Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything (n/t) 06:01 - Aug 9 with 4459 viewschenners17

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 06:41 - Aug 9 with 3788 viewsEssexBloo

Mate of mine who works at the club told me our transfer business is done for this window. Apparently the cost of the TV studio went well over budget.
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 07:10 - Aug 9 with 3673 viewsNthQldITFC

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 06:41 - Aug 9 by EssexBloo

Mate of mine who works at the club told me our transfer business is done for this window. Apparently the cost of the TV studio went well over budget.

I have a close friend who works at the club who told me that because of a leak in the toilets we'll never buy another player unless that player also has a plumbing qualification. I don't know how true that information is, but is definitely information. Unless it isn't.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 08:31 - Aug 9 with 3421 viewschicoazul

He didn’t moan about leaks. He (sort of) moaned about people following George Hirst and putting it on FaceGramTok or whatever it is, and rightly so.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 08:41 - Aug 9 with 3379 viewsSharkey

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 08:31 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

He didn’t moan about leaks. He (sort of) moaned about people following George Hirst and putting it on FaceGramTok or whatever it is, and rightly so.

'Moan' might be a bit strong, but he said " “I know that some fans like to speculate and like to use social media on who we’re signing etc, and I said two years ago that that type of behaviour at times hurt the football club. It still hurts the football club, be under no illusion. We live with it and we get on with it but it doesn’t help us."
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 08:53 - Aug 9 with 3324 viewsBloomBlue

I've been told who we are signing next and when but 1) if I told you the club would know who leaked the details to me and 2) it could mean the club would be unhappy with TWTD for publishing it.Therefore I will wait until the official announcement before I tell you.
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 08:58 - Aug 9 with 3284 viewsMummy_Short_Arms

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 08:53 - Aug 9 by BloomBlue

I've been told who we are signing next and when but 1) if I told you the club would know who leaked the details to me and 2) it could mean the club would be unhappy with TWTD for publishing it.Therefore I will wait until the official announcement before I tell you.

So we have signed someone?
Yeah, so will I. (n/t) on 09:02 - Aug 9 with 3250 viewsBloots

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 08:53 - Aug 9 by BloomBlue

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Yeah, so will I. (n/t) on 09:11 - Aug 9 with 3189 viewsNthQldITFC

Yeah, so will I. (n/t) on 09:02 - Aug 9 by Bloots

So will you what? Wait or be unhappy with TWTD?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Yeah, so will I. (n/t) on 09:19 - Aug 9 with 3144 viewschicoazul

Yeah, so will I. (n/t) on 09:02 - Aug 9 by Bloots

Not before I don’t you won’t.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 09:22 - Aug 9 with 3124 viewsCrockerITFC

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 07:10 - Aug 9 by NthQldITFC

I have a close friend who works at the club who told me that because of a leak in the toilets we'll never buy another player unless that player also has a plumbing qualification. I don't know how true that information is, but is definitely information. Unless it isn't.

Stuart Pearce was an electrician if that counts?
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 09:39 - Aug 9 with 3026 viewsHipsterectomy

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 08:31 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Luckily for us George found it hilarious. If it had been a random signing with no affiliation for the club, I can see why they would be put off.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 09:50 - Aug 9 with 2967 viewsBlueySwede

Think it might be coincidental. Maybe not much is happening right now?
Also, I think Ashton is a little wrong about this (not about fans following Hirst etc), but fans will always speculate.
The main problem in todays transfer business I think is greedy agents.
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 09:55 - Aug 9 with 2910 viewsfarkenhell

An alternative option would be to disclose, but then kill all who read TWTD.
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 09:58 - Aug 9 with 2892 viewsMatt_Netherlands

The fact you’ve taken the time to write five lines of this complete and utter bull, is really quite sad.
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 12:29 - Aug 9 with 2525 viewsIpswichRising

You won't have to tell us anything after the official announcement as we will already know, so your post is pointless
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 12:40 - Aug 9 with 2446 viewsKieran_Knows

The whole thing with Hirst did get creepy towards the end, but I can't help but think Ashton has over-egged the whole 'following' part of it. I don't think anyone particularly followed him, he just popped up in several different places and several different people took pictures.

The only real one was the chap driving behind him down the road who took a video. You'd like to think that was just an excited fan who happened to be driving the same way as him and had seen the earlier reports of his car being at the ground, rather than him actually following him for a video.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 12:41]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:15 - Aug 9 with 2295 viewsBseaBlue

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 12:29 - Aug 9 by IpswichRising

You won't have to tell us anything after the official announcement as we will already know, so your post is pointless

I think he has done you there mate........
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:16 - Aug 9 with 2286 viewsMullet

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 12:40 - Aug 9 by Kieran_Knows

The whole thing with Hirst did get creepy towards the end, but I can't help but think Ashton has over-egged the whole 'following' part of it. I don't think anyone particularly followed him, he just popped up in several different places and several different people took pictures.

The only real one was the chap driving behind him down the road who took a video. You'd like to think that was just an excited fan who happened to be driving the same way as him and had seen the earlier reports of his car being at the ground, rather than him actually following him for a video.

Probably, think it was a tad irresponsible but I get why they posted it. The weird new account that had two blokes bellowing outside the hotel was far weirder in my opinion. I'm not sure if it was meant to be some sort of skit, but it had no charm whatsoever.

I do wonder if certain individuals might be wearing the club thin. Whilst there's such a feelgood factor and the Americans' focus on community, it'll be a big move to ban people/sack people etc. but I'd not be completely surprised if we see a twitter blub or something soon.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:27 - Aug 9 with 2175 viewsKieran_Knows

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:16 - Aug 9 by Mullet

Probably, think it was a tad irresponsible but I get why they posted it. The weird new account that had two blokes bellowing outside the hotel was far weirder in my opinion. I'm not sure if it was meant to be some sort of skit, but it had no charm whatsoever.

I do wonder if certain individuals might be wearing the club thin. Whilst there's such a feelgood factor and the Americans' focus on community, it'll be a big move to ban people/sack people etc. but I'd not be completely surprised if we see a twitter blub or something soon.

Oh absolutely, and as I say, it got incredibly weird towards the end with Hirst, but I do think Ashton slightly over-egged it.

Quite possibly, but as I mentioned on a thread the other day, are they really going to stop every single bit of information coming out of the club? It has hundreds of employees across first team players, staff, academy staff, academy players ... and that's before you get to new players joining the club who have told family members, friends etc.

I get where Ashton is coming from, I really do, but just can't help but feel he's swimming against the tide a little if he feels he can stop every bit of information coming out of the club.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:30 - Aug 9 with 2146 viewsITFCBlues

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:27 - Aug 9 by Kieran_Knows

Oh absolutely, and as I say, it got incredibly weird towards the end with Hirst, but I do think Ashton slightly over-egged it.

Quite possibly, but as I mentioned on a thread the other day, are they really going to stop every single bit of information coming out of the club? It has hundreds of employees across first team players, staff, academy staff, academy players ... and that's before you get to new players joining the club who have told family members, friends etc.

I get where Ashton is coming from, I really do, but just can't help but feel he's swimming against the tide a little if he feels he can stop every bit of information coming out of the club.

Quite - you've got to think that agents are floating their clients names about as well and if they're not, they're probably not doing their jobs properly!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:33 - Aug 9 with 2127 viewsMullet

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:27 - Aug 9 by Kieran_Knows

I think it's who that information goes to and how they behave to be honest. People begging for nuggets and gossip who have no right to it or are desperate to look important are clearly problematic.

Hirstgate identifies the blurring of lines and privacy, but there probably are situations where agents and clubs get p1ssed off at a leak if it compromises something they want, or weakens their hand with other deals or whatnot.

Phil might correct me, but I think the club are pretty clear with media types on what is acceptable to them and what's not. When people ignore that anywhere along the chain, there's only so much leeway they can have I assume.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 2017 viewschicoazul

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 12:40 - Aug 9 by Kieran_Knows

Agreed.
What I don’t get, is why Ashton thinks rumours definite info etc is a problem. Everyone in football knows if someone is on the move within about 5 minutes and it almost always leaks, often from the Agent side. I find it very hard to believe a player or a club has ever or would ever pull out of a deal because ITFC69NORWICHHATER posted about it on TWTD.

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 14:51 - Aug 9 with 1809 viewsFrimleyBlue

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 13:54 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Agreed.
What I don’t get, is why Ashton thinks rumours definite info etc is a problem. Everyone in football knows if someone is on the move within about 5 minutes and it almost always leaks, often from the Agent side. I find it very hard to believe a player or a club has ever or would ever pull out of a deal because ITFC69NORWICHHATER posted about it on TWTD.

Deflection!!!!

There isn't a problem. He just made himself look silly by saying 3 down the line when 0 came off.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 15:22 - Aug 9 with 1720 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 14:51 - Aug 9 by FrimleyBlue

Deflection!!!!

There isn't a problem. He just made himself look silly by saying 3 down the line when 0 came off.

Exactly this…..l have said the same, he said 2-3 were well down the road 3 weeks ago. None of which worked out. Was miffed and blamed the fans. The McNally one was so close, it really twisted the knife.
Since Ashton mentioned/moaned about transfer leaks, there hasn't been anything ( on 15:24 - Aug 9 with 1708 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Where are your big signings then and the one that was going to break our transfer record ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024