Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronnie Edwards 08:53 - Sep 7 with 2528 viewsExiled2Surrey

Darragh McAnthony on Hard Talk podcast flagging that a mystery Championship side nearly got him in the last couple of hours of the window having made several bids after West Ham messed them around and Southampton showed a bit of interest - I wonder who that was…. He is suggesting that the move may still happen in January.
Ronnie Edwards on 09:00 - Sep 7 with 2431 viewsBigCommon

Not like DM not to name names?... Sounds like he's trying to keep that one alive, in his "McAnthony" way, imo.
Ronnie Edwards on 09:06 - Sep 7 with 2371 viewsitfcjoe

Swansea

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ronnie Edwards on 09:25 - Sep 7 with 2223 viewsHighgateBlue

If it's not us (and it may very well not be us), it may be that come January we're a more attractive proposition than the mystery club, on account of league position.

Thus far, any parachute club could blow us out of the water for a player (barring any special relationship already built up with KMac from yesteryear). However, once we approach the business end, a solid league position may just start to outweigh those extra pennies.

A lot of water to pass under the bridge, mind. Either way, it's positive that we've had the confidence to stick to our guns and not make rash signings for the sake of it (Ahadme and Camara have been used as shorthand for such an approach, although you never know, they may still come good or goodish).
Ronnie Edwards on 10:24 - Sep 7 with 1966 viewsKeno

McAnthony does come across as a bit of a pimp doesnt him

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ronnie Edwards on 11:19 - Sep 7 with 1750 viewsWickets

Ronnie Edwards on 10:24 - Sep 7 by Keno

McAnthony does come across as a bit of a pimp doesnt him

Not for me just doing the best he can for his club .
Ronnie Edwards on 11:28 - Sep 7 with 1697 viewsKeno

Ronnie Edwards on 11:19 - Sep 7 by Wickets

Not for me just doing the best he can for his club .

His club or his bank balance?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ronnie Edwards on 11:35 - Sep 7 with 1641 viewsExiled2Surrey

Ronnie Edwards on 09:25 - Sep 7 by HighgateBlue

If it's not us (and it may very well not be us), it may be that come January we're a more attractive proposition than the mystery club, on account of league position.

Thus far, any parachute club could blow us out of the water for a player (barring any special relationship already built up with KMac from yesteryear). However, once we approach the business end, a solid league position may just start to outweigh those extra pennies.

A lot of water to pass under the bridge, mind. Either way, it's positive that we've had the confidence to stick to our guns and not make rash signings for the sake of it (Ahadme and Camara have been used as shorthand for such an approach, although you never know, they may still come good or goodish).

Joe is more ITK than me, so sounds like it was not us - I was putting 2 and 2 together. But I think you are right that a strong first half will make these deals much more attractive for the players concerned. Now whether that sways the selling club is another thing. IF you believe DM then the needs of the player he is selling is a huge factor for him as a seller - that is where his chat becomes a bit less credible...
Ronnie Edwards on 12:44 - Sep 7 with 1448 viewsitfcjoe

Ronnie Edwards on 11:35 - Sep 7 by Exiled2Surrey

Joe is more ITK than me, so sounds like it was not us - I was putting 2 and 2 together. But I think you are right that a strong first half will make these deals much more attractive for the players concerned. Now whether that sways the selling club is another thing. IF you believe DM then the needs of the player he is selling is a huge factor for him as a seller - that is where his chat becomes a bit less credible...

Sorry I wasn't trying to be ITK, think the interest was reported fairly widely

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/deals-swansea-city-co

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Ronnie Edwards on 12:53 - Sep 7 with 1385 viewsExiled2Surrey

Ronnie Edwards on 12:44 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

Sorry I wasn't trying to be ITK, think the interest was reported fairly widely

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/deals-swansea-city-co

It wasn't meant in a derogatory sense - it took me a while to understand what LOL meant as well....
Ronnie Edwards on 16:28 - Sep 7 with 970 viewsbournemouthblue

Would the Budgies have been interested having just sold one of their defenders?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ronnie Edwards on 16:35 - Sep 7 with 937 viewsWickets

Ronnie Edwards on 11:28 - Sep 7 by Keno

His club or his bank balance?

His club not sure that anyone is making large amounts of money in league 1 .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024