Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here you are Keiran 23:52 - Sep 30 with 5993 viewsnorfsufblue

Pin this up on the dressing room wall.... particularly on 16th December!..

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23820495.will-jennings-message-ipswich
Here you are Keiran on 00:03 - Oct 1 with 5235 viewsWhos_blue

Hard to know what to make of that.
I haven't met a single fan that is either smug or doesn't appreciate Norwich have had the upper hand on us for a decade.
Probably best just ignored.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Here you are Keiran on 00:19 - Oct 1 with 5165 viewsStewart27

Read this earlier.

Basically saying we’re great. But hoping/assuming we slip up.

He did forget to mention that they are inbred, play in yellow and green and never won a trophy. 15 years of success and nothing to show for it.
Here you are Keiran on 02:08 - Oct 1 with 4923 viewscharlie1

You have to feel sorry for them.

We gave them a 15 year head-start under Evans, and they managed to achieve mid-Champ mediocrity.
Our league position is now higher than theirs so once we beat them, for the first time in about 78 years isn’t it, the sole reason for the existence of their club ceases to be.

It must really smart that we are now getting national recognition while they will always be irrelevant outside Norfolk.
Here you are Keiran on 02:32 - Oct 1 with 4877 viewsBondiBlue

An article that's basically saying "i really hope they start losing soon". Love to see it. Thank you to the Pink 'Un for publishing something so desperate and pathetic.

This was my favourite bit:

"Let's not forget, this is a club that loves harping on about history - but will conveniently omit the last decade-plus and an unequivocal, unforgettable, epoch of Norwich City dominance."

I am personally very happy to include norwich's unequivocal and unforgettable epoch of dominance in any comparison of our histories because norwich didn't manage to achieve anything apart from a couple of fairly timid premier league campaigns in that time.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Here you are Keiran on 03:49 - Oct 1 with 4831 viewsChurchman

There’s a whiff of panic about that nonsense. Funny lot.
Here you are Keiran on 06:19 - Oct 1 with 4669 viewsBlueOura

Looks like we have really got them rattled. You love to see it.
Here you are Keiran on 07:58 - Oct 1 with 4346 viewsReus30

What a deluded young man.

Needs to do some research before he pipes up and talks about history. Norwich haven't done anything in 15 years..

I hope we smash them.
Here you are Keiran on 08:06 - Oct 1 with 4302 viewscressi

Here you are Keiran on 06:19 - Oct 1 by BlueOura

Looks like we have really got them rattled. You love to see it.

I said a while back Ipswich under the new owners are forward thinking on and off the pitch.
Horrible but investment required everywhere again on and off the pitch. Not many clubs are doing this I understand owners not putting the money in hence why people behind the scenes at Norwich left them to come here.
Regards players they have 4 central defenders over 31. I understand having experience but a mix is required hence why we bought Taylor as our two central midfielders are now 30+ football is about cycles yes since about 2010 they have done better the worst time in our history, but I also remember in the seventies and eighties we used to batter them regularly. The tide has turned and whilst the Americans are here keen willing to invest to put us where we want to be the Premier league it's over for our neighbours down the road who in real terms have never won anything of significance in their sad history. So it's onwards and upwards let's enjoy.
Login to get fewer ads

Here you are Keiran on 08:06 - Oct 1 with 4301 viewsbluejacko

Here you are Keiran on 07:58 - Oct 1 by Reus30

Needs to do some research before he pipes up and talks about history. Norwich haven't done anything in 15 years..

I hope we smash them.

Your being a bit generous by only saying 15 yrs TBF
Here you are Keiran on 08:08 - Oct 1 with 4293 viewsPique

Here you are Keiran on 02:32 - Oct 1 by BondiBlue

An article that's basically saying "i really hope they start losing soon". Love to see it. Thank you to the Pink 'Un for publishing something so desperate and pathetic.

"Let's not forget, this is a club that loves harping on about history - but will conveniently omit the last decade-plus and an unequivocal, unforgettable, epoch of Norwich City dominance."

I am personally very happy to include norwich's unequivocal and unforgettable epoch of dominance in any comparison of our histories because norwich didn't manage to achieve anything apart from a couple of fairly timid premier league campaigns in that time.

Indeed, that paragraph is particularly laughable. Unforgettable epoch of dominance... give me strength.

Over the last 15 years, they have been on top in East Anglia, and have precisely nothing to show for it. How many mid-sized clubs have we seen winning silverware during that time? Swansea, Portsmouth, Leicester, Wigan, Birmingham, West Ham...and how many others have come close by getting to major finals...Fulham, Watford, Palace, Southampton, Cardiff, Stoke, Hull, and that's just off the top of my head. Even we made a League Cup semi final!

And what have Norwich done? Nothing that will ever be remembered. They yo-yoed up and down and they participated. This is why they're panicking - they know it's coming to an end and they blew it.
Here you are Keiran on 08:13 - Oct 1 with 4265 viewsNthQldITFC

Here you are Keiran on 03:49 - Oct 1 by Churchman

There’s a whiff of panic about that nonsense. Funny lot.

It might just be my internal bias, but genuinely putting that right aside, I've always felt that there's a large element of insecurity in a lot of Norwich fans.

Of course they've had the upper hand over us for fifteen years or so, you'd have to be a right twit to deny that, but you'd also have to be a right twit - or more accurately delusionally insecure - as a Norwich fan to pretend that we are not the only club in East Anglia with a truly successful pedigree, and that we are (finally) rapidly bypassing them back into our traditional position of regional pre-eminence.

There's something lacking in them and I think I know what it is; as supporters they just don't have anything to fall back on when the current day looks bleak for them, they can't handle it - they lack the mettle... and that metal is silver.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Here you are Keiran on 08:59 - Oct 1 with 4050 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow that is tin pot even for them.

Embarrassing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Here you are Keiran on 10:08 - Oct 1 with 3856 viewsGuthrum

To summarise: Ipswich Town are scary, so we hope something goes wrong for them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Here you are Keiran on 11:52 - Oct 1 with 3675 viewshoppy

Here you are Keiran on 08:13 - Oct 1 by NthQldITFC

It might just be my internal bias, but genuinely putting that right aside, I've always felt that there's a large element of insecurity in a lot of Norwich fans.

Of course they've had the upper hand over us for fifteen years or so, you'd have to be a right twit to deny that, but you'd also have to be a right twit - or more accurately delusionally insecure - as a Norwich fan to pretend that we are not the only club in East Anglia with a truly successful pedigree, and that we are (finally) rapidly bypassing them back into our traditional position of regional pre-eminence.

There's something lacking in them and I think I know what it is; as supporters they just don't have anything to fall back on when the current day looks bleak for them, they can't handle it - they lack the mettle... and that metal is silver.

Of course, the ‘upper’ part isn’t the most noticeable thing about their hands… it’s the extra digit…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Here you are Keiran on 12:23 - Oct 1 with 3571 viewsstonojnr

Here you are Keiran on 08:13 - Oct 1 by NthQldITFC

even more so from a 26year old fan, since they werent even around when Norwich have claim to winning a trophy or getting to participate in the 3rd round of a European competition, theres that history thing again.

basically their experience of supporting Norwich is, this is as good as it gets, just yoyoing between leagues and getting thoroughly humilated when relegated, what great "epoch dominance" that must be to experience.
Here you are Keiran on 12:39 - Oct 1 with 3525 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Here you are Keiran on 07:58 - Oct 1 by Reus30

I hope we smash them.

Haven't they won a record number of promotions over that time? Although that also required a record number of relegations too?

They also have a decade of dominance over us although they drew more matches than they beat us in over the last 7 years.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Here you are Keiran on 12:45 - Oct 1 with 3501 viewsiamatractorboy

A Norwich fan talking about smugness is one the most hilariously unselfaware things I've seen for a while.
Here you are Keiran on 12:48 - Oct 1 with 3488 viewsNthQldITFC

Here you are Keiran on 02:32 - Oct 1 by BondiBlue

'fairly timid'?

Like the sun is fairly hot?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Lolerama! on 12:55 - Oct 1 with 3434 viewsDyland

Lest you missed it...

"... an unequivocal, unforgettable, epoch of Norwich City dominance."

Lolwut?

An "unforgettable epoch"!?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Here you are Keiran on 13:22 - Oct 1 with 3338 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

I've suffered long enough over the last 20 years or so not to be smug, or take anything for granted. However that is an extraordinary article. Yes their recent past of yo yoing between Championship and Premier has been far more interesting than our steady decline. However we have history, a wonderful past of success, and what looks like a great future under the new owners and Kieran. They have neither past nor future.
Here you are Keiran on 13:38 - Oct 1 with 3276 viewsfabian_illness

I bet he's a whizz on the keyboard with those extra fingers.
Here you are Keiran on 15:49 - Oct 1 with 3079 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

My Message To The Norwich Fan Who Wrote This Article.

1. I can smell your fear in your words. It really, really reeks.

2. "Let's not forget, this is a club that loves harping on about history - but will conveniently omit the last decade-plus..." - no-one's omitted that we haven't beaten you in 10 years, it's been spoken about on these pages as a bone of contention throughout that time. But if one were talking about historical achievements, why would they mention league results anyway? We have actual trophies to talk about. Things we omit from our honours list are things like participating in certain rounds in European cups or playing big teams. It's like when you have a degree you don't bother putting your 100m swimming badge on your CV.

3. Being in League 1 for the last 4 years has nothing to do with McKenna, or indeed the new ownership group. So it's not really relevant to your 'points'.

4. Part of the reason the sides we've beaten are "struggling" in terms of league position is because we've beaten them. You say it's early days for us (and it's a hard slog not a sprint) but you don't afford that caveat to those teams.

5. The reason we've conceded those home goals is twofold, and neither of which is because our defence isn't very good. One is because we attack so much. Two is because we played against £70m worth of Leeds' strikeforce.

6. If you saw the way we played, on a regular basis, you'd see this team won't "go up in smoke" (baring an injury crisis). We have a system that is proven to work - even though we've moved up a league we largely have the same team and it still works. You can see it still working when we don't play so well. And even though we'll lose some games, you just can't see a run of defeats happening when these players are drilled so well to keep doing what works.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 17:31]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Here you are Keiran on 16:00 - Oct 1 with 3031 viewsBLUEBEAT

The veiled saltiness in that 😂

…and what’s this decade-plus “epoch of Norwich City dominance” about? When they beat us a few times when we were playing in the same football league as them? OK…

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Here you are Keiran on 16:39 - Oct 1 with 2927 viewsBiGDonnie

They actually bring us down they're so tinpot. I wish we had rivals who were actually decent.

These lot are a bunch of jokers.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

That really stood out on 08:57 - Oct 2 with 2524 viewsDyland

Here you are Keiran on 16:00 - Oct 1 by BLUEBEAT

The veiled saltiness in that 😂

…and what’s this decade-plus “epoch of Norwich City dominance” about? When they beat us a few times when we were playing in the same football league as them? OK…

Of course it is unequivocally true they have been better than us for fifteen years, and yeh I guess that's something to crow about, especially when there is nothing else to be proud of.

It's depressing that getting promoted to the Prem and being relegated immediately without much of a fight is seen as success these days. I mean that generally and would feel the same if it were Town. From a Norwich City perspective I'd be embarrassed shouting about that. It's very, very tinpot.

Stuffing us 5-1 at PR, that Lambert team and double promotion, ARE things to crow about and until we hand them a thrashing and/or are promoted over them they have bragging rights for sure. How local bragging rights becomes an "unequivocal, unforgettable epoch of dominance" is desperate to say the least.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024