Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Chocolate Bars 14:23 - Nov 2 with 10227 viewsChurchman

To lighten the mood and thinking of the good ole Christmas Selection Box, I was wondering what peoples’ preferences were?

Excluding a bar of Cadburys Milk, for me it has to be a Mars Bar. It is a wonderful creation. Just pop it in the fridge. When chilled take a sharp knife and cut into chunks in the wrapper to retain any chocolate shards. Slice the wrapper length ways and a parcel of joy will be there before you.

Unsurpassed.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 15:59]
Best Chocolate Bars on 15:27 - Nov 3 with 1302 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Boost.

Discussion over.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Best Chocolate Bars on 15:30 - Nov 3 with 1299 viewsChurchman

Best Chocolate Bars on 12:44 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

Yeah, that's crazy talk. Mint and chocolate go together like Woolfy at the back and Chappers in attack.

I’m not saying they don’t. They’re a good thing. I’m just not fussed, with the exception of mint aero which was a big thumbs up. There are just better chocolate bars. Mint or a toffee crisp? Or a crunchie? Milky Way? Ripple? Flake? Mars? Kit Kat? Even a Twix. Honestly, the minty stuff is after such delights.
Best Chocolate Bars on 16:09 - Nov 3 with 1231 viewsHerbivore

Best Chocolate Bars on 15:30 - Nov 3 by Churchman

I’m not saying they don’t. They’re a good thing. I’m just not fussed, with the exception of mint aero which was a big thumbs up. There are just better chocolate bars. Mint or a toffee crisp? Or a crunchie? Milky Way? Ripple? Flake? Mars? Kit Kat? Even a Twix. Honestly, the minty stuff is after such delights.

I'd take Mintolas over a couple of those you suggest but I take your point. The important thing is we've outed leitrimblue as an absolute wrong un who doesn't like mint chocolate.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 16:09]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:31 - Nov 3 with 1202 viewsJ2BLUE

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:09 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

I'd take Mintolas over a couple of those you suggest but I take your point. The important thing is we've outed leitrimblue as an absolute wrong un who doesn't like mint chocolate.

It's a last resort for me. I would never pick mint chocolate if I had a choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:33 - Nov 3 with 1198 viewsChurchman

Harsh…….. but fair
Best Chocolate Bars on 16:37 - Nov 3 with 1192 viewsleitrimblue

I could probably force down a few After Eights after the appropriate time of an evening. But chocolate containing alcohol, never!
Best Chocolate Bars on 16:40 - Nov 3 with 1184 viewsHerbivore

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:37 - Nov 3 by leitrimblue

I could probably force down a few After Eights after the appropriate time of an evening. But chocolate containing alcohol, never!

I don't mind a champagne truffle because I'm a classy babe, but generally I agree that chocolate and alcohol isn't a great combo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:48 - Nov 3 with 1165 viewsChurchman

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:37 - Nov 3 by leitrimblue

Not even those little chocolate bottles containing a tiny drop of something? Liqueurs in other words. You could get them with tiny little labels and everything. You could even get them in France without that scab like sugar coating inside them. A good thing.

Forget about all that poncy liqueur nonsense. A few cubes of cadburys dairy milk in the gob, a good swig of single malt scotch at the same time, masticate, swirl annd swallow and you have a late Christmas night treat. And free gut ache in the middle of the night. All good!

This is for another thread and is not about chocolate bars.

Milky Way. They were always nice but you needed two to make them worth the effort.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 16:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:52 - Nov 3 with 1148 viewsBuhrer

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:48 - Nov 3 by Churchman

Not even those little chocolate bottles containing a tiny drop of something? Liqueurs in other words. You could get them with tiny little labels and everything. You could even get them in France without that scab like sugar coating inside them. A good thing.

Forget about all that poncy liqueur nonsense. A few cubes of cadburys dairy milk in the gob, a good swig of single malt scotch at the same time, masticate, swirl annd swallow and you have a late Christmas night treat. And free gut ache in the middle of the night. All good!

Milky Way. They were always nice but you needed two to make them worth the effort.

I'm very glad you clarified the issue with Milky Ways as previously I had scoffed at you including this snack sized Mars bar minus the good bits. Eating more than one at a time does salve this upset a little.
Best Chocolate Bars on 16:54 - Nov 3 with 1142 viewswkj

How about the best Chocolate Bra?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:00 - Nov 3 with 1132 viewsleitrimblue

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:48 - Nov 3 by Churchman

No couldn't touch those little chocolate bottles things. Think that's possibly where my original alcohol an chocolate
hatred comes from. Would possibly try yer Cadbury Dairy Milk and a swig of Whisky recipe at xmas though.
Best Chocolate Bars on 17:00 - Nov 3 with 1132 viewsBuhrer

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:54 - Nov 3 by wkj

How about the best Chocolate Bra?

Thzt could be viewed as possibly sexist...... let's keep the thread inclusive please

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:00 - Nov 3 with 1132 viewsRyorry

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:40 - Nov 3 by Herbivore

I don't mind a champagne truffle because I'm a classy babe, but generally I agree that chocolate and alcohol isn't a great combo.

Ditto orange flavoured chocolate & coffee flavoured chocolate. Both completely artificial flavoours that taste nothing like the real thing - all they do is ruin an otherwise decent bar of choc.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:01 - Nov 3 with 1131 viewsChurchman

Best Chocolate Bars on 16:52 - Nov 3 by Buhrer

I'm very glad you clarified the issue with Milky Ways as previously I had scoffed at you including this snack sized Mars bar minus the good bits. Eating more than one at a time does salve this upset a little.

Pah! Snack size = small. And proportionately more expensive. You’ll find no evidence of me championing snack size anything!
Best Chocolate Bars on 17:03 - Nov 3 with 1112 viewswkj

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:00 - Nov 3 by Buhrer

Thzt could be viewed as possibly sexist...... let's keep the thread inclusive please

Well now I've seen it all, chocolate arseholes

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:07 - Nov 3 with 1080 viewsRyorry

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:00 - Nov 3 by Buhrer

You might not have man-boobs yourself, but you can't be sure that applies to all the men on here ...

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:08 - Nov 3 with 1068 viewsgainsboroughblue

Star Bar.

End thread.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:09 - Nov 3 with 1062 viewsChurchman

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:00 - Nov 3 by Ryorry

Ditto orange flavoured chocolate & coffee flavoured chocolate. Both completely artificial flavoours that taste nothing like the real thing - all they do is ruin an otherwise decent bar of choc.

Yes, but a Terrys Chocolate Orange was always a good thing. Especially chilled. Pity it’s been reduced in size to a chocolate ping pong ball.

But again, this is a Christmas treat, not a chocolate bar and as a general rule orange in a chocolate bar is not the best choice.
Best Chocolate Bars on 17:19 - Nov 3 with 1034 viewsBuhrer

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:09 - Nov 3 by Churchman

Yes, but a Terrys Chocolate Orange was always a good thing. Especially chilled. Pity it’s been reduced in size to a chocolate ping pong ball.

But again, this is a Christmas treat, not a chocolate bar and as a general rule orange in a chocolate bar is not the best choice.

My wife loves a chocolate orange, if I buy her one she will roll it about all over the kitchen table, bouncing it gently up and down. We both love the moment when she gets the crack out. I'm off to Tescos.
Best Chocolate Bars on 17:20 - Nov 3 with 1030 viewsBuhrer

Best Chocolate Bars on 17:03 - Nov 3 by wkj

Well now I've seen it all, chocolate arseholes

Thats Christmas sorted here.
Best Chocolate Bars on 21:05 - Nov 3 with 948 viewsronnyd

Best Chocolate Bars on 20:04 - Nov 2 by Buhrer

Its okay to try something different occasionally

Best Chocolate Bars on 21:13 - Nov 3 with 944 viewsronnyd

Best Chocolate Bars on 12:30 - Nov 3 by Buhrer

To be honest the ones I used to glut on in the 80s weren't Mintolas or after eights, some other brand...

Used to buy my late Mum a cheaper version of After Eights from Poundland. They tasted much better and she loved 'em. Can't remember what they were called though.
Best Chocolate Bars on 22:03 - Nov 3 with 934 viewsBluesky

Best Chocolate Bars on 12:27 - Nov 3 by leitrimblue

Can't help but think that would be better washed down with a Tizer or a chocolate milk

Oh yeah. Jamaica Rum n Raisin… I’d quite forgotten. Best on the coach home after school footie match away..
Best Chocolate Bars on 00:27 - Nov 4 with 898 viewsITFCson

Just found a caramel latte Daim bar in my Snack Surprise box from Sweden. Very nice although I appreciate coffee and chocolate combo's divide opinion.
Best Chocolate Bars on 06:59 - Nov 4 with 879 viewsBuhrer

Best Chocolate Bars on 15:27 - Nov 3 by ParisBlue

I'm loathe to praise anything australian, but Tim Tams are the right answer..

If the question is "whats an Antipodean Penguin 'biscuit' that is sized for children" then that's the answer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024