Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season 12:18 - Aug 24 with 3564 viewsIP1Blue

Not agreeing to reciprocal away ticket pricing.

We will now be charged £40 because we won’t agree to reciprocal away ticket pricing. Happened to Leeds (who said in a statement we didn’t agree to it) and now Sheffield Wednesday which clearly shows we are the common dominator.

I feel this is greedy from the club, I understand that they want to gain extra revenue however this comes to the fans expense as result which I don’t think is right as now a family of 4 will be spending £100 on tickets alone.

This isn’t right, it’s just greedy.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:16 - Aug 24 with 722 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:38 - Aug 24 by textbackup

How is it lazy?

They have a million things to deal with on a daily basis, fans wanting a cheaper ticket really falls on if the fan actually wants to spend that much or not.

Of course it's lazy, and misses the point. People know they can choose not to go if they don't fancy the price, no-one needed you to say that. The point is, are ordinary people being priced out of supporting their team now we've gone up a level and are you comfortable with that? I'd say it's heading that way, and that's a real shame. £47 for a game is obscene.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:16 - Aug 24 with 724 viewstextbackup

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:12 - Aug 24 by Illinoisblue

Is charging away fans 47 quid for Division 2 football. There, fixed it for you.

Exactly, but easier to blame MA for some weird reason

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:19 - Aug 24 with 713 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:50 - Aug 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Lazy comparison that Sitters. Premier League clubs are all subsidised by a spunk load of broadcast money, if anyone can afford to subsidise away fans, Premier League clubs can.

It isn't 'greed' as the OP suggests, MA isn't lining his own pockets with it, its keeping us the right side of FFP, the EFL won't 'let us off' because we had reciprocal pricing.

Not to forget we sell out our away allocation every time, if the OP doesn't want to take up his away tickets, someone will.

Supply and demand innit.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 12:51]

Of course you're right, it is supply and demand, but are you happy with ordinary supporters being priced out of football?

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:22 - Aug 24 with 690 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:16 - Aug 24 by textbackup

Exactly, but easier to blame MA for some weird reason

Did you miss the bit where Leeds offered reciprocal away ticket pricing but we turned it down?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:26 - Aug 24 with 671 viewsCheltenham_Blue

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:19 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Of course you're right, it is supply and demand, but are you happy with ordinary supporters being priced out of football?

Of course not, but we’ve got to make our minds up.

We can’t be demanding signings if we want lower priced tickets.
We can’t expect a squad capable of competing if we want lower priced tickets.

If we want all the above boxes ticked, we should be campaigning for a fairer share of broadcast money, not expecting the club to subsidise fans.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:26 - Aug 24 with 669 viewsStu_Magoo

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:22 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Did you miss the bit where Leeds offered reciprocal away ticket pricing but we turned it down?

Is a bit like having to bribe Leeds so their ticket pricing isn't a joke though.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:29 - Aug 24 with 653 viewsVic

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:31 - Aug 24 by IP1Blue

Such a lazy thing to say.

The club could of done something that makes it cheaper for fans to go to games, which they have done before, but have chosen not to.

As a result, you can pretty much guarantee every adult away ticket will be at £35/£40 in the league.

It’s greed.

Greed suggests that those making the decision will benefit in some way. In this case it is the club being run as a business to maximise income so they can invest and improve.

In this sense it's where the rubber hit's the road and we become 'customers' again. It's a shame, but they are only doing what we all want them to do - giving themselves space to make incremental improvements. It's business .

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:33 - Aug 24 with 634 viewsChurchman

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:37 - Aug 24 by LankHenners

It takes a brave person to say something mildly negative about Ashton on here these days.

(I agree btw, although I assume the reason for not agreeing is because of the 'away fans must be charged the same as a home fan in the same/similar area' rule, and it would mean Leeds fans get a cheaper ticket than all the other away fans.)

No it doesn’t take a brave person to challenge Ashton or anyone at the club on anything. The supporters are the club.

I believe he’s done a good job overall, but if I think something is not right and it’s of interest to me I’ll happily challenge him or anyone else, face to face or otherwise. Unless people do question them sometimes, how can they ever improve?

Ticket pricing is clearly an area that across football looks a mess and if something we are doing looks wrong, it’s right to challenge him or whoever else is responsible on it. Pricing, like priority points, memberships etc is clearly something that needs working on, particularly given ITFCs change of circumstances and these financially straightened times for people.

I’ve not communicated with the club about anything since Sheepshanks’ days (he was very pleasant, as it goes), but I get the impression they are far more open to communication than the days of dementor Evans.
Login to get fewer ads

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 609 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:26 - Aug 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Of course not, but we’ve got to make our minds up.

We can’t be demanding signings if we want lower priced tickets.
We can’t expect a squad capable of competing if we want lower priced tickets.

If we want all the above boxes ticked, we should be campaigning for a fairer share of broadcast money, not expecting the club to subsidise fans.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have fairer pricing but also bring in revenue for players. There's a middle ground.

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:50 - Aug 24 with 603 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:26 - Aug 24 by Stu_Magoo

Is a bit like having to bribe Leeds so their ticket pricing isn't a joke though.

You could look at it that way, of course. But they offered the deal and we turned it down. They're not going to drop their price for our fans to a lower amount than we charge theirs are they?

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:58 - Aug 24 with 588 viewsDanny_G

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:50 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

You could look at it that way, of course. But they offered the deal and we turned it down. They're not going to drop their price for our fans to a lower amount than we charge theirs are they?

They don't need to. They could simply charge our fans the same as we're charging theirs and we'd all be happy. But instead, Leeds feel they have some right to dictate to other clubs what the price should be. I'm not happy that Town didn't agree to it, but ultimately there's no reason why they should be blackmailed by Leeds into giving Leeds fans a discount.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 14:00 - Aug 24 with 573 viewsCheltenham_Blue

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:48 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

The two aren't mutually exclusive. You can have fairer pricing but also bring in revenue for players. There's a middle ground.

Maybe, maybe not.
But giving me a down arrow for it seems a tad excessive.

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 14:11 - Aug 24 with 527 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 14:00 - Aug 24 by Cheltenham_Blue

Maybe, maybe not.
But giving me a down arrow for it seems a tad excessive.

I just didn't agree with you, hence the downarrow. I'm amazed a seasoned TWTDer like yourself finds a downarrow excessive!

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 14:31 - Aug 24 with 500 viewsCheltenham_Blue

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 14:11 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

I just didn't agree with you, hence the downarrow. I'm amazed a seasoned TWTDer like yourself finds a downarrow excessive!

Maybe it's because I reserve my down arrows for the obviously thick comments?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 14:47 - Aug 24 with 454 viewsMeadowlark

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:31 - Aug 24 by IP1Blue

Such a lazy thing to say.

The club could of done something that makes it cheaper for fans to go to games, which they have done before, but have chosen not to.

As a result, you can pretty much guarantee every adult away ticket will be at £35/£40 in the league.

It’s greed.

Could have
One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 14:54 - Aug 24 with 440 viewstextbackup

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:22 - Aug 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

I must have done.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 14:55 - Aug 24 with 439 viewsArnieM

Wonder if Town want “ away” fans to watch via TownTV, thus giving Town the revenue from their own fans?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 15:00 - Aug 24 with 418 viewsxrayspecs

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:42 - Aug 24 by IP1Blue

I also think people are forgetting about the £30 cap in the premier league. We will now pay more for a championship game than a premier league game! How is that right?

If we are bound by rules that we are not allowed to do that then I understand however it didn’t stop us before unless there has been rule change since then?

Because the Prem TV monies is 10-20 what we get, so easier to afford.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 15:02 - Aug 24 with 410 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think he's got it massively wrong. This is a two way street. If we want good signings and progress we are going to have to contribute. The main investment is obviously coming via the owners but it's no surprise that income is going to need to be maximised, especially when balancing ambition with FFP.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024