Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down 21:38 - Oct 30 with 3265 viewsArchiRob

wonder if he has any regrets going to Coventry.

West Brom -dark horses - on for 7 clean sheets
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 21:58 - Oct 30 with 3163 viewsChurchman

West Brom look good defensively. Really tight though Coventry seemed to delight in playing into crowded areas.

Coventry’s sub Ellis Simms was signed for an estimated £6-8m according to the internet. Ok, maybe an exaggeration but regardless, there were a few that thought we should blow the budget on him. Personally, I am glad we didn’t.
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 22:05 - Oct 30 with 3106 viewsbournemouthblue

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 21:58 - Oct 30 by Churchman

West Brom look good defensively. Really tight though Coventry seemed to delight in playing into crowded areas.

Coventry’s sub Ellis Simms was signed for an estimated £6-8m according to the internet. Ok, maybe an exaggeration but regardless, there were a few that thought we should blow the budget on him. Personally, I am glad we didn’t.

Hirst is certainly better value on paper, Simms may prove to be a decent player but his transfer fee was massively inflated

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 22:15 - Oct 30 with 3044 viewsNutkins_Return

Thought West Brom looked incredibly uninspiring and dull.

Dreadful piece of goalkeeping and an offside won them a game they didn't deserve particularly. Cov dominated the ball but we're a bit toothless.

(You could call it a professional performance by West Brom of course).
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 22:18 - Oct 30 with 3024 viewsjayessess

Corberan is a really excellent defensive coach. Very nearly got a quite limited Huddersfield team into the Premier League.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 22:19 - Oct 30 with 3013 viewsReusersTown

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 22:05 - Oct 30 by bournemouthblue

Hirst is certainly better value on paper, Simms may prove to be a decent player but his transfer fee was massively inflated

He's a better player on grass too right now!
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 08:01 - Oct 31 with 2416 viewsWickets

Also watched this match last night , i enjoyed it and thought it could have gone either way but it made me think how much VAR has changed the Premier League , as they would have awarded Coventry a penalty while it was 0-0 and most likely ruled out both West Broms goals for marginal offside ! Yes Simms looked pissed off while on the bench and was not given much time to make an impression. Was he dropped or rested ?
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 08:09 - Oct 31 with 2373 viewsHerbivore

Coventry are a weird one, feels like in most of their games they look the better side but keep finding ways to not win games. West Brom look a solid but unspectacular outfit and will be one of roughly a dozen in the mix for the play offs but we've shown so far this season that if we're at or close to our best we are better than that pack of sides gunning for the play offs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 13:00 - Oct 31 with 2058 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Coventry were hailed as business masters in the summer, and they've successfully converted a club on the verge of the Premier League, to one that looks like it might be lucky to finish 7th, just with a bigger bank balance. I guess you could argue that Brum did the same when they cashed in on Bellingham young, they have seen absolutely nothing from that money except a recent celebrity managerial appointment.
Login to get fewer ads

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 13:38 - Oct 31 with 1962 viewsBigCommon

Think Simms is like a lot of forwards that don't suit our game.... If they aren't finding the net, they offer very little else...
Hirst has more assists than goals this season. Which tells you a lot. He's chipping in with important goals, too.. Really pleased he scored on Saturday. Lets hope it starts a bit of a run..
Would KM get more out of Simms... Possibly.
Would anyone swap him for Hirst..... Nah.
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 13:42 - Oct 31 with 1931 views_clive_baker_

I was glad at the time, it's a lot of money and had the potential to disrupt one of our biggest assets in terms of the unity in the club. Spending £1.5m on Hirst as a relatively young, British alternative looks a bargain.

Having said that, I dare say the Simms we would've seen here leading the line in this set up and the one Coventry have got might've been very different.
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 14:09 - Oct 31 with 1859 viewsfarkenhell

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 13:38 - Oct 31 by BigCommon

Think Simms is like a lot of forwards that don't suit our game.... If they aren't finding the net, they offer very little else...
Hirst has more assists than goals this season. Which tells you a lot. He's chipping in with important goals, too.. Really pleased he scored on Saturday. Lets hope it starts a bit of a run..
Would KM get more out of Simms... Possibly.
Would anyone swap him for Hirst..... Nah.

A lot of forwards score goals in bursts. I'll go early and predict he'll score in at least the next 3 games.
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 14:37 - Oct 31 with 1769 viewsChurchman

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 13:42 - Oct 31 by _clive_baker_

I was glad at the time, it's a lot of money and had the potential to disrupt one of our biggest assets in terms of the unity in the club. Spending £1.5m on Hirst as a relatively young, British alternative looks a bargain.

Having said that, I dare say the Simms we would've seen here leading the line in this set up and the one Coventry have got might've been very different.

Maybe. His record says he is a goal every two to three games striker and Sunderland liked him.

Not seen a lot of Simms but what I have seen suggests he seems a bit slow, cumbersome and actually a tad moody. Harsh because I’ve not noticed or seen enough of him play and nor have I seen him play live. He’s also playing for a team short on confidence which can’t be helping. It may be of course that Coventry are the wrong club for him as Blackburn were for Hirst.

Time will tell.
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 15:17 - Oct 31 with 1678 viewsitfcsuth

At the figure that it ended at, I don't think there was too many other suitors.

We certainly weren't involved by the end with the numbers.
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 15:28 - Oct 31 with 1647 viewsHerbivore

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 15:17 - Oct 31 by itfcsuth

At the figure that it ended at, I don't think there was too many other suitors.

We certainly weren't involved by the end with the numbers.

When £3.5m was thrown around at the start I could see that and felt it would be decent business. Once it got north of £5m it started to look like slightly silly money.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 15:34 - Oct 31 with 1610 viewswkj

West Brom always look good defensively. So much so they crowd celebrate when they cross the half way line. I've been to the hawthorns a few times and the football is always so boring.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 15:46 - Oct 31 with 1556 viewsLankHenners

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 15:28 - Oct 31 by Herbivore

When £3.5m was thrown around at the start I could see that and felt it would be decent business. Once it got north of £5m it started to look like slightly silly money.

They did only pay about £3.5m, the £6-8m figures came from add-ons including stuff like getting promoted to the PL, although you could definitely argue even in those circumstances it's not a level of spending we'd want to be committing to.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 16:21 - Oct 31 with 1498 viewsitfcsuth

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 15:28 - Oct 31 by Herbivore

I don't rate him that high, so even £3.5M looked steep to me - but yeah £5M upwards looked daft.

When you then compare to George Hirst at the price it looked even more silly.
Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 18:10 - Oct 31 with 1394 viewsNutkins_Return

Ellis Simms on for last 15 mins 2-0 down on 08:09 - Oct 31 by Herbivore

Coventry are a weird one, feels like in most of their games they look the better side but keep finding ways to not win games. West Brom look a solid but unspectacular outfit and will be one of roughly a dozen in the mix for the play offs but we've shown so far this season that if we're at or close to our best we are better than that pack of sides gunning for the play offs.

I think they are in a very similar place we were when Cook dismantled the whole team. Loads of excitement from fans with all the signings but ultimately it will take them a while to gel and not all will work.

Expect them to get better throughout season and be a force next season. They don't quite have the same relative spending power though we had vs L1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024