Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke not a left back 12:46 - Nov 2 with 3008 viewshunty21

Clarke clearly not a left back or as versatile as we thought too much space given to their winger , looked better when on the right
Clarke not a left back on 13:01 - Nov 2 with 2932 viewsJ2BLUE

Has anyone ever though he could play LB on a regular basis?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Clarke not a left back on 13:24 - Nov 2 with 2835 viewsFrimleyBlue

Clarke not a left back on 13:01 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

I don't know what his best position is tbh

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Clarke not a left back on 13:39 - Nov 2 with 2810 viewsBasuco

Harry was pulled infield by their midfielder (not shown on most clips of the goal) and Wilson moved into the space created, it was a very well worked passage of play and was not the fault of any one Town player. IMO.
Clarke not a left back on 13:44 - Nov 2 with 2797 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

He seems bang out of form this season unfortunately. I think there’s definitely a player in there as he was clearly an upgrade in January. Hard to see him getting much game time in the League if Williams stays fit.
Clarke not a left back on 13:45 - Nov 2 with 2788 viewsKeno

maybe he's be ok in a settles back 4 where the other 3 were more settled?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Clarke not a left back on 13:51 - Nov 2 with 2755 viewsArnieM

I’m not sure he’s a left or right back really. He seems to get caught up girls or out of position so many times. Fulham exploited that gap behind all night long . He seems to lack positional awareness at times.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Clarke not a left back on 13:54 - Nov 2 with 2736 viewsRadlett_blue

Clarke not a left back on 13:51 - Nov 2 by ArnieM

I’m not sure he’s a left or right back really. He seems to get caught up girls or out of position so many times. Fulham exploited that gap behind all night long . He seems to lack positional awareness at times.

Yes, but he's only 22, is a player of potential whom McKenna thinks he can improve & he isn't a regular starter right now, but is very useful back-up. Hopefully he will have learned something last night.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Clarke not a left back on 14:06 - Nov 2 with 2687 viewsbobbyramsey

He's had a couple of good games but generally I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, looks more of a liability.........
Login to get fewer ads

Clarke not a left back on 15:43 - Nov 2 with 2578 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Clarke not a left back on 13:39 - Nov 2 by Basuco

Harry was pulled infield by their midfielder (not shown on most clips of the goal) and Wilson moved into the space created, it was a very well worked passage of play and was not the fault of any one Town player. IMO.

I would love to know the discussions afterwards between the three of Burgess, Clarke and Walton. They were carrying on until half time and clearly the three of them did not agree with each other.

It goes to show how important an understanding between players and their roles is. I would suggest all three made fairly significant mistakes in the lead up to the first goal.

Overall, our biggest issue was the slowness of our play. The first team do rapid pass and move but last night there was nothing. On the few occasions that Aluko did neatly work some space, he turned back and we didn't progress anywhere.

I actually thought Fulham didn't look as good as Wolves. When we brought the first teamers on against Wolves we looked a far better side. Last night we didn't bring them on until late on and at 3 down it was already game over.

Walton had a terrible game that he will want to forget. He needs to be ready for if he does get a chance. A few more performances like that would give Slicker the chance to leapfrog him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Clarke not a left back on 15:59 - Nov 2 with 2528 viewsGlasgowBlue

Clarke not a left back on 13:24 - Nov 2 by FrimleyBlue

I don't know what his best position is tbh

Attacking right back or wing back.

He Was a massive upgrade on Janoi in an attacking sense when he joined in January.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Clarke not a left back on 16:19 - Nov 2 with 2475 viewsNthQldITFC

Clarke not a left back on 13:51 - Nov 2 by ArnieM

Is that an extremely funny auto-complete typo or deliberate?

'field'?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 16:29]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Clarke not a left back on 16:36 - Nov 2 with 2435 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Clarke not a left back on 15:43 - Nov 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would love to know the discussions afterwards between the three of Burgess, Clarke and Walton. They were carrying on until half time and clearly the three of them did not agree with each other.

It goes to show how important an understanding between players and their roles is. I would suggest all three made fairly significant mistakes in the lead up to the first goal.

Overall, our biggest issue was the slowness of our play. The first team do rapid pass and move but last night there was nothing. On the few occasions that Aluko did neatly work some space, he turned back and we didn't progress anywhere.

I actually thought Fulham didn't look as good as Wolves. When we brought the first teamers on against Wolves we looked a far better side. Last night we didn't bring them on until late on and at 3 down it was already game over.

Walton had a terrible game that he will want to forget. He needs to be ready for if he does get a chance. A few more performances like that would give Slicker the chance to leapfrog him.

Ah, DaveU knows better than that. I am confident I wrote something factually correct, then!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Clarke not a left back on 16:39 - Nov 2 with 2431 viewsWubbleU

Clarke not a left back on 16:19 - Nov 2 by NthQldITFC

'field'?

Surely in that context getting caught out of position often results in being exploited round the back?
Clarke not a left back on 17:54 - Nov 2 with 2323 viewsArnieM

Clarke not a left back on 16:19 - Nov 2 by NthQldITFC

'field'?

Obviously intended. Lol

Nah, I’ll fess up … auto correct typo. But I’m still laughing at it ….
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 17:56]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Clarke not a left back on 18:06 - Nov 2 with 2292 views_clive_baker_

Clarke not a left back on 14:06 - Nov 2 by bobbyramsey

He's had a couple of good games but generally I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, looks more of a liability.........

He's generally been pretty poor defensively and positionally since he arrived IMO. He benefitted from playing in such a dominant side last season and against lesser opposition when the emphasis was more on what he could offer in the opposition half than his own.

Still, he's young, and definitely has all the physical attributes to do well. I think his long term future might be in the middle tbh and I've thought that since he joined. He's not dislodging Woolf any time soon though.
Clarke not a left back on 18:12 - Nov 2 with 2271 viewsOldFart71

Clarke not a left back on 15:43 - Nov 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I thought it was a huge upgrade on our defence when Baggott came on. Can see him a future star. He's everything our other central defenders aren't. Calm on the ball, great reader of the game. Like to see him and Woolfy together. How things change goalie wise. Hladky came in and struggled, Walton took over as No.1 and Hladky had to make do with being the reserve keeper. Walton got injured, Hladky came in and has made some great saves and looks now to be No.1. Nice position to be in having two decent keepers. No doubt Walton was partly at fault last night, but being a bit rusty and having a defence in front of him that looked like they didn't know who was supposed to do what it did make it a difficult night for him.
Clarke not a left back on 18:17 - Nov 2 with 2258 viewsbilllm

Clarke not a left back on 13:01 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

I haven't,
He's filled in there for odd minutes when Leif's replaced,
He's a right back wing back I'd say,
Had a niggly injury no real pre season,
Still has more to offer ahead of donacien for me,
Clarke not a left back on 19:29 - Nov 2 with 2186 viewsbadadski

Clarke not a left back on 18:17 - Nov 2 by billlm

I haven't,
He's filled in there for odd minutes when Leif's replaced,
He's a right back wing back I'd say,
Had a niggly injury no real pre season,
Still has more to offer ahead of donacien for me,

Can’t see how Clarke was to blame - he wasn’t great but Fulham had all the space down that side and constantly had 2 or 3 on 1 or 2 players all night. He had no support from left wing, harness isn’t quick or
Fit enough to get back or quick enough to cause problems either and spent a lot of time drifting inwards. Ladapo also had no ball and was basically a ghost. Not going to blame them as Fulham were good against a put together town team with little threat or pace which is not usually something we lack in.

Good experience and puts us in good stead to see what the step up is going to be like. Plenty of years worth of premier league experience in even the Fulham second string and many many millions of worth of players that in all likely hood were 100 times the value of the town squad.

I took the little one and although disappointed , expected what we got but was happy to see our players get some minutes and at least put in the effort all the way through.
Clarke not a left back on 19:33 - Nov 2 with 2171 viewsnoggin

I'm not convinced he's a defender, fullstop.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Clarke not a left back on 20:10 - Nov 2 with 2089 viewsstonojnr

Clarke not a left back on 13:54 - Nov 2 by Radlett_blue

Yes, but he's only 22, is a player of potential whom McKenna thinks he can improve & he isn't a regular starter right now, but is very useful back-up. Hopefully he will have learned something last night.

He's got potential for sure, definitely a work in progress, fans need to cut him some slack imo, he looked to tire by the end, its probably the first 90mins he's ever played against that kind of opposition, thought he did ok overall.

It's like McKenna says we learn alot from games like that even if the result doesn't go our way.
Clarke not a left back on 20:53 - Nov 2 with 2015 viewsmonty_radio

Clarke not a left back on 19:29 - Nov 2 by badadski

Can’t see how Clarke was to blame - he wasn’t great but Fulham had all the space down that side and constantly had 2 or 3 on 1 or 2 players all night. He had no support from left wing, harness isn’t quick or
Fit enough to get back or quick enough to cause problems either and spent a lot of time drifting inwards. Ladapo also had no ball and was basically a ghost. Not going to blame them as Fulham were good against a put together town team with little threat or pace which is not usually something we lack in.

Good experience and puts us in good stead to see what the step up is going to be like. Plenty of years worth of premier league experience in even the Fulham second string and many many millions of worth of players that in all likely hood were 100 times the value of the town squad.

I took the little one and although disappointed , expected what we got but was happy to see our players get some minutes and at least put in the effort all the way through.

"Plenty of years worth of premier league experience in even the Fulham second string and many many millions of worth of players that in all likely hood were 100 times the value of the town squad".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
Yeah - I thought, for all the analysis that I've been offered, that last night epitomised a bridge too far, namely ex League One Reserves (which many on show effectively were last season) v Premier League £million back-ups.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Clarke not a left back on 21:06 - Nov 2 with 1995 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tbf, Harry Wilson recently peed all over a very experienced and good quality Croatia back line. I think he’s overrated, but he is decent when on form. I know he’s missed a bit of football this season but it looks like he’s come back strong (I assume it’s Wilson you’re talking about).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Clarke not a left back on 21:12 - Nov 2 with 1970 viewstcblue

For that first goal, Clarke is perhaps the LEAST at fault of all the back five.

Watch it again and see if you can see where Burgess and JD are. I don't know why they're both playing right wing at that point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024