Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? 13:48 - Aug 24 with 1720 viewschenners17

Fab Romano tweeting it’s with an option to buy clause but no mentioned anywhere else?
Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 13:50 - Aug 24 with 1678 viewsvilanovablue

Being reported in the EADT that it is just a straight loan and we haven't included an option to buy. Given he is out of contract at the end of the season I wonder if we think we'll get him on a free.
Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:13 - Aug 24 with 1510 viewsPhilTWTD

No option to buy.
Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:15 - Aug 24 with 1481 viewshoppy

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:13 - Aug 24 by PhilTWTD

No option to buy.

I guess there'd be no need, if he's out of contract at the end of the season he's on loan with us, he could just sign a contract if we offered him one?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:21 - Aug 24 with 1384 viewsReusersTown

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 13:50 - Aug 24 by vilanovablue

Being reported in the EADT that it is just a straight loan and we haven't included an option to buy. Given he is out of contract at the end of the season I wonder if we think we'll get him on a free.

To me that would look like the case, as he has an extension clause but there's no way Man Utd are going to activate that with his current reported wage.
Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:23 - Aug 24 with 1333 viewsKentish_Tractor

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:15 - Aug 24 by hoppy

I guess there'd be no need, if he's out of contract at the end of the season he's on loan with us, he could just sign a contract if we offered him one?

Or if he does really well I expect we will probably just offer a nominal fee in January to try and secure him permanently and stop him being tempted elsewhere at end of the season.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:23 - Aug 24 with 1327 viewsNutkins_Return

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:21 - Aug 24 by ReusersTown

To me that would look like the case, as he has an extension clause but there's no way Man Utd are going to activate that with his current reported wage.

They will definitely extend it if he has a fantastic season and they can get £4-5 million for him. (Or even a half decent one where he's worth £1-3 million.
Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:26 - Aug 24 with 1261 viewsjayessess

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:23 - Aug 24 by Nutkins_Return

They will definitely extend it if he has a fantastic season and they can get £4-5 million for him. (Or even a half decent one where he's worth £1-3 million.

If he's in the £65k wage bracket as some have suggested then that year of contract has them on the hook for upwards of £3.5m. Probably not worth renewing for the lower end of those values (but probably is for the upper end).

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:31 - Aug 24 with 1192 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:26 - Aug 24 by jayessess

If he's in the £65k wage bracket as some have suggested then that year of contract has them on the hook for upwards of £3.5m. Probably not worth renewing for the lower end of those values (but probably is for the upper end).

Precisely. I guess he got a huge pay uplift when 2-3 years ago he looked like he would make the grade at Utd. But the last 2 years, he hasn't so they would not want to extend the deal for another year and be on the hook for £3.5M, and his wages would then make it much ore difficult to sell him. I think we will have agreed to pay a % of his wages, probably around 30%, and then at the end of the season he is on a Bosman, so all parties re-evaluate where we are.

Poll: would you rather

Login to get fewer ads

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:36 - Aug 24 with 1149 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:15 - Aug 24 by hoppy

Man U have an option for a further season. I'd guess that any interest in agreeing an option might have come from our angle, trying to secure a price based on his current value rather than next summer if he rips up trees while here.
Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:38 - Aug 24 with 1067 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Phil - is it a straight loan or option to buy as conflicting info? on 14:26 - Aug 24 by jayessess

Precisely. I guess he got a huge pay uplift when 2-3 years ago he looked like he would make the grade at Utd. But the last 2 years, he hasn't so they would not want to extend the deal for another year and be on the hook for £3.5M, and his wages would then make it much ore difficult to sell him. I think we will have agreed to pay a % of his wages, probably around 30%, and then at the end of the season he is on a Bosman, so all parties re-evaluate where we are.

Poll: would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024