Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up 17:09 - Nov 4 with 2336 viewsBlueBadger

Who have thought that a committed, hardworking player like him would do well in the Championship? You never see them in this division.

In KM we trust, COYB.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:11 - Nov 4 with 2262 viewsbilllm

Thought he was our best player pre injury last season now showing in the championship why McKenna values him,
I like the guy good player,
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:12 - Nov 4 with 2229 viewspointofblue

I think it shows how well the coaching staff work with players. Scarlett showed signs of promise today as well, after a shaky start.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:14 - Nov 4 with 2209 viewsBlueschev

He’s pretty dashing too, if we’re all being honest.
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:14 - Nov 4 with 2186 viewswkj

I did. I watched him a lot last year during transitional play - his positioning and off-the-ball movement is excellent

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I hold my hand up, I didn’t think Scarlett was as good as McKenna stated on 17:16 - Nov 4 with 2167 viewsunstableblue

He was sensational today

Game changing

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:18 - Nov 4 with 2147 viewsblueM3

Surely has to start over Chaplin from now on. Unfortunately Chaplin has been a bit lost in most games. He seems to be in and out of the action and trying too hard at times to force things to happen.

Lovely player on his day, but maybe just needs a rest for harness to have a run. Unfortunately can’t keep Chaplin playing just for a good season last year
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:36 - Nov 4 with 2052 viewsWacko

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:18 - Nov 4 by blueM3

Surely has to start over Chaplin from now on. Unfortunately Chaplin has been a bit lost in most games. He seems to be in and out of the action and trying too hard at times to force things to happen.

Lovely player on his day, but maybe just needs a rest for harness to have a run. Unfortunately can’t keep Chaplin playing just for a good season last year

Or we keep him as a super sub, it’s a squad game and I think you underestimate the work Chaplin does to prepare the game for someone like Harness to thrive. We literally had that with Freddie last season too

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 1973 viewsGeoffSentence

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:14 - Nov 4 by wkj

I did. I watched him a lot last year during transitional play - his positioning and off-the-ball movement is excellent

He can pick a pass and can finish too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:47 - Nov 4 with 1970 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Also another reason why it is utterly futile to scapegoat/write players off when they wear the blue.

Ditto with Harry Clarke
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:50 - Nov 4 with 1933 viewsVic

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:18 - Nov 4 by blueM3

I’m assuming you’re looking for some bites?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:17 - Nov 4 with 1828 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:14 - Nov 4 by wkj

You’re far more insightful than me then. Second half of last season all I saw was him chasing shadows in no man’s land and having the first touch of a trampoline.

I’m equally amazed, delighted for him and pleased for us that he’s re-found some form. He seems like a lovely guy too (don’t they all?), so I’m genuinely chuffed he’s getting a spot in the limelight.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:43 - Nov 4 with 1738 viewsblueM3

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 17:50 - Nov 4 by Vic

I’m assuming you’re looking for some bites?

No. Are you with this response?

If you can tell me that Chaplin has been more effective than harness THIS season, then by all means go ahead. But to me, Marcus Harness has proved more of a threat when he’s on the pitch than Chaplin has so far.
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:47 - Nov 4 with 1725 viewsGlasgowBlue

As with Hladky, I did.

People writing off Marcus Harness by GlasgowBlue 15 Jul 2023 11:50
One of the standout players in the first half of last season before his injury and he's started pre season like a man on a mission.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:49 - Nov 4 with 1720 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:43 - Nov 4 by blueM3

If you can tell me that Chaplin has been more effective than harness THIS season, then by all means go ahead. But to me, Marcus Harness has proved more of a threat when he’s on the pitch than Chaplin has so far.

Harness has made some good impact from the bench in the last few games, but Chappers is one of the players of the division so far. That comes with a price as he’s very much a marked man.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:51 - Nov 4 with 1706 viewsazuremerlangus

Same here. I had him as surplus to requirements in the summer but is far from that with recent performances.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:56 - Nov 4 with 1692 viewsGuthrum

Is Harness as good starting as he is coming on for the last 20 or 30 minutes?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 19:05 - Nov 4 with 1664 viewsVic

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:43 - Nov 4 by blueM3

Not at all. As someone has said, Chappers is one of the top performers in the division, his link play, movement, and goals scored are all excellent. Don’t forget he is one of the top scorers in the league this season.

Don’t get me wrong, Harness has done excellently this season - his general all round play when he comes on has gone up a notch this season. He’s a good player and I’d say great to have as a sub. But starting over Chappers? I think not.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 19:06 - Nov 4 with 1659 viewsGeoffSentence

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 18:56 - Nov 4 by Guthrum

Is Harness as good starting as he is coming on for the last 20 or 30 minutes?

started against Hull. Was excellent. Scored.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 19:13 - Nov 4 with 1632 viewsChurchman

Having seen him live for the first time this season, positioning and off the ball movement was the first thing I noticed about him too. Harness also has really good awareness of who is around him, opposition and team mates. Good finisher too - that second goal was a heck of a hit.

He’s a very good player.
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 19:53 - Nov 4 with 1544 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Chaplin has certainly not been lost in most games, I can only deduce that you don’t see the team live much. If McKenna starts Chaplin, then that is the right decision, how hard is this at this point?
I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 20:50 - Nov 4 with 1469 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Met his mum and girlfriend in the Black Horse before the Exeter game last season. They had a spare ticket which we couldn't use but I'm on a promise for our last game of this season so very glad to see him still here and doing well. They were both very down to earth.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I'll hold my hands up, I didn't think Harness could make the step up on 23:09 - Nov 4 with 1329 viewsBlueForYou

Thought he was a classy player when at Portsmouth. Great to have him at Ipswich, whether as a starter or a bench player. Maybe he’s just lost some confidence recently, but that 2nd goal strike will erase any doubts. Superb finish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024