Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? 17:13 - Oct 20 with 2401 viewsLeistonBlue

Given the tv crews etc would already be there and ready to go? The statement says it was postponed on grounds of ‘supporter safety’. Surely if there are no supporters, the game could go ahead? Not ideal for those who travelled I realise, but would save on the fixture congestion later in the season and mean the teams journey etc wasn’t wasted. Just a thought..
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:21 - Oct 20 with 2318 viewsBluebell

I think I would really be peed off if I had travelled all that way to see my team and find out the game was being played behind closed doors!

This way the tickets can be used when the game is played. Annoying for people who have taken today off work to be there.
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:23 - Oct 20 with 2282 viewspointofblue

How do you plan to get the players, officials and TV crew out of the stadium afterwards, if the river level continues to rise?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:28 - Oct 20 with 2220 viewsMK1

With respect, that's a pretty dumb suggestion.
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:29 - Oct 20 with 2217 viewsLeistonBlue

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:21 - Oct 20 by Bluebell

I think I would really be peed off if I had travelled all that way to see my team and find out the game was being played behind closed doors!

This way the tickets can be used when the game is played. Annoying for people who have taken today off work to be there.

You say that, but then at least those who had made the journey could have made an evening of it. Packed out a pub full of town fans, have a few beers, a bit of a sing song and watched the game. Would have meant it wasn’t a completely wasted trip. Sounds quite good fun if you ask me
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:30 - Oct 20 with 2206 viewsLeistonBlue

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:23 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

How do you plan to get the players, officials and TV crew out of the stadium afterwards, if the river level continues to rise?

The main entrance is on much higher ground than the other side by the river - I don’t think that was ever going to happen without the whole ground being underwater
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:33 - Oct 20 with 2170 viewsScuzzer

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:28 - Oct 20 by MK1

With respect, that's a pretty dumb suggestion.

Why?
Pretty good thinking I would say.

Established 1968

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:36 - Oct 20 with 2111 viewsMK1

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:33 - Oct 20 by Scuzzer

Why?
Pretty good thinking I would say.

I didn't travel because I didn't want to risk it. Thought there was a very good chance it wouldn't go ahead. Think we sold 2,500 tickets for this game. They will still be valid for the rescheduled game. That is a lot of fans to lose tickets. That's why.
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:37 - Oct 20 with 2085 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It would be an unnatural game for the players with no supporters, though I guess they had that with Covid. But also, what do you do with supporter's who've paid to watch a game that then wouldn't be rearranged?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:40 - Oct 20 with 2044 viewsLeistonBlue

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:37 - Oct 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

It would be an unnatural game for the players with no supporters, though I guess they had that with Covid. But also, what do you do with supporter's who've paid to watch a game that then wouldn't be rearranged?

Quite simple really - refund them
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:47 - Oct 20 with 1959 viewsMK1

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:40 - Oct 20 by LeistonBlue

Quite simple really - refund them

Rotherham tickets as well ? That is a hell of a lot of money to fork out. Reschedule is best for all concerned. ( Not that that is any comfort to those on their way home at the moment).
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:53 - Oct 20 with 1897 viewsLeistonBlue

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:47 - Oct 20 by MK1

Rotherham tickets as well ? That is a hell of a lot of money to fork out. Reschedule is best for all concerned. ( Not that that is any comfort to those on their way home at the moment).

I completely see where you’re coming from in terms of the people travelling etc, but in terms of the refund money, these sorts of things are all covered under insurance. I work for an insurance company that covers football clubs and other events organisations for exactly these sorts of situations.
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 18:00 - Oct 20 with 1842 viewsMK1

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:53 - Oct 20 by LeistonBlue

I completely see where you’re coming from in terms of the people travelling etc, but in terms of the refund money, these sorts of things are all covered under insurance. I work for an insurance company that covers football clubs and other events organisations for exactly these sorts of situations.

It wasn't ever going to be played behind closed doors. Rotherham wouldn't want to be claiming on any insurance policy either. When (if) games are cancelled for the reasons today, I expect almost all if not every game is rescheduled. This is a big money game for Rotherham, so once called of, was always going to be rescheduled.
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 18:08 - Oct 20 with 1795 viewsLeistonBlue

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 18:00 - Oct 20 by MK1

It wasn't ever going to be played behind closed doors. Rotherham wouldn't want to be claiming on any insurance policy either. When (if) games are cancelled for the reasons today, I expect almost all if not every game is rescheduled. This is a big money game for Rotherham, so once called of, was always going to be rescheduled.

What’s the point in having the insurance if you’re not going to claim on it? Anyway, I think we might just have to agree to disagree on this one
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 18:19 - Oct 20 with 1705 viewsSomethingBlue

Football is for the fans and communities – so no.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 1682 viewsblueislander

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 18:08 - Oct 20 by LeistonBlue

What’s the point in having the insurance if you’re not going to claim on it? Anyway, I think we might just have to agree to disagree on this one

There is no precedent for playing a game behind closed doors in these circumstance, so it would never happen unless t.he FA , the EFL etc approve it, and make it an official policy.
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 18:31 - Oct 20 with 1624 viewsNthQldITFC

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:23 - Oct 20 by pointofblue

Helicopter and winch, or a big trampoline maybe? Not both together, obviously. That's the trouble with this country these days, we just don't overcome trivial problems with novel solutions any more.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 18:42 - Oct 20 with 1543 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Idiotic suggestion
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 19:08 - Oct 20 with 1451 viewsMeadowlark

Let me guess...you're an armchair supporter?
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 19:10 - Oct 20 with 1442 viewsUSA

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 17:21 - Oct 20 by Bluebell

I think most of the travelling fans are pi$$ed off regardless
Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 19:12 - Oct 20 with 1436 viewsLeistonBlue

Couldn’t they have played behind closed doors? on 19:08 - Oct 20 by Meadowlark

Let me guess...you're an armchair supporter?

Season ticket holder with 32 loyalty points.. good try though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024