Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 3 New Signings 10:23 - Aug 15 with 13399 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

So we assume Adam Armstrong for £8million is not happening, but we were told there are 3 more key signings coming. The club has managed to keep these ones closer to their chest, maybe after what happened with George Hirst being stalked and hounded that is for the best, but I am honestly at a loss to even make a guess at who it is. I would expect a centre half but no idea who! Any guesses?

On the leavers I would be on Edmundson, Edwards (a given now), Evans, Ball and even Ladapo could be a shout to be off to make room for the new three.
The 3 New Signings on 12:44 - Aug 15 with 2256 viewsLankHenners

The 3 New Signings on 11:51 - Aug 15 by Guthrum

I'm not sure we made any rash moves. Ahadme and Camara were both looked upon as decent in L1 and really more hampered by injury than lack of ability.

The former has gone back to scoring goals (as he was at Burton) now having gone to Cambridge.

Ahadme was a bit unfortunate to be injured so soon after joining but once he was fit again he was given barely 10 minutes at the end of games and was then sent off on loan rather than be integrated into the squad. He was signed after we spent all summer trying and failing to get Hirst, then had a look at Will Keane, didn't get him either before finally having to go down the list to see who else we could get on (or just before) deadline day. It was hardly a considered purchase.

Camara was carrying an injury when we signed him, had to undergo 2 surgeries and then when he was fit at the back end of last season he wasn't even picked for the bench. For the qualities he does have he never seemed to have the technical ability that McKenna wants in a CM anyway. Again it didn't really feel like a signing that had been planned out to happen all summer.

Camara won't play for us again and even if Ahadme has a barnstormer at Cambridge it'll likely only be used to get a decent fee for him to offset our own spending.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The 3 New Signings on 12:50 - Aug 15 with 2205 viewsBiGDonnie

The 3 New Signings on 12:16 - Aug 15 by Naylorsrightboot

Hey there Sprucey

Sup budgieboy. You're over Southampton's last minute equaliser then, good for you.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The 3 New Signings on 12:53 - Aug 15 with 2192 viewstractorboy1978

The 3 New Signings on 10:47 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

I hate this, just because we've had a good start, doesn't now mean everything is rosy.

We need 3 players, minimum, if we are looking to compete at the top end of this division.

Always easier to strengthen from a position of strength too. A good start to the season should help us and McKenna convince players to join.
The 3 New Signings on 12:54 - Aug 15 with 2185 viewsjayessess

I'd be interested to know what, if anything, the promising performances from Burgess, Baggott, Donacien, Luongo, Harness, Burns and Jackson so far will have done to our plans.

For sure, they'll not have put us off upgrading, but I wonder if they'll encourage us to take a few more risks and hold out for our more ambitious targets, rather than fall back on more available targets who might not be exactly what we're looking for.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 13:33]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The 3 New Signings on 13:15 - Aug 15 with 2113 viewsBseaBlue

I hate this, just because we've had a good start, doesn't now mean everything is rosy.

We need 3 players, minimum, if we are looking to compete at the top end of this division.

Don't get me wrong KK, I think we need to strengthen to stand any chance of remaining consistent. It's a demanding league campaign and we are a couple of injuries away from running into real problems.

I just wondered whether the fringe players may have altered plans whereby we focus on areas differently to where we first thought.

At this moment in time we would be in trouble if either Hirst, Wolfie or Burgess were to get injured.
The 3 New Signings on 13:29 - Aug 15 with 2049 viewsgoperryrevs

The 3 New Signings on 12:00 - Aug 15 by pointofblue

Were they actually following him or just going in the same direction and spotted the car which Hirst (who thankfully seemed to find the whole thing funny) had put on social media? If they were following him, then that is ridiculous.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 12:28]

There were the two guys that went and stood outside the hotel shouting for Hirst to come to the window / balcony. That definitely crossed into stalking, and was totally inappropriate.
The 3 New Signings on 13:30 - Aug 15 with 2036 viewsMookamoo

The 3 New Signings on 12:54 - Aug 15 by jayessess

I'd be interested to know what, if anything, the promising performances from Burgess, Baggott, Donacien, Luongo, Harness, Burns and Jackson so far will have done to our plans.

For sure, they'll not have put us off upgrading, but I wonder if they'll encourage us to take a few more risks and hold out for our more ambitious targets, rather than fall back on more available targets who might not be exactly what we're looking for.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 13:33]

If that is the case I'd expect a gap filler like Cathcart to come in to cover the CBs. We need someone this before January.

Perhaps that then gives us the room to chase down a Ronnie Edwards type who will spend 3 years at the club and get sold on for a good profit.
The 3 New Signings on 13:32 - Aug 15 with 2028 viewstractordownsouth

TJJ and Ben Davies.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

The 3 New Signings on 13:32 - Aug 15 with 2027 viewsitfcjoe

The 3 New Signings on 13:29 - Aug 15 by goperryrevs

There were the two guys that went and stood outside the hotel shouting for Hirst to come to the window / balcony. That definitely crossed into stalking, and was totally inappropriate.

They were clearly just having a laugh, and doubt you could have even heard them from the first floor rooms.

If they were stalking him they'd have sat outside there and tried to accost him when he came out rather than jokingly shout at a building

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The 3 New Signings on 13:34 - Aug 15 with 2010 viewstractordownsouth

The 3 New Signings on 10:48 - Aug 15 by itfc48

Might be a bit out of our reach but I'd love Cameron Archer. Rumours are Villa are open to a sale albeit with a buyback clause.

He'll go to one of the parachute clubs for £10m+.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The 3 New Signings on 13:48 - Aug 15 with 1908 viewsgoperryrevs

The 3 New Signings on 13:32 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

They were clearly just having a laugh, and doubt you could have even heard them from the first floor rooms.

If they were stalking him they'd have sat outside there and tried to accost him when he came out rather than jokingly shout at a building

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they thought they were just having a laugh.

For me, it clearly crossed a line. Just happening to spot a car and taking a photo is a different thing to purposely going somewhere you think someone might be and shouting for them to come out.

Hirst's partner was with him too. Drunk guys standing outside shouting at you where you're staying could well be intimidating.

Yeah, what you describe would have been much worse. Doesn't mean what they did was not appropriate too.
The 3 New Signings on 14:13 - Aug 15 with 1810 viewsITFCBlues

The 3 New Signings on 11:55 - Aug 15 by BiGDonnie

You're gonna be absolutely gutted when we're promoted a champions and your beloved naaaaridge are stuck in mid table.

You honestly have nothing better to do with your time?

Christ, that's quite a leap to make isn't it?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The 3 New Signings on 14:19 - Aug 15 with 1790 viewsStewart27

The 3 New Signings on 10:39 - Aug 15 by the_toff

In:

Tuanzebe
Rak-Sakyi (loan)
Armstrong

Out:

Edwards
Ladapo
Evans
Baggott (loan)

I would be delighted with this business, would feel like a Jan 2023 window level of upgrade. I can't see us paying anywhere near that amount for Armstrong though, perhaps we've identified another forward that we're working on.

Adam Armstrong is starting and scoring for one of the best teams in the league who have cash to burn.

I see no world in which he plays for ITFC.
The 3 New Signings on 14:30 - Aug 15 with 1741 viewsKieran_Knows

The 3 New Signings on 14:19 - Aug 15 by Stewart27

Adam Armstrong is starting and scoring for one of the best teams in the league who have cash to burn.

I see no world in which he plays for ITFC.

Martin said after their game against Shef Wed the other week that players he wants to leave will probably not leave and players he wants to keep, will probably get sold and that his squad will look alot different come the 1st September.

I doubt Town would hold their interest in him for this long had we not have had an indication he would be willing to join, should the clubs come to an agreement.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The 3 New Signings on 14:34 - Aug 15 with 1728 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I agree with the sentiment re, competing at the top end. But we don't NEED those players now, we aren't going to be down the wrong end of the table, if we don't get them, far from it.

What we do need to do is build by improving what we have slowly and surely. We've spent just over £3m in this window, if that happens under ME, we're all giddy with excitement.

Anyone coming in needs to improve what we have, and at the right fee (FFP), so we might be forced to wait. If its mid table this season, and a tilt at the top 6 next season, then so be it.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2023 14:38]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The 3 New Signings on 14:47 - Aug 15 with 1672 viewsITFCBlues

The 3 New Signings on 14:30 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

Martin said after their game against Shef Wed the other week that players he wants to leave will probably not leave and players he wants to keep, will probably get sold and that his squad will look alot different come the 1st September.

I doubt Town would hold their interest in him for this long had we not have had an indication he would be willing to join, should the clubs come to an agreement.

Are we even interested in Armstrong? I thought Phil said earlier in the window that there wasn't any interest.

The 3 New Signings on 14:50 - Aug 15 with 1645 viewsITFCBlues

The 3 New Signings on 14:34 - Aug 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

I agree with the sentiment re, competing at the top end. But we don't NEED those players now, we aren't going to be down the wrong end of the table, if we don't get them, far from it.

What we do need to do is build by improving what we have slowly and surely. We've spent just over £3m in this window, if that happens under ME, we're all giddy with excitement.

Anyone coming in needs to improve what we have, and at the right fee (FFP), so we might be forced to wait. If its mid table this season, and a tilt at the top 6 next season, then so be it.

This isn't what Ashton has said though is it? He's said that we will be having a real go at it - we're not here to make the numbers up. I'd also suggest the owners will be of the same opinion, they're not here to sit mid-table in The Championship.

If we're all being realistic, we do NEED those players if we're realistic with our ambitions of competing for the top 6.

The 3 New Signings on 15:02 - Aug 15 with 1602 viewsBiGDonnie

The 3 New Signings on 14:13 - Aug 15 by ITFCBlues

Christ, that's quite a leap to make isn't it?

Still not denying you're a budgie. Interesting.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The 3 New Signings on 15:05 - Aug 15 with 1585 viewsMookamoo

The 3 New Signings on 14:34 - Aug 15 by Cheltenham_Blue

3 million is no small amount of spending. Looking at what people spent last year, that is about average bearing in mind we've had no outgoing fees. We might get a bit for Edwards.

We must be looking at Sunderland and their level of spending vs league position. I think I read somewhere they spent 6 million when they came up, but they did have some older players to replace. We have a young squad.
The 3 New Signings on 15:07 - Aug 15 with 1582 viewsbraveblue

The 3 New Signings on 10:29 - Aug 15 by TRUE_BLUE123

Think Ashtons mouth might have got the better of him. I think he probably wants a few more, but we might not get 3. But if we do;

I think Rak Sakyi is going to come here, which excites me a lot.

Then i think we will get a left sided defender on loan.

And maybe John Jules late in the window to be that versatile striker/3 behind player. I'm a big fan, I think if you keep him fit he is more than capable of playing at this level. And without the pressure of him being the main man, he could excel imo.

But strong. Ashton has worked wonders since he got here. He gave an opinion. Sometimes deals do not work out.
The 3 New Signings on 15:16 - Aug 15 with 1530 viewshunty21

The 3 New Signings on 10:46 - Aug 15 by Kieran_Knows

Hirst wasn't stalked and hounded, Ashton couldn't have overstated that anymore if he tried.

He was photographed by several different people in several different locations who just got a bit happy that he was signing and had seen on social media that this car was at the ground.

It got creepy, don't get me wrong, but he definitely wasn't followed around Town. My feeling is that Ashton was using that as a deflection because he hasn't quite got the deals over the line that he mentioned a few weeks back.

If following his car and recording it is t stalking a person i dont no what is ,
The 3 New Signings on 15:18 - Aug 15 with 1516 viewsKieran_Knows

The 3 New Signings on 15:16 - Aug 15 by hunty21

If following his car and recording it is t stalking a person i dont no what is ,

But was he 'following' his car out of Town, or was he simply just driving behind it going in the same direction and then started to record because he'd seen that his car was at the ground on social media.

That's 2 completely different things.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The 3 New Signings on 18:49 - Aug 15 with 1286 viewsMatt_Netherlands

The 3 New Signings on 15:05 - Aug 15 by Mookamoo

3 million is no small amount of spending. Looking at what people spent last year, that is about average bearing in mind we've had no outgoing fees. We might get a bit for Edwards.

We must be looking at Sunderland and their level of spending vs league position. I think I read somewhere they spent 6 million when they came up, but they did have some older players to replace. We have a young squad.

I like Edwards but we’ll be lucky to get £300k for him.
The 3 New Signings on 19:28 - Aug 15 with 1209 viewsWhos_blue

The 3 New Signings on 12:09 - Aug 15 by ITFCBlues

I agree - i didn't suggest otherwise?

I'm saying, that currently that's an edge for us as opposed to Stoke who played like a team of 10 new signings on Saturday. We know what that's like from when Cook joined! But as the season goes on, teams will gain that continuity as well, so things will become more difficult.

We did bring in 2 players on deadline day last season, just for the sake of bringing in numbers - let's hope we don't go down that route again this summer & can get some deals done to help us keep this momentum.

"We did bring in 2 players on deadline day last season, just for the sake of bringing in numbers".

Eh?

That's quite the take.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

The 3 New Signings on 22:04 - Aug 15 with 1099 viewsquad

The 3 New Signings on 11:40 - Aug 15 by ReusersTown

I'll be honest Evans as a replacement for Morsy at this level terrifies me, he's just too slow particularly in defense and think we would have to go with Ball.

Surely if a replacement were needed for either Morsy or Luongo it would be Taylor? And Evans and Ball would both be down the pecking order? Meaning neither would be likely to start many games?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024