Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One player from the past 5-10 years.. 11:39 - Oct 16 with 4494 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

.. that you'd have like to have seen play under McKenna to see how good they could've become?

For me, it's Scott Fraser. I reckon he could've taken his game on to another level under McKenna and be in the squad to this day.

Another interesting/debatable one but I think Colin Quaner could've been something under McKenna if they maximised his strengths.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:43 - Oct 16 with 3169 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't KM bin fraser...

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:43 - Oct 16 with 3174 viewsSharkey

Freddie Sears
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:43 - Oct 16 with 3173 viewsWeWereZombies

Ryan Fraser, McKenna might have calmed him down a bit and also would have found a way to use the medical team to stave off the inevitable toll that his speed has taken on his body (would also have needed Gamechanger to make the loan a permanent signing.)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:44 - Oct 16 with 3156 viewsSitfcB

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:43 - Oct 16 by FrimleyBlue

Didn't KM bin fraser...

Where would he have done that?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:45 - Oct 16 with 3141 viewsDJR

Whilst I like him a lot, I'm not sure Fraser is sufficiently athletic for a McKenna team.

But I think Will Keane could have fitted in very well, if we are looking at players in the last 5 years.
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:46 - Oct 16 with 3127 views_clive_baker_

Maybe Dozzell. Someone to help him fulfil his obvious potential and talent, in a dominant side and in a role the McKenna knows particularly well. Can't help but feel his spent most / all of his career in pretty pants sides at their respective levels.

Otherwise Waghorn, never lacked the graft and had a lot of quality too.
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:48 - Oct 16 with 3107 viewsLankHenners

Don't think Fraser comes close to having the athleticism needed to be in a McKenna midfield. He wanted to leave when he was here and McKenna wasn't going to try and stop him anyway.

Daryl Murphy would be an ideal forward in this system.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:48 - Oct 16 with 3103 viewsWeWereZombies

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:44 - Oct 16 by SitfcB

Where would he have done that?

Charlton ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Fraser_(footballer,_born_1995)

Left just over a month after McKenna arrived, but agreed that Scott Fraser was not necessarily 'binned' - he may have had a talk with the new manager and weighed up his options.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:49 - Oct 16 with 3086 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Colin Quaner is a very left field choice, nice guy by all accounts but he was pretty naff. Fraser was more than just the football I feel, he had departed the club a way before his sale and had removed anything ITFC off his socials, much like Barry. There appears to have been a decision made somewhere, and Norwood was left out around that time also. He's hardly thrived in League One since leaving, Norwood is non-league now and Barry is having a bit of a turnaround at Stockport, so on balance whoever decided bin them (whether it was Cook or Ashton, depending on the rumours) got the decision right.

The obvious ones for me are the likes of Downes, Dozzell and even Bishop. Three potentially very good Championship players wasted under a string of drastically underqualified coaches (and fitness teams) here. Downes will forever be that one that got away, I appreciate he wanted to leave before but had he hung on and we had him under McKenna we'd be looking at hell of a player now, with a much inflated value to the club, because as good as Mass and Morsy have been, their age means their value will not increase that much as a player Downes age would.

Also Adam Webster would be perfect for Town again now.
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:52 - Oct 16 with 3040 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:49 - Oct 16 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Colin Quaner is a very left field choice, nice guy by all accounts but he was pretty naff. Fraser was more than just the football I feel, he had departed the club a way before his sale and had removed anything ITFC off his socials, much like Barry. There appears to have been a decision made somewhere, and Norwood was left out around that time also. He's hardly thrived in League One since leaving, Norwood is non-league now and Barry is having a bit of a turnaround at Stockport, so on balance whoever decided bin them (whether it was Cook or Ashton, depending on the rumours) got the decision right.

The obvious ones for me are the likes of Downes, Dozzell and even Bishop. Three potentially very good Championship players wasted under a string of drastically underqualified coaches (and fitness teams) here. Downes will forever be that one that got away, I appreciate he wanted to leave before but had he hung on and we had him under McKenna we'd be looking at hell of a player now, with a much inflated value to the club, because as good as Mass and Morsy have been, their age means their value will not increase that much as a player Downes age would.

Also Adam Webster would be perfect for Town again now.

Also Celina must feel he made a bad choice not to join us full term! What a waste.
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:01 - Oct 16 with 2958 viewsSitfcB

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:48 - Oct 16 by WeWereZombies

Charlton ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Fraser_(footballer,_born_1995)

Left just over a month after McKenna arrived, but agreed that Scott Fraser was not necessarily 'binned' - he may have had a talk with the new manager and weighed up his options.

Didn’t read the OP and just saw the name Ryan Fraser an assumed Frimmers was on about him!

Yeah I doubt McKenna had a say in that on really, was probably decided beforehand, he said himself he didn’t really settle here.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:02 - Oct 16 with 2947 viewsmonty_radio

Jonas maybe. In order to develop the attacking side of his game, to add a bit of guile. And Hyam, injuries excluding, for the same reason.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 12:05]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:16 - Oct 16 with 2859 viewsKeno

a fit jack lankester

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:19 - Oct 16 with 2835 viewstractorboy1978

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 11:45 - Oct 16 by DJR

Whilst I like him a lot, I'm not sure Fraser is sufficiently athletic for a McKenna team.

But I think Will Keane could have fitted in very well, if we are looking at players in the last 5 years.

Re Fraser, nowhere near athletic enough to play CM and couldn't press anywhere near well enough to play in the 10 here.
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:22 - Oct 16 with 2820 viewsChurchman

Murphy and McGoldrick. Both good players, especially DM, but I think under McKenna both would have really flourished. I suspect McGoldrick would have suffered far less injury problems too.
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:25 - Oct 16 with 2792 viewsStenvict

Teddy Bishop

Poll: What will be announced first?

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:33 - Oct 16 with 2758 viewsPlums

JET. Would love to see what he could have done with him. Bags of talent, lacked application

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:42 - Oct 16 with 2703 viewsLeoMuff

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:22 - Oct 16 by Churchman

Murphy and McGoldrick. Both good players, especially DM, but I think under McKenna both would have really flourished. I suspect McGoldrick would have suffered far less injury problems too.

Prime Murphy would have completed this side, I’m hoping we can mould Hirst into this though !

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:44 - Oct 16 with 2691 viewsMattinLondon

Being obvious, David McGoldrick would have been immense in this team and KM would have really appreciated having him available.

I never really rated Skuse but I am curious to see how he would have been utilised in this team.

My leftfield choice is Paul Digby - very very highly rated as a youngster and Man Utd were linked to him when still a youngster. In a couple of games - very briefly, he looked quite good - but always looked lost. Just interested to see if KM tactical brain and system would have got more out of him.
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:47 - Oct 16 with 2670 viewscharlie1

Further back than the OP suggests but how good would Jordan Rhodes have been under McKenna?!
One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:52 - Oct 16 with 2648 viewsmonty_radio

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:44 - Oct 16 by MattinLondon

Being obvious, David McGoldrick would have been immense in this team and KM would have really appreciated having him available.

I never really rated Skuse but I am curious to see how he would have been utilised in this team.

My leftfield choice is Paul Digby - very very highly rated as a youngster and Man Utd were linked to him when still a youngster. In a couple of games - very briefly, he looked quite good - but always looked lost. Just interested to see if KM tactical brain and system would have got more out of him.

Interesting - I guess several players who underwhelmed might have benefited likewise. The caveat might be that McKenna is a man in a hurry: his time at Man U, his own foreshortened playing career, and the new Gamechanger investment has taught him that. When Humphries made the team he was already light years on from some of the previous flailing candidates that we might name from our decade of disppointment.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:55 - Oct 16 with 2621 viewsNthQldITFC

Downes.

Plus, maybe, for sheer puntastic effect, Ed Upson.

That would be a midfield pairing capable of giving us fans plenty of ups and downs.

(I'm sure that one's been done before, but I never noticed.)
[Post edited 16 Oct 2023 12:58]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:55 - Oct 16 with 2622 viewsitfcjoe

That midfield coming through of Downes, Dozzell and Nydam - to see what he could've got out of those players and where/how

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 13:00 - Oct 16 with 2580 viewsDubtractor

Colin Quaner was bloody hopeless. May as well have had Balint Bajner in the team for all the good he did. Scored a total of 28 career goals, as a striker....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collin_Quaner

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 13:06 - Oct 16 with 2544 viewsDubtractor

One player from the past 5-10 years.. on 12:55 - Oct 16 by itfcjoe

That midfield coming through of Downes, Dozzell and Nydam - to see what he could've got out of those players and where/how

Those 3, plus Murphy. As has been suggested in this thread, Hirst has the all the tools to be a similar player to Murphy at his best with us.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024