Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yikes 18:30 - Oct 10 with 5777 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Yikes on 10:10 - Oct 11 with 835 viewsGuthrum

Yikes on 18:49 - Oct 10 by FromReuserWithLove

I'm mentally prepped for a dramatic slide.

Also, have we now become 'Kieran McKenna’s Ipswich Town'?

Unlike "Roy Keane's Ipswich Town", which was only invented because the Manager was separately famous before he came to the club, "Kieran McKenna's Ipswich Town" exists because of what he (with others) has forged the team into.

Tho to be fair, Roy Keane did change Ipswich's trajectory. Just not in a direction any of us wanted.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Yikes on 10:35 - Oct 11 with 782 viewsSamWhiteUK

Yikes on 19:29 - Oct 10 by Buhrer

The scum have been up and down like a yo yo... but somehow aren't on that list?

I'm sure I read somewhere a stat that said something like, after 8 games, this was Norwich's best ever start to a season, and yet they were below us lol
Yikes on 10:37 - Oct 11 with 776 viewschicoazul

FFS SITTERS

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Yikes on 10:45 - Oct 11 with 758 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Yikes on 18:49 - Oct 10 by FromReuserWithLove

I'm mentally prepped for a dramatic slide.

Also, have we now become 'Kieran McKenna’s Ipswich Town'?

Well we're sure as fck not Roy Keane's, Mick McCarthy's or Marcus Evans' Ipswich Town anymore!

Cheesy to say, but we're "Our" Ipswich Town now.

At last!
Yikes on 10:48 - Oct 11 with 747 viewsbluelou

Yikes on 23:19 - Oct 10 by Vegtablue

10 Games In... by Vegtablue 4 Oct 2023 17:17
Wise counsel catch. Got to keep our wits about us.

Since the Championship was born in 2004/05, teams in 1st and 2nd after 10 games have finished:
Top Two: 17
Playoffs: 11
Top Half: 7
Bottom Half: 3

However! 23 points or above is less common. It's happened 11 times, 3 of which were in one season (ouch). Finishing positions were as follows:
Top 2: 8
Playoffs: 2
Top Half 0 👀
Bottom Half: 1 (Cardiff 06/07, let's quickly move on)

25 points or above since 1997/98 (when form tables begin on this nifty website I'm using):
Top 2: 5
Playoffs: 0
Top Half: 1
Bottom Half: 0

Phwoar!

Sky stole my homework from last week the b*ggers! I began in 1997/98, the furthest back form tables went on the website I found, and of course we were on 25 points before Preston. The only side that failed to go up automatically with our total (or above) after 10 matches was Watford in 2000/01.

It was another freak season: Fulham were top on 28 points and Watford were 2nd on 25 points. Watford lost their 11th game, so they stayed on 25 points. Therefore, no team in the 2nd Division in the last 26 years has amassed 28 points or more after 11 matches and failed to go up automatically. This doesn't tell Watford's full story, however, as they finished game 15 with 35 points and +16 GD; they were still motoring along! It is from there that they fell off a cliff, amassing only 34 points in their last 31 games and finishing 9th.

The worst collapse in the Championship years was Cardiff in 2006/07, who after 12 games were on 29 points with +16 GD. They managed 35 points in the 34 matches that followed and finished 13th.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 23:21]

I think Cardiff were still top after like 20 games that season...

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Yikes on 12:17 - Oct 11 with 683 viewsBlueBadger

Yikes on 10:37 - Oct 11 by chicoazul

FFS SITTERS

Shut up and declare the Banter Era finished.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yikes on 10:56 - Oct 12 with 526 viewsLeaky

Yikes on 10:10 - Oct 11 by Guthrum

Unlike "Roy Keane's Ipswich Town", which was only invented because the Manager was separately famous before he came to the club, "Kieran McKenna's Ipswich Town" exists because of what he (with others) has forged the team into.

Tho to be fair, Roy Keane did change Ipswich's trajectory. Just not in a direction any of us wanted.

All very well however, we now have Wayne Rooney's Birmingham, this could take any media pressure off of us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024