Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January 13:48 - Nov 2 with 4490 viewswkj

Lets hear em en'

I know we discussed Armstrong and Whittaker a bit this season, so I will omit those from my own scouting list. A player who has impressed in L1 this season is Charlton's Blackett-Taylor. 26 years of age, 5 goals, 5 assists and I believe he's out of contract in the summer with this season being his extension year.

He didn't look to bad against us either. This might not be the calibre of signing we're needing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he'd been on our scouting radar.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 13:53 - Nov 2 with 3185 viewsKieran_Knows

A bit like January this year, if we're in and around the top 6 still, I think we'll act early and get players through the door within the first 10 days or so again.

Centre back
Centre mid
Number 10 (maybe someone who can play centre mid as well - meaning we'd only need 1 player)
Striker - I think this will be a top loan signing, with the view to becoming permanent deal next summer.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 13:54]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:04 - Nov 2 with 3132 viewsParky

Rhian Brewster, Amad Diallo and Chris Richards.
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:04 - Nov 2 with 3127 viewsKieran_Knows

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:04 - Nov 2 by Parky

Rhian Brewster, Amad Diallo and Chris Richards.

If we got those 3, christ on a bike.

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:08 - Nov 2 with 3097 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Rak Sakyi was the obvious one, but Omari has been good so that may not be a necessity. But if we did want to beef up the wide areas, I know that Palace fans are pretty unhappy about how Roy dug out JRS in a post game interview, and I still think he would be a top player at this level.

But the priority has to be Cm and St.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:09 - Nov 2 with 3097 viewsParky

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:04 - Nov 2 by Kieran_Knows

If we got those 3, christ on a bike.

Pretty wishful thinking, admittedly!
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:09 - Nov 2 with 3096 viewscbower

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 13:53 - Nov 2 by Kieran_Knows

A bit like January this year, if we're in and around the top 6 still, I think we'll act early and get players through the door within the first 10 days or so again.

Centre back
Centre mid
Number 10 (maybe someone who can play centre mid as well - meaning we'd only need 1 player)
Striker - I think this will be a top loan signing, with the view to becoming permanent deal next summer.

All out for a striker to genuinely compete with Hirst. Loan or permanent, the drop off when Hirst is goosed is significant. Were he to get an injury that kept him out more than one or two games, the effects would be very damaging.

bluescouser

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:12 - Nov 2 with 3076 viewstractordownsouth

Not sure on the identity of the players themselves but purely in terms of numbers I'd bring in three, in the positions where there's the biggest gap in quality between the first choice and backup option.

Left Back - a permanent signing, ideally a youngster who's happy to be the backup with a view to them continuing in that role if we go up or becoming first choice if we stay down and have to sell Davis.

Central Midfielder - When Morsy is away/suspended, it's a huge miss. I highly doubt we'll be able to attract anybody as good, but just having somebody who's strong in the tackle and can protect the defence will suffice.

Striker - Somebody who can do the Hirst role. This would have to be a loan because of the money involved. I don't think that's a bad thing either because in January we're likely to get a higher calibre of player in that market. Rightly or wrongly, we're seen as the team most likely to fall away at the top, so convincing a player to join us for six months rather than committing their future to us long term may be easier.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:19 - Nov 2 with 3045 viewsVegtablue

Don't know but Philogene has been awesome of late, what a shame he went to Hull and cost £5 million.
Login to get fewer ads

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:20 - Nov 2 with 3034 viewsBiGDonnie

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 13:53 - Nov 2 by Kieran_Knows

Centre back
Centre mid

We've got 5 centre backs so I'd be surprised if we go for another.

Striker
Centre Mid
Attacking midfielder

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:21 - Nov 2 with 3021 viewsKeno

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:19 - Nov 2 by Vegtablue

Don't know but Philogene has been awesome of late, what a shame he went to Hull and cost £5 million.

Philogene signing would be a thriller

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:23 - Nov 2 with 3012 viewsKieran_Knows

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:20 - Nov 2 by BiGDonnie

We've got 5 centre backs so I'd be surprised if we go for another.

Striker
Centre Mid
Attacking midfielder

The player we was after on deadline day in the summer was a centre back ... so McKenna clearly felt (at the time) it was an area he wanted to strengthen. That may have changed now of course with the good start to the season.

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:26 - Nov 2 with 2979 viewsBiGDonnie

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:23 - Nov 2 by Kieran_Knows

The player we was after on deadline day in the summer was a centre back ... so McKenna clearly felt (at the time) it was an area he wanted to strengthen. That may have changed now of course with the good start to the season.

Do you know who it was? Maybe signing Tanz changed that. Unless we're looking to loan out Baggot?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:37 - Nov 2 with 2924 viewscatch74

I think quite a few were talking about Sinclair- Armstrong after the QPR game. Raw talent, McKenna would be perfect for him. Sounds like QPR are trying to tie him down to a 5 year deal, whilst Palace and Celtic keeping tabs on him.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:38 - Nov 2 with 2923 viewsVegtablue

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:26 - Nov 2 by BiGDonnie

Do you know who it was? Maybe signing Tanz changed that. Unless we're looking to loan out Baggot?

We nearly landed Luke McNally according to reports (loan, Burnley) but Stoke pipped us. Stoke did a lot of eye-catching business in the summer and much closer to home of course.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/luke-mcnally/profil/spieler/535927
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:39 - Nov 2 with 2910 viewsHerbivore

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:12 - Nov 2 by tractordownsouth

Not sure on the identity of the players themselves but purely in terms of numbers I'd bring in three, in the positions where there's the biggest gap in quality between the first choice and backup option.

Left Back - a permanent signing, ideally a youngster who's happy to be the backup with a view to them continuing in that role if we go up or becoming first choice if we stay down and have to sell Davis.

Central Midfielder - When Morsy is away/suspended, it's a huge miss. I highly doubt we'll be able to attract anybody as good, but just having somebody who's strong in the tackle and can protect the defence will suffice.

Striker - Somebody who can do the Hirst role. This would have to be a loan because of the money involved. I don't think that's a bad thing either because in January we're likely to get a higher calibre of player in that market. Rightly or wrongly, we're seen as the team most likely to fall away at the top, so convincing a player to join us for six months rather than committing their future to us long term may be easier.

Agree with this. Now Williams has cemented himself as starting right back it means we lack cover for Davis so that's a must. Centre mid we need someone better than Ball for that more combative role as cover for Morsy and competition for places. A striker closer to Hirst in style and ability is also a must. Rest of the pitch I think we look fine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:47 - Nov 2 with 2878 viewsVegtablue

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:12 - Nov 2 by tractordownsouth

Luongo will leave a massive hole during the Asia Cup too if he goes, and I anticipate he will after being reintegrated into the Australian setup. Morsy will likely have served his second suspension by then if he continues the current frequency, so hopefully we won't lose all continuity in the middle. Much more confident Morsy isn't selected by Egypt given he was reintroduced but hasn't been turned to since.
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:01 - Nov 2 with 2826 viewsitfcjoe

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:39 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

Agree with this. Now Williams has cemented himself as starting right back it means we lack cover for Davis so that's a must. Centre mid we need someone better than Ball for that more combative role as cover for Morsy and competition for places. A striker closer to Hirst in style and ability is also a must. Rest of the pitch I think we look fine.

Surely if anything happens to Davis you just play Williams there with Clarke at RB, are we going to get a better back up than that? Seems unlikely

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:01 - Nov 2 with 2822 views_clive_baker_

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 14:19 - Nov 2 by Vegtablue

He's so good. I still don't understand why Villa let him go for £5m. Of course they're doing very well so perhaps don't need him now but he looked unplayable at Cardiff last season, England U21 international, it just seems like such a bargain when you consider how good he might be. Just looks a player destined to play premier league football if you ask me.
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:04 - Nov 2 with 2799 viewsRobTheMonk

Defensive CM is a must. Ball doesn't look good enough on the ball and Taylor is a more attacking player.

I do wonder if we'll look to get an experienced head in on loan to cover Mass and Morsy potentially being away.
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:13 - Nov 2 with 2761 viewsITFCMonk

Arguably a couple of additions to provide cover in the wide areas would be handy as we seemed to have transitioned from the wing back system to the one we play now - can anyone point me out when this was? As we have no real out and out replacements aside from Hutchinson being used on both wings. A backup left back would make sense with Williams now naturally right sided.

In terms of upgrades, whilst we have options up front, we should really target a proven goal scorer even though I think KM (or Hirst?) has explained we are a team to share the goals. Can’t really think of any names off the top of my head to be honest.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 15:22]
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:17 - Nov 2 with 2738 viewsFrimleyBlue

Recall Idris
Send out humphreys on league 1 loan
Sign armstrong from southampton
Sign sara from nodge
sell ahadme
sell ball
un register aluko
un register evans
sign Diallo loan
Pre contract williams
agree 2 year extension on Hutch loan

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:17 - Nov 2 with 2743 viewsHerbivore

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:01 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

Surely if anything happens to Davis you just play Williams there with Clarke at RB, are we going to get a better back up than that? Seems unlikely

Feel it still leaves us short though, especially with how much work our FBs get through. Not sure Donacien is good enough cover and feels like we're overstocked at RB with only our first choice RB able to cover well enough for our first choice LB.

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:45 - Nov 2 with 2638 viewstractorboy1978

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:17 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

Feel it still leaves us short though, especially with how much work our FBs get through. Not sure Donacien is good enough cover and feels like we're overstocked at RB with only our first choice RB able to cover well enough for our first choice LB.

I think really think we should be priming Humphreys to play that LWB role. He's got an incredible engine, great delivery and fairly combative. Played that role a fair bit in the youth teams. If we continue to progress, it is going to get harder and harder for him to break through in the CM or CAM positions.
Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 16:15 - Nov 2 with 2562 viewsHerbivore

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:45 - Nov 2 by tractorboy1978

I think really think we should be priming Humphreys to play that LWB role. He's got an incredible engine, great delivery and fairly combative. Played that role a fair bit in the youth teams. If we continue to progress, it is going to get harder and harder for him to break through in the CM or CAM positions.

Possibly. I'm certainly not against the idea if it means he gets more minutes and if he's good enough to cover that role at this level.

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 16:25 - Nov 2 with 2524 viewscbower

Forum Football Manager: Signings for January on 15:01 - Nov 2 by itfcjoe

Spot on. Up top is where we are light. That has to be the focus for January imho. We would be in trouble were Hirst to get injured.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024