Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 3 New Signings 10:23 - Aug 15 with 13398 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

So we assume Adam Armstrong for £8million is not happening, but we were told there are 3 more key signings coming. The club has managed to keep these ones closer to their chest, maybe after what happened with George Hirst being stalked and hounded that is for the best, but I am honestly at a loss to even make a guess at who it is. I would expect a centre half but no idea who! Any guesses?

On the leavers I would be on Edmundson, Edwards (a given now), Evans, Ball and even Ladapo could be a shout to be off to make room for the new three.
The 3 New Signings on 11:11 - Aug 15 with 1957 viewsBiGDonnie

The 3 New Signings on 11:08 - Aug 15 by pointofblue

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we bring TJJ back. Think he's in the final year of his contract so Arsenal are probably looking to sell - can't imagine he'll cost that much though.

I wouldn't want a long term contract with him, maybe two years with the club having an option on a third. Green but with plenty of promise.

Yup. He was at FPR on Saturday.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 11:11]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The 3 New Signings on 11:12 - Aug 15 with 1938 viewsSuperblue95

Cathcart and John Jules.

See how the squad goes until January and then see where we need upgrades/reinforcements in January

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The 3 New Signings on 11:12 - Aug 15 with 1935 viewsitfcsuth

Edwards is out of the equation it seems now - wish him all the best, has been an exciting player, a great character and look forward to see him excel playing week in week out somewhere.

Beyond that, I don't see anymore permanent exits.

Incomings, need for another LCB and versatile forward player.

I like Kongolo, and I would really like TJJ on a permanent.
The 3 New Signings on 11:14 - Aug 15 with 1925 viewsITFCBlues

The 3 New Signings on 10:47 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

I hate this, just because we've had a good start, doesn't now mean everything is rosy.

We need 3 players, minimum, if we are looking to compete at the top end of this division.

100% agree with this & also regarding Ashton put the deflectors on for what has been a pretty poor/average window thus far.

Momentum has certainly carried us in the early stages and having that continuity that other clubs just don't have yet. But as the season goes on, that edge will be no longer exist. We need to add 2 or 3 players of real quality to keep pushing towards the top end of the table.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The 3 New Signings on 11:18 - Aug 15 with 1894 viewsMatt_Netherlands

TJJ
Keinan Davis
Craig Cathcart

Maybe Rak Sayk if Leicester falls through.
The 3 New Signings on 11:29 - Aug 15 with 1817 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ashton said 2 or 3.

You'd think perhaps one of those was McNally was maybe one that we thought was done?

That would account for 1.

Armstrong is being linked with Palace for £10m. Don't think he was ever on a list as being achievable

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The 3 New Signings on 11:30 - Aug 15 with 1809 viewsyorkshireblue

The 3 New Signings on 10:48 - Aug 15 by itfc48

Might be a bit out of our reach but I'd love Cameron Archer. Rumours are Villa are open to a sale albeit with a buyback clause.

I expect Middlesbrough with £12million burning a hole in their pocket and now a striker light will be hios most likely destination if he drops down to the Championship. Although Sheffield United are rumoured to be interested.
The 3 New Signings on 11:30 - Aug 15 with 1805 viewsjayessess

The 3 New Signings on 10:39 - Aug 15 by the_toff

In:

Tuanzebe
Rak-Sakyi (loan)
Armstrong

Out:

Edwards
Ladapo
Evans
Baggott (loan)

I would be delighted with this business, would feel like a Jan 2023 window level of upgrade. I can't see us paying anywhere near that amount for Armstrong though, perhaps we've identified another forward that we're working on.

I thought the point of getting another striker in was to have 3?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

The 3 New Signings on 11:38 - Aug 15 with 1770 viewsGuthrum

The 3 New Signings on 11:14 - Aug 15 by ITFCBlues

100% agree with this & also regarding Ashton put the deflectors on for what has been a pretty poor/average window thus far.

Momentum has certainly carried us in the early stages and having that continuity that other clubs just don't have yet. But as the season goes on, that edge will be no longer exist. We need to add 2 or 3 players of real quality to keep pushing towards the top end of the table.

Did we only win because our opponents were not "together", or was it actually on merit? Neil's comments would seem to suggest the latter. Didn't look like Town were vastly lucky against Sunderland (they missed a couple, but so did we).

Another way to look at it is that our continuity and momentum advantages may carry us to such a good start it gives room to coast through any difficult winter period until we can reinforce in January (when players may be more willing to come, or clubs to loan, to a side which has shown it can do the business at this level).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The 3 New Signings on 11:40 - Aug 15 with 1752 viewsReusersTown

The 3 New Signings on 10:35 - Aug 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm not sure the club has ever said 'key' signings. Also MA said that weeks ago, also saying that two were a long way down the line, and nothing has materialised, so we've either missed out, moved on, or they are far more complicated that we know.

Right now, I would be surprised to see Fridge, or for that matter Ball, move on even if we bring a CB in. We are very light at CB and RB with the injuries to Clarke and Edmundson. Baggot is an option, but unproven at Championship level, far more likely to see introductions for him from the bench, late in games that are sewn up.

My big worry in defence is if someone comes in with a big bid for Wolfie or Davis for example, we are going to be really struggling to get a replacement before the end of the window.

With Evans, giving him the captaincy when Morsy isn't there shows the respect for him in the building, and I see him as Morsy's back up. For Ladapo to go, we'd have to sign 2 strikers.

I think we will see one maybe two come in, but only if someone moves on. January will be our key window, depending on where we are come December 1st.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 12:05]

I'll be honest Evans as a replacement for Morsy at this level terrifies me, he's just too slow particularly in defense and think we would have to go with Ball.
The 3 New Signings on 11:43 - Aug 15 with 1740 viewsBlueandTruesince82

The 3 New Signings on 10:48 - Aug 15 by itfc48

Might be a bit out of our reach but I'd love Cameron Archer. Rumours are Villa are open to a sale albeit with a buyback clause.

Yeah, would be a great signing but with Boro losing Akpom for £11m and possibly Leeds sniffing around intjink he might be out of reach for us sadly.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The 3 New Signings on 11:44 - Aug 15 with 1730 viewsReusersTown

The 3 New Signings on 10:46 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

Hirst wasn't stalked and hounded, Ashton couldn't have overstated that anymore if he tried.

He was photographed by several different people in several different locations who just got a bit happy that he was signing and had seen on social media that this car was at the ground.

It got creepy, don't get me wrong, but he definitely wasn't followed around Town. My feeling is that Ashton was using that as a deflection because he hasn't quite got the deals over the line that he mentioned a few weeks back.

What would you call following around someone in a car then?
The 3 New Signings on 11:50 - Aug 15 with 1682 viewsKieran_Knows

The 3 New Signings on 11:44 - Aug 15 by ReusersTown

Well, you'd like to think that was just an over excited fan who had seen his car on social media at the ground and had been happening to be driving the same way as him .... rather than him actually following him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The 3 New Signings on 11:50 - Aug 15 with 1690 viewsitfcsuth

What are you on about?

Momentum and continuity is exactly what is required, and what KMc wants. This group deserves the opportunity to continue to work they did last season.

We have won football matches early on because we are a very good side, an incredibly well oiled machine and full of quality.

We have bought in two players the manager was desperate to have, and have been long term targets in Taylor & Hirst, and I am sure will add another 2 before the end of the window if the right deal is available - but we won't bring in numbers for the sake of bringing in numbers.
The 3 New Signings on 11:51 - Aug 15 with 1680 viewsGuthrum

The 3 New Signings on 10:49 - Aug 15 by LankHenners

Said yesterday it was a bit stupid of him to say that really and only looks more daft now.

Going off what has been said by people who know and putting things together, you can work out that 2 of the '2 or 3' were probably McNally who we thought was coming here but went to Stoke, and Rak-Sakyi who has been reported by Phil and other journalists to be looking very likely to come here but I imagine Leicester's interest in him in particular has made that one more difficult. If Olise leaves Palace as well they may U-turn on sending R-S out on loan.

Just hope we don't end up the same as last summer when we make a rash move for players we don't *really* need/want because we haven't been able to land the main targets.

I'm not sure we made any rash moves. Ahadme and Camara were both looked upon as decent in L1 and really more hampered by injury than lack of ability.

The former has gone back to scoring goals (as he was at Burton) now having gone to Cambridge.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The 3 New Signings on 11:55 - Aug 15 with 1643 viewsBiGDonnie

You're gonna be absolutely gutted when we're promoted a champions and your beloved naaaaridge are stuck in mid table.

You honestly have nothing better to do with your time?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The 3 New Signings on 11:55 - Aug 15 with 1643 viewsReusersTown

The 3 New Signings on 11:11 - Aug 15 by BiGDonnie

Yup. He was at FPR on Saturday.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 11:11]

As he was at PR and there was an Arsenal game that day it's clear the deal is obviously being worked on, and we're trying to get him for the lowest price possible with their being a strong indication that he wants to be here and the assumption that there aren't many suitors of our level in for him. Would be shocked at this point if he didn't end up here and also think it would be decent business on our part.
The 3 New Signings on 11:58 - Aug 15 with 1619 viewsthe_toff

The 3 New Signings on 11:51 - Aug 15 by Guthrum

I'm not sure we made any rash moves. Ahadme and Camara were both looked upon as decent in L1 and really more hampered by injury than lack of ability.

The former has gone back to scoring goals (as he was at Burton) now having gone to Cambridge.

I agree completely.

Ahadme had started like a train for Burton and was a very cheap punt on a young player that was always likely seen as one for the future. Then he got injured which is bad luck and something you can't legislate for. We still own him, he's out on loan in L1 doing the business, albeit early days. I'm still relatively happy that he was a punt worth taking, and he'll either be someone we might make a few quid on, or one we take another look at. Either way it was peanuts.

Camara is a good player in L1, the only question marks were whether we might've done more due diligence on the injury he was carrying but we don't know the ins and outs of that.

Our fans seem to think we'll have a 100% hit rate on signings. If for every Broadhead, Clarke, Hirst, Luongo we get a cheap punt that doesn't click then I'll take that all day long.
The 3 New Signings on 12:00 - Aug 15 with 1590 viewspointofblue

The 3 New Signings on 11:44 - Aug 15 by ReusersTown

Were they actually following him or just going in the same direction and spotted the car which Hirst (who thankfully seemed to find the whole thing funny) had put on social media? If they were following him, then that is ridiculous.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 12:28]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The 3 New Signings on 12:06 - Aug 15 with 1547 viewsITFCBlues

The 3 New Signings on 11:38 - Aug 15 by Guthrum

Did we only win because our opponents were not "together", or was it actually on merit? Neil's comments would seem to suggest the latter. Didn't look like Town were vastly lucky against Sunderland (they missed a couple, but so did we).

Another way to look at it is that our continuity and momentum advantages may carry us to such a good start it gives room to coast through any difficult winter period until we can reinforce in January (when players may be more willing to come, or clubs to loan, to a side which has shown it can do the business at this level).

It was 100% on merit - i've not suggested otherwise? I'm saying that we have a benefit currently that the players all know the system and what's required - as opposed to Stoke who have signed 10 players thus far. As the season goes on and sides have completed their transfer business, we'd lose this edge as all sides gain continuity etc.

That's not to say we can't continue to compete with the squad we've got, but adding 2-3 quality players would help push us on. The drop in quality from Hirst -> Ladapo for example is pretty vast.

The 3 New Signings on 12:08 - Aug 15 with 1541 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Ball isn’t going anywhere. Way too versatile to lose

Poll: Our final position

The 3 New Signings on 12:09 - Aug 15 with 1534 viewsITFCBlues

The 3 New Signings on 11:50 - Aug 15 by itfcsuth

What are you on about?

Momentum and continuity is exactly what is required, and what KMc wants. This group deserves the opportunity to continue to work they did last season.

We have won football matches early on because we are a very good side, an incredibly well oiled machine and full of quality.

We have bought in two players the manager was desperate to have, and have been long term targets in Taylor & Hirst, and I am sure will add another 2 before the end of the window if the right deal is available - but we won't bring in numbers for the sake of bringing in numbers.

I agree - i didn't suggest otherwise?

I'm saying, that currently that's an edge for us as opposed to Stoke who played like a team of 10 new signings on Saturday. We know what that's like from when Cook joined! But as the season goes on, teams will gain that continuity as well, so things will become more difficult.

We did bring in 2 players on deadline day last season, just for the sake of bringing in numbers - let's hope we don't go down that route again this summer & can get some deals done to help us keep this momentum.

The 3 New Signings on 12:13 - Aug 15 with 1507 viewsITFCBlues

The 3 New Signings on 11:51 - Aug 15 by Guthrum

These two signings were 100% "rash"

Do you really think we were tracking Ahadme all last summer & only signed him on deadline day when i'm almost certain he would've been available earlier - or was it because we failed to sign Hirst having chased him all summer & then had to find an alternative quickly & Ahadme was a handful in our game against Burton so he then came to light as an option?

Camara similarly - he clearly doesn't fit the type of style we're playing. He's a ball carrier, not particularly great with his feet. He's just had a pre-season & would appear KM doesn't feel he fits that style still so we've moved him on.

The 3 New Signings on 12:16 - Aug 15 with 1483 viewsNaylorsrightboot

The 3 New Signings on 10:38 - Aug 15 by BiGDonnie

Come on Southampton. Your boys absolutely bottled it Saturday. Loser.

Hey there Sprucey
The 3 New Signings on 12:18 - Aug 15 with 1469 viewsVegtablue

Agree with others that his "two or three at least" comments were some time ago, when he also anticipated a couple inside the fortnight that's since passed. McNally was surely one of those, funny to see him on Stoke's bench last Saturday.

Agree with you that Armstrong can't happen. His desire to stay with Southampton has been emphatic in interviews, he's starting and he's scoring goals, all before we touch on the financial issues with that deal.

Don't see us signing JRS, whom I'd love to see here. Roy's wants to keep him. If Palace manage to add sufficiently to let him go on loan then the links to Leicester appear more substantial than those to us.

We've started so well though that I hope this addresses any doubts potential signings may have had. We're in our best place yet to attract good players and at the sharp end of the window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024