Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? 10:36 - Sep 7 with 5976 viewshatch

Trying to arrange social events that weekend and therefore saying to friends I'm available on the Saturday. How close to 100% confident are we that the game will be moved to the Sunday. In all my time supporting Ipswich I don't think I've ever know the game NOT to be a Sunday? I'm guessing Suffolk Police will mandate it?
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 14:26 - Sep 7 with 1599 viewstractor_lady

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:02 - Sep 7 by Lion

It will be a Sunday mate, always is. Police need to get their overtime in!

except quite often rather than getting overtime they have rest days cancelled meaning they get no extra money and whatever they may have planned that day is no longer..
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 14:50 - Sep 7 with 1549 viewsellaandred

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:04 - Sep 7 by longtimefan

That 8:13 evening kick-off one was a funny start time

Corrected :-)
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 15:14 - Sep 7 with 1530 viewsStewart27

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:13 - Sep 7 by textbackup

Police can, and have, put their feelings forward.

However, sky will dictate.

If they want a 12:00 on the sat or sun then it’ll move, same for if they want 5:30pm on the Saturday, or 19:45 Friday night.

That’s from a pretty decent source.

Move your plan to another weekend to be on the safe side.

That it’s not been moved already tells me we are in the hands of sky and what slot they want

I remember the Friday night Tarricco/Mason game.

TWTD.
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 15:21 - Sep 7 with 1517 viewsFreddies_Ears

It is 50/50 Sat or Sun midday ish ko. Best not make plans until much nearer the tme.
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 15:26 - Sep 7 with 1506 viewstextbackup

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:32 - Sep 7 by gainsboroughblue

Would've been a lot more troublesome had Norwich ventured beyond getting to Cardinal Park at teatime.

As it was, it was largely a big lads day out drinking in the sunshine. I was in a state of part drunk/part heat stroke.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2023 13:33]

Had it been us up there it would have been mayhem.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 01:10 - Sep 8 with 1368 viewsBrads

The Police can’t technically demand or stop a kick off time. The national Police lead for football was explaining it on ‘The Price of Football’ podcast that went out last week. The certifying authority to allow an event to go ahead is a local safety advisory group that advise the local authority, who issue the certificate. That said, there won’t be any objections to the kick off time being changed. The last one at Portman Road was on a Saturday though.

There’s also still a leave embargo for cops on both days of the derby week end, which was put in place on the morning the fixtures came out. I know some season ticket holders who couldn’t get their leave requests in quickly enough and are gutted. Hopefully it’ll be relaxed nearer the time but doubtful as still minimum staffing level rules for the county.

Tbf as well with those on about overtime as if they all benefit - not always. Even for some recent games that weren’t high risk, some had their rest day cancelled and were made to work the game, including some who aren’t usually in uniform roles. Others are drafted in from other forces on mutual aid for some games.

It’s not just the punters that think it’s OTT on resourcing for certain games but at least it’s safe for everyone and there aren’t the issues that were happening at the start of last season. The club are keen for there to be the presence to protect the family image and are obviously contributing more financially.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 1:51]
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 08:37 - Sep 8 with 1260 viewsBluespeed225

I think only the Mathis hatrick game has been at 3pm on a Saturday in the past.
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:54 - Sep 8 with 1191 viewslizzibee

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 10:41 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

Saturday or Sunday lunchtime is most likely, probably the Sunday I would expect. With enormous amounts of overtime being claimed from the over the top policing.

I had to rebook tickets for Suede that weekend after their Brixton gig was cancelled earlier in the year, had a choice of Friday, Saturday or Sunday night at the Electric Ballroom. I went for Friday as the last likely time given the policing.

suspect lunchtime on either to try and restrict people going to pubs as far as possible before the game. Give the OTT policing for Leeds, I'm expecting horses and full on riot gear with huge amounts of overtime being paid
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:56 - Sep 8 with 1188 viewslizzibee

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 11:26 - Sep 7 by rodney76

Question.

Does social media, and sites like this and the Pinky add to aggressive behaviour or do they serve to release aggression making these events less volatile?

It will be volatile regardless of these sites. Give en how long ago we last played and the increase in violence nationally I expect some trouble
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 15:04 - Sep 8 with 1103 viewsLion

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 14:26 - Sep 7 by tractor_lady

except quite often rather than getting overtime they have rest days cancelled meaning they get no extra money and whatever they may have planned that day is no longer..

I didn't know that tractor lady. Oh well....
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 15:05]

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 17:21 - Sep 8 with 1031 viewstivo

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 01:10 - Sep 8 by Brads

The Police can’t technically demand or stop a kick off time. The national Police lead for football was explaining it on ‘The Price of Football’ podcast that went out last week. The certifying authority to allow an event to go ahead is a local safety advisory group that advise the local authority, who issue the certificate. That said, there won’t be any objections to the kick off time being changed. The last one at Portman Road was on a Saturday though.

There’s also still a leave embargo for cops on both days of the derby week end, which was put in place on the morning the fixtures came out. I know some season ticket holders who couldn’t get their leave requests in quickly enough and are gutted. Hopefully it’ll be relaxed nearer the time but doubtful as still minimum staffing level rules for the county.

Tbf as well with those on about overtime as if they all benefit - not always. Even for some recent games that weren’t high risk, some had their rest day cancelled and were made to work the game, including some who aren’t usually in uniform roles. Others are drafted in from other forces on mutual aid for some games.

It’s not just the punters that think it’s OTT on resourcing for certain games but at least it’s safe for everyone and there aren’t the issues that were happening at the start of last season. The club are keen for there to be the presence to protect the family image and are obviously contributing more financially.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2023 1:51]

I think the OTT 'ness of it all actually creates unsafety.

I remember going to Norwich away mid 00's, before the game everyone was walking from the station to the ground, no bubble, just police in small groups every 50m or so watching and there were no issues people just having a sing song.

Get to the ground and police create a bubble and boom, flashpoint as people get some bravado and start giving it.
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 18:09 - Sep 8 with 1008 viewsstonojnr

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 12:37 - Sep 7 by USA

A friend of mine who is in the Police told me some around a month ago that it will definitely be Sunday lunchtime and it’s already been decided. I do admit that makes it odd not to have been announced if that was the case.

Given its proximity to Christmas it should be cleared up soon as people do have a lot of other things to plan around that time. (Or get told they must attend! 🙄)

They're just waiting for Sky to announce the games for that month as it's no doubt a cost based decision that Sky end up paying for instead of the club due to the extra policing requirements

It's not going to be 3pm on a Saturday just before Christmas
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 22:40 - Sep 8 with 947 viewsStewart27

Wasn’t 12pm sunday a regular sky KO time back then?

It isn’t now.
Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 07:02 - Sep 9 with 885 viewsPioneerBlue

Not 100% confident it will be Sunday because could be later Saturday or late Friday. Sunday seems
to have been a popular move by authorities in years gone by but it’s the least preferred in terms of football spectacle for me.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 12:32 - Sep 9 with 786 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 07:02 - Sep 9 by PioneerBlue

Not 100% confident it will be Sunday because could be later Saturday or late Friday. Sunday seems
to have been a popular move by authorities in years gone by but it’s the least preferred in terms of football spectacle for me.

I’m not sure whether Sky would trump the police in terms of priority, but the Police will be extremely anti any evening ko.

Poll: Our final position

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 12:33 - Sep 9 with 785 viewsgainsboroughblue

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 07:02 - Sep 9 by PioneerBlue

I'd be absolutely amazed if any Ipswich/Norwich game was made a Friday night.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Norwich (H) - how confident of it being moved to Sunday? on 13:10 - Sep 9 with 766 viewsyesjohn99

Sky due to announce TV fixtures for dec 16th by Nov 10th. Suffolk police pushing all the way for Sunday midday but sky have a major major say these days. They may agree with the police force but ultimately don’t have to.

If police had final say game would already have been announced.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024