Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January 22:41 - Oct 25 with 3585 viewsBseaBlue

Yeah, don't want to get too ahead of ourselves, but say we remain in the situation we are in currently come January, what the fudge do the club do?

The January signings last season saw us over the line so do we see something special happening again or will we approach with caution? Certainly exciting times at Town and good problems to have!
January on 09:45 - Oct 26 with 748 viewsDanTheMan

January on 09:43 - Oct 26 by _clive_baker_

We've constantly looked to improve on our weakest positions and show continuous improvement. The side that started last season was strong, but you would always have identified Evans, Aluko, Harness, Donacien, Ladapo as players who perhaps have lower ceilings than the likes of Walton, Davis, Woolf, Morsy, Chaplin, Burns for various reasons.

We've strengthened in all of those areas and raised the bar. Looking at the side now Tuanzebe might be one who can challenge Burgess & Woolfenden (although he's got some work to do on current form), central midfield is an area where either Taylor can really challenge or we look to bring someone in. Again Morsy and Luongo are playing well but that will be an area where we'll need to strengthen given age profiles and international duties. Also up top, someone to challenge Hirst, which probably spells the end for Ladapo.

Wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 January additions in the next phase of our development, with Ladapo, Harness, Aluko, Ball, Evans the ones that ultimately become surplus as a result. The good thing about this start is we should be quite an attractive proposition and easier sell to quality players.

Evans is the easiest swap right now. I doubt he'll be much use to us in the second half of the season and his knees are done in.

We'll need cover for Morsy if he goes to AFCON so you'd assume we're already looking for a long term replacement.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

January on 09:50 - Oct 26 with 729 viewstextbackup

January on 08:21 - Oct 26 by Wacko

I’d rather we signed Sinclair Armstrong from QPR (more realistic too)

We need another striker, Hirst can’t maintain that running for 90mins weekly

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

January on 10:11 - Oct 26 with 695 viewsWacko

January on 08:59 - Oct 26 by ITFCBlues

Why would you rather we signed a striker with 1 goal this season and can't even start for QPR over one of the leagues top scorers?

Probably irrelevant anyways as no way saints sell us Armstrong.

Because he’s 20, first proper season, a really promising player that Man City are watching apparently and there was literally an article about George Hirst saying his role is much more than getting goals (clearly since he’s hardly got any this season)

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

January on 10:15 - Oct 26 with 683 viewstextbackup

January on 10:11 - Oct 26 by Wacko

Because he’s 20, first proper season, a really promising player that Man City are watching apparently and there was literally an article about George Hirst saying his role is much more than getting goals (clearly since he’s hardly got any this season)

His pace and power would be amazing in this team.

From memory (the away game) his touch was very good too, which at times I think Hirsts really let him down.

Great age, huge potential

January on 10:17 - Oct 26 with 679 viewsFrimleyBlue

January on 10:11 - Oct 26 by Wacko

Think Hirst is trying to save face a little.

Yes his all round game is important, BUT how many chances now has he had to score and failed.. He is that man up the top and he gets chances everygame, he can't keep missing them. He's had headers, 1-1s, he had 2 chances last night, maybe 3.

100% the other aspect of his game is vital for us, but goals are important regardless.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

January on 11:26 - Oct 26 with 643 viewstextbackup

January on 10:17 - Oct 26 by FrimleyBlue

Think Hirst is trying to save face a little.

Yes his all round game is important, BUT how many chances now has he had to score and failed.. He is that man up the top and he gets chances everygame, he can't keep missing them. He's had headers, 1-1s, he had 2 chances last night, maybe 3.

100% the other aspect of his game is vital for us, but goals are important regardless.

For once I agree. I think he’s very hit and miss infront of goal, wasteful

January on 11:28 - Oct 26 with 639 viewsFrimleyBlue

January on 11:26 - Oct 26 by textbackup

For once I agree. I think he’s very hit and miss infront of goal, wasteful

It's difficult as my son loves him and when I say this to him, he's answer is yeah but if he scored he'd be haaland..

Is wanting a few goals expecting to much?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

January on 11:32 - Oct 26 with 632 viewsThatMuhrenCross

You look at who our most influential players are now, and the likes of Broadhead and Hirst are right up there. So what we do in January isn't just about this season, but next.

With that in mind, fully expect to see someone recruited that is oven-ready for the Premier League, and if we have to spend money, we will.

I expect an exciting window.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Login to get fewer ads

January on 11:37 - Oct 26 with 623 viewstextbackup

January on 11:28 - Oct 26 by FrimleyBlue

It's difficult as my son loves him and when I say this to him, he's answer is yeah but if he scored he'd be haaland..

Is wanting a few goals expecting to much?

I personally think his touch is very hit and miss, same as his scoring…

That said, you can’t deny his huge worth to the team. Him but with the above qualities is a £8m plus player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024