Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC players who defined the banter era 20:42 - Oct 23 with 8537 viewsStevieH

1. Leon Best
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:43 - Oct 23 with 4432 viewsKeno

Bullard

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 4428 viewsGeoffSentence

2. Graham Harbey

Honestly, it started earlier than you think

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 4423 viewsFrimleyBlue

Harrop

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:45 - Oct 23 with 4423 viewsStevieH

Piotr Malarczyk
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:47 - Oct 23 with 4418 viewsChurchman

Jonathan Constipated Douglas
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:52 - Oct 23 with 4405 viewsDyland

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/21733652.ipswich-town-drawing-mascot-bluey-stuck-hug

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:58 - Oct 23 with 4378 viewsmarchy

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:45 - Oct 23 by StevieH

Piotr Malarczyk

What was everyone's problem with him? He cost about five quid, wasn't up to the job and got bounced out pretty much immediately. It's not like we brought him in as some saviour, he was an incredibly cheap gamble that didn't work, amongst other cheap gambles that did.
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:07 - Oct 23 with 4352 viewsjasondozzell

In a strange way, surely it's Richie Wellens? A good pro who came here on loan and sussed everything almost immediately and had the bravery to call it out.

Remember this?

Wellens: Town Players Don't Care 29th Oct 2012 09:08
Loan midfielder Richie Wellens laid into Town’s permanent signings after Saturday’s dismal defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, claiming he and his fellow temporary signings are the only ones who care. Caretaker-manager Chris Hutchings similarly pointed the finger at players in his post-match press conference after the game. 139

[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 21:42]
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:18 - Oct 23 with 4282 viewsGuthrum

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:43 - Oct 23 by Keno

Bullard

Specifically Bullard's legs going at exactly the same moment as he signed for us permanently.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:18 - Oct 23 with 4279 viewsSitfcB

Simon Dawkins

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:21 - Oct 23 with 4259 viewsPhilTWTD

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:07 - Oct 23 by jasondozzell

In a strange way, surely it's Richie Wellens? A good pro who came here on loan and sussed everything almost immediately and had the bravery to call it out.

Remember this?

Wellens: Town Players Don't Care 29th Oct 2012 09:08
Loan midfielder Richie Wellens laid into Town’s permanent signings after Saturday’s dismal defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, claiming he and his fellow temporary signings are the only ones who care. Caretaker-manager Chris Hutchings similarly pointed the finger at players in his post-match press conference after the game. 139

[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 21:42]

And was immediately sent packing by MM!
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:23 - Oct 23 with 4237 viewsSitfcB

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:18 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Simon Dawkins

Larsen Toure.

Josh Yerworth.

Balint Bajner.

COYB

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:23 - Oct 23 with 4237 viewsTresBonne

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:44 - Oct 23 by FrimleyBlue

Harrop

Never, ever forget that shot he took at (I think?) Fleetwood away. About 25 yards out and it actually went out of the ground.

I'd love if someone could find a clip.
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:24 - Oct 23 with 4233 viewsSitfcB

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:23 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Larsen Toure.

Josh Yerworth.

Balint Bajner.

COYB

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:27 - Oct 23 with 4209 viewsMattinLondon

Balint Bajner
Cheick Kourouma - so much hassle in signing him and then we offer him a one year deal and then pay him off.
That young Irish midfielder who we couldn’t sign as he was under 18. Made a lot of fuss about him and I think he only played once.
Cameron Stewart

Above players are nominated due to some other banter backstory rather than actual footballing ability.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 21:31]
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:31 - Oct 23 with 4167 viewsSitfcB

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:27 - Oct 23 by MattinLondon

Balint Bajner
Cheick Kourouma - so much hassle in signing him and then we offer him a one year deal and then pay him off.
That young Irish midfielder who we couldn’t sign as he was under 18. Made a lot of fuss about him and I think he only played once.
Cameron Stewart

Above players are nominated due to some other banter backstory rather than actual footballing ability.

He did give us ‘Le Coach est parti’ though

COYB

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:34 - Oct 23 with 4146 viewsMattinLondon

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:31 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

He did give us ‘Le Coach est parti’ though

To me, that adds to his banter appeal. Is there an exact date when the banter era started? As soon as Marcus Evans took control?
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:41 - Oct 23 with 4083 viewsLankHenners

Obviously there have been far far worse players and this isn't really to do with the player himself, more the absolute clown show ITFC had become, but I think I have to say Janoi Donacien.

Work permit issues prevented a permanent deal so we had to take him on a loan and pay (what seemed a ridiculously overpriced) £750,000 in January. Before we did that he started under Hurst and looked scared to go past the halfway line but seemed a solid enough defender. Lambert comes in and based off the brief time he spent with him at Villa a few years ago decides he doesn't like him, says he's a CB when we have a RB shortage then says he's a RB when we have a CB shortage, tries and fails to get the permanent deal cancelled then sends him back on loan to Accrington when the deal is finally done.

Starts the following season but quickly replaced by KVY, Gwion Edwards sometimes starts ahead of him at RB, season ends early because of Covid. Only plays in the cup the season after that, gets sent to Fleetwood on loan in January, looks like his time's up. Comes back and plays more under Cook due to being more reliable at the back than KVY, then becomes an important part of the team under McKenna once the fog of the banter era starts to dissipate.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:42 - Oct 23 with 4052 viewsjasondozzell

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:21 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

Forgot that! 😁
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:42 - Oct 23 with 4052 viewsSitfcB

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:34 - Oct 23 by MattinLondon

To me, that adds to his banter appeal. Is there an exact date when the banter era started? As soon as Marcus Evans took control?

I think it basically started when Magilton was sacked?

So the last time we beat Norwich…it can officially end on December the 16th when we beat them.

COYB

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:49 - Oct 23 with 4027 viewsStevieH

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:21 - Oct 23 by PhilTWTD

One of my ‘favourite’ quotes from the banter era

“'Then I got into the first team and I saw that some of the lads didn’t really care whether we won or lost. ”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1213474/EXCLUSIVE-I-quit-esca
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:51 - Oct 23 with 4012 viewswaveneyblue

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:43 - Oct 23 by Keno

Bullard

Jordan Spence making over 70 appearances in the Championship then pretty much retiring from football.

Dreadful player
ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:56 - Oct 23 with 3981 viewsIllinoisblue

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 20:58 - Oct 23 by marchy

What was everyone's problem with him? He cost about five quid, wasn't up to the job and got bounced out pretty much immediately. It's not like we brought him in as some saviour, he was an incredibly cheap gamble that didn't work, amongst other cheap gambles that did.

You’ve answered your own question there!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 22:20 - Oct 23 with 3895 viewsPioneerBlue

I would have thought it be Skuse and Chambo but not as a cheap shot. I know they are being rehabilitated back into positive net promoter scores. Time is a healer and all that. They were here and saw it more or less to the bitter end.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 22:21 - Oct 23 with 3886 viewsjasondozzell

ITFC players who defined the banter era on 21:27 - Oct 23 by MattinLondon

Balint Bajner
Cameron Stewart

Cameron Stewart! Mick was addicted to buying wingers with flair and then refusing to ever play them.

Were there question marks over Stewart's attitude? I do remember him getting clobbered at Orient in a pre season friendly and moaning at the bench where he got a some choice words and industrial language from Mick to get on with it. It later turned out he'd fractured his jaw I think!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024