Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season 12:18 - Aug 24 with 3521 viewsIP1Blue

Not agreeing to reciprocal away ticket pricing.

We will now be charged £40 because we won’t agree to reciprocal away ticket pricing. Happened to Leeds (who said in a statement we didn’t agree to it) and now Sheffield Wednesday which clearly shows we are the common dominator.

I feel this is greedy from the club, I understand that they want to gain extra revenue however this comes to the fans expense as result which I don’t think is right as now a family of 4 will be spending £100 on tickets alone.

This isn’t right, it’s just greedy.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:21 - Aug 24 with 2725 viewsxrayspecs

How is that Town's fault? Leeds and Sheff W have much higher ticket prices than us, no?

I thought our away fans prices are similar to most other clubs
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:24 - Aug 24 with 2694 viewsSitfcB

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:21 - Aug 24 by xrayspecs

How is that Town's fault? Leeds and Sheff W have much higher ticket prices than us, no?

Because ITFC could’ve said to Leeds we’ll charge you £25 so that our fans get charged £25 when we go there.

Leeds away will be £47 an adult I think, unless the charge the same as we charged them, £32.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:24 - Aug 24 with 2695 viewsIP1Blue

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:21 - Aug 24 by xrayspecs

Leeds offered Ipswich cheaper ticket prices for Ipswich fans at Elland road in exchange for cheaper prices at Portman Road.

The club refused that offer.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:28 - Aug 24 with 2634 viewsWeekender

You don't have to go. No one is entitled to a ticket at a price they deem reasonable.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:31 - Aug 24 with 2561 viewsIP1Blue

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:28 - Aug 24 by Weekender

You don't have to go. No one is entitled to a ticket at a price they deem reasonable.

Such a lazy thing to say.

The club could of done something that makes it cheaper for fans to go to games, which they have done before, but have chosen not to.

As a result, you can pretty much guarantee every adult away ticket will be at £35/£40 in the league.

It’s greed.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:33 - Aug 24 with 2514 viewsGiant_Midget

Have Weds ticket details been confirmed? Cant find anything through the official site etc.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:33 - Aug 24 with 2507 viewsxrayspecs

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:24 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

Because ITFC could’ve said to Leeds we’ll charge you £25 so that our fans get charged £25 when we go there.

Leeds away will be £47 an adult I think, unless the charge the same as we charged them, £32.

Selling cheap tickets to away fans (Leeds charged Cardiff fans £21 as a reciprocal arrangement in return for the same price in the reverse fixture) is not fair on home fans sitting in the same stand who are paying the normal price (around £30 for Town home games).

Why do LUFC and SW feel the need to charge £47 for a ticket in the first place rather than the same price as Town?
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:35 - Aug 24 with 2450 viewstractorboy1978

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:31 - Aug 24 by IP1Blue

The club could of done something that makes it cheaper for fans to go to games, which they have done before, but have chosen not to.

As a result, you can pretty much guarantee every adult away ticket will be at £35/£40 in the league.

It’s greed.

Or it is running a business?

Assume £10 reduction x average away end of 2k x 23 games = £460k revenue into the pot for FFP.
Login to get fewer ads

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:36 - Aug 24 with 2437 viewshomer_123

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:31 - Aug 24 by IP1Blue

It’s greed.

It’s greed.

Well, I don't think that is entirely true....the Club has to generate decent income doesn't it? I mean, unless we don't want to take the next step?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:36 - Aug 24 with 2432 viewstextbackup

Just don’t go if you don’t want to pay that price

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:37 - Aug 24 with 2423 viewsLankHenners

It takes a brave person to say something mildly negative about Ashton on here these days.

(I agree btw, although I assume the reason for not agreeing is because of the 'away fans must be charged the same as a home fan in the same/similar area' rule, and it would mean Leeds fans get a cheaper ticket than all the other away fans.)

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:37 - Aug 24 with 2406 viewsSheffordBlue

It’s greed.

The alternative view to 'greed' is that we're skirting the edges of FFP and every penny will count if we want to be competitive with teams receiving parachute payments. If we were to do reciprocal deals with every club in the League we're going to dropping between £300-400k revenue over the course of the season - that's not insignificant.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 12:41]

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:38 - Aug 24 with 2363 viewstextbackup

It’s greed.

How is it lazy?

They have a million things to deal with on a daily basis, fans wanting a cheaper ticket really falls on if the fan actually wants to spend that much or not.

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:40 - Aug 24 with 2313 viewsSitfcB

It’s greed.

It was only Leeds that offered some sort of deal wasn’t it?

The average price is going to be between £28-£35 I reckon.

Sunderland was £32
QPR was £37.

It’s the bloody £1.50 booking fee that annoys me, £7.50 just on fee’s for the Reading tickets I got earlier.

The club might like a bit of nice PR and subsidies the tickets for Leeds away

COYB

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 2284 viewsIP1Blue

I also think people are forgetting about the £30 cap in the premier league. We will now pay more for a championship game than a premier league game! How is that right?

If we are bound by rules that we are not allowed to do that then I understand however it didn’t stop us before unless there has been rule change since then?
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 2264 viewsSheffordBlue

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:40 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

Sunderland was £32
QPR was £37.

It’s the bloody £1.50 booking fee that annoys me, £7.50 just on fee’s for the Reading tickets I got earlier.

How long left on the SeakGeek contract? The £1.50 booking fee is down to that isn't it?

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:43 - Aug 24 with 2252 viewsSitfcB

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:33 - Aug 24 by xrayspecs

Selling cheap tickets to away fans (Leeds charged Cardiff fans £21 as a reciprocal arrangement in return for the same price in the reverse fixture) is not fair on home fans sitting in the same stand who are paying the normal price (around £30 for Town home games).

Why do LUFC and SW feel the need to charge £47 for a ticket in the first place rather than the same price as Town?

On the first point that would’ve bother me as a home fan, away fans should get cheaper tickets imo.

The EFL should implement a £20/£25 cap for away fans.

The Premier League have had a £30 cap for years.

They might still end up charging us the same as we did them, who knows.

COYB

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:44 - Aug 24 with 2208 viewstextbackup

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:40 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

Sunderland was £32
QPR was £37.

£1.50 booking
Plus £1.75 to post them out…

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:45 - Aug 24 with 2200 viewsSitfcB

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:42 - Aug 24 by SheffordBlue

How long left on the SeakGeek contract? The £1.50 booking fee is down to that isn't it?

Yes, which was kind of offset by getting the teamcard points so wasn’t that bad (as discussed yesterday)

‘Multi year partnership’

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/april/town-in-new-partnership-with-seatgeek/

COYB

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 2185 viewsSitfcB

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:44 - Aug 24 by textbackup

£1.50 booking
Plus £1.75 to post them out…

Postage was free for years as well!

I paid two lots of postage for Sunderland, they ended up sending them in one envelope, stamped at 90p!

Cor blass me whatta con buh.

COYB

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:50 - Aug 24 with 2095 viewsCheltenham_Blue

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:43 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

On the first point that would’ve bother me as a home fan, away fans should get cheaper tickets imo.

The EFL should implement a £20/£25 cap for away fans.

The Premier League have had a £30 cap for years.

They might still end up charging us the same as we did them, who knows.

Lazy comparison that Sitters. Premier League clubs are all subsidised by a spunk load of broadcast money, if anyone can afford to subsidise away fans, Premier League clubs can.

It isn't 'greed' as the OP suggests, MA isn't lining his own pockets with it, its keeping us the right side of FFP, the EFL won't 'let us off' because we had reciprocal pricing.

Not to forget we sell out our away allocation every time, if the OP doesn't want to take up his away tickets, someone will.

Supply and demand innit.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 12:51]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:53 - Aug 24 with 2074 viewsSwansea_Blue

Price is going to be the least of our worries for a lot of us who can’t get tickets. Where we’re all these people when we were 💩 eh?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:58 - Aug 24 with 1999 viewsEastTownBlue

One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 12:42 - Aug 24 by IP1Blue

I also think people are forgetting about the £30 cap in the premier league. We will now pay more for a championship game than a premier league game! How is that right?

If we are bound by rules that we are not allowed to do that then I understand however it didn’t stop us before unless there has been rule change since then?

Presumably because the EFL clubs are more reliant on ticket receipts than the PL clubs with their massive TV deals.
One thing Ashton has got massively wrong this season on 13:06 - Aug 24 with 1897 viewsWhos_blue

I just don't understand the use of hyperbolic phrases such as "massively wrong". It just seems so out of kilter with the general air of positivity around the club right now.
I'm not suggesting MA is above criticism, but when he has hardly put a step out of place, since he's been with us, "massively wrong" feels like an over reaction.
On the face of it, the OP may have a valid point, but could the tone be softened to match the overall feeling around the place?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

One thing Leeds have got wrong this season on 13:12 - Aug 24 with 1820 viewsIllinoisblue

Is charging away fans 47 quid for Division 2 football. There, fixed it for you.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024