduce my points balance by 4 points!

You wouldn’t have got 5 points allocated to you for that transaction. You sure you’re not confusing it with the 5 points for being a member last year, or the 5 points for buying a membership this year?
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 20:01 - Aug 3 with 1837 viewsITFCson

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 19:10 - Aug 3 by PrideOfTheEast

You wouldn’t have got 5 points allocated to you for that transaction. You sure you’re not confusing it with the 5 points for being a member last year, or the 5 points for buying a membership this year?

You are correct....I was confusing it for that! However, that now means I got zero points for the 5 MK tickets I bought last season - surely I should receive 1 point for that?
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 20:10 - Aug 3 with 1816 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 20:01 - Aug 3 by ITFCson

You are correct....I was confusing it for that! However, that now means I got zero points for the 5 MK tickets I bought last season - surely I should receive 1 point for that?

If you were a member (and you bought the ticket in your name using your membership details) then yes, otherwise no.
I have a Sunderland Ticket going free.... on 21:11 - Aug 3 with 1696 viewstractorshark

The problem with buying a ticket for points and then selling it on is it completely bypasses the priority system, regardless of the fact no profit is made.
So those with a membership miss out while someone without a membership gets a ticket by effectively picking it up on an early general sale.
It's no different to the Gold Card loophole last season, where numbers were passed on.
And I'm not surprised people are now getting a bit angry about it this season.
Demand is as high as it's ever been and if you're paying more for a membership, the least you deserve is an equal chance of a ticket, even if you're not guaranteed one.
If you had enough points for a Sunderland ticket this time, the chances are you are a regular anyway and will still qualify for a Norwich ticket whether you attend this match or not.
So I don't see the need. You can put whatever positive spin on it you like but the reality is you're turning over a fan who has forked out £40 on a membership.
And there must be a fair few members who, like me, don't live in Ipswich so their only way of getting a ticket is through the official means.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024