Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek 17:40 - Nov 4 with 2230 viewsMullet

Terrible conditions, players off it all over the pitch, poor passes, lack of our usual rhythm and the sort of own goal you just can't legislate for. At 2-0 down I did wonder what had happened to us.

Laird looked like a Prem player and Stansfield the sort of player we might want to pursue in January. Meanwhile it seemed like Morsy and Luongo just couldn't get hold of the game. The one real highlight throughout for me was Omari Hutchinson's runs and movement. Lad looks like he could trap a unicorn.

But what makes us great is the fact teams always have to score so much to beat us. Harness and Scarlett rightly grabbed the eyeballs with those displays, but I think all the subs did something that helped carve up Brum to take a point back.

Think this is why we are going to be such a problem for the rest of the division. We just don't quit or let our heads drop. No matter how critical and granular you want to be about individual and collective missteps out there today, we went away and got something.

Bloody brilliant.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:42 - Nov 4 with 2188 viewspointofblue

That was Laird's first start since August due to a hamstring injury, apparently.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:45 - Nov 4 with 2162 viewsMullet

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:42 - Nov 4 by pointofblue

That was Laird's first start since August due to a hamstring injury, apparently.

Yep, think it's easy just to slate Clarke as he didn't measure up to Laird or Williams today in terms of performance but you can imagine several of the players at half time deserved a rocket.

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 2135 viewsbluefunk

One other point, there was no way they could maintain that press all game. Their intensity dropped second half and didn’t reappear until their late subs, by which time momentum had shifted with McKennas excellent substitutions.
Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 2119 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Judging by the size of him now, the voodoo granny runs a pie shop

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:48 - Nov 4 with 2083 viewsbackwaywhen

To be fair Birmingham ran themselves into the ground with their quick high press , never going to last 90 mins , and that’s when we came into our own ….IMHO
Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:49 - Nov 4 with 2079 viewsMullet

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:46 - Nov 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Judging by the size of him now, the voodoo granny runs a pie shop

I did remark he looked like every bloke who deals in the bogs at every boxing/mma show I've been. Not sure why a bloke with all that cash would present himself as such an unflattering stereotype.

Was always going to be a player that ballooned once he retired. Proper throwback in every sense.

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:53 - Nov 4 with 2024 viewspimballwizard

erm Her name is Coleen.
Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 18:44 - Nov 4 with 1872 viewsGuthrum

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:48 - Nov 4 by backwaywhen

To be fair Birmingham ran themselves into the ground with their quick high press , never going to last 90 mins , and that’s when we came into our own ….IMHO

Which is what the problem is for our opponents. They need to do that high-energy pressing in order to stop us playing. But in doing so they so often run themselves into the ground.

Plus, usually, our subs > their subs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 18:46 - Nov 4 with 1854 viewsMullet

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 17:48 - Nov 4 by backwaywhen

Yep, but it takes a lot when you go down 2 goals to come back like that. Whilst we can be frustrated with how we conceded, to get to 70 odd mins and start a fight back is the kind of think we've not seen since Mick's ability to create that backs to the wall mentality.

It's not something we've necessarily needed much of this season but it's very good we don't crumble. Whilst having such a good depth and connection.

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 18:57 - Nov 4 with 1782 viewsChurchman

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 18:46 - Nov 4 by Mullet

Yep, but it takes a lot when you go down 2 goals to come back like that. Whilst we can be frustrated with how we conceded, to get to 70 odd mins and start a fight back is the kind of think we've not seen since Mick's ability to create that backs to the wall mentality.

It's not something we've necessarily needed much of this season but it's very good we don't crumble. Whilst having such a good depth and connection.

Not giving up gets you a long way in sport just as it does in life. You don’t yield, you don’t stop. Even on Weds despite being second best and obviously going to lose, they did just that.

I absolutely love that trait in this team. Regardless of their limitations it’s a team to be proud of.
POST OF THE DAY on 19:17 - Nov 4 with 1737 viewsunstableblue

Love it when we agree Mullet

Think some of the TWTD Hivemind have lost the plot today and are focussed on the weak Town play of the first half - that was the rain, Rooney firing them up, our rust being shaken off, and some of the recent luck leaving us

But we then showed as you state ‘what makes us great’

We ran towards adversity - and owned it

I personally think this was a season defining game

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 19:54 - Nov 4 with 1646 viewsMullet

If you can stand trawling through this for 3 pages of hubris turning into heartbreak it's a great insight into them lot.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/154186-todays-games/#comments

Also the word "binners" is even more pathetic than the breadth of surnames amongst their fans.

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 07:35 - Nov 5 with 1403 viewsStevieH

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 19:54 - Nov 4 by Mullet

If you can stand trawling through this for 3 pages of hubris turning into heartbreak it's a great insight into them lot.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/154186-todays-games/#comments

Also the word "binners" is even more pathetic than the breadth of surnames amongst their fans.

“I was all set to troll them on instagram “
Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 08:21 - Nov 5 with 1324 viewsfranz_tyson

Hmmmmm.... actually, I didn't rate Hutchisons performance until the subs arrived. Thought he was a cert to be subbed TBH. The subs seemed to lift his performance.
Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 08:48 - Nov 5 with 1272 viewsMullet

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 07:35 - Nov 5 by StevieH

“I was all set to troll them on instagram “

Ooof! Take that us, with our big lead on 3rd etc whilst they sit towards relegation

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 09:01 - Nov 5 with 1232 viewsnorfsufblue

Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 08:21 - Nov 5 by franz_tyson

Hmmmmm.... actually, I didn't rate Hutchisons performance until the subs arrived. Thought he was a cert to be subbed TBH. The subs seemed to lift his performance.

I actually agree with you.... Good job it KMc in charge and not us eh..... it seems he knows exactly what we need!
Thought Rooney has shagged some sort of voodoo granny midweek on 11:00 - Nov 5 with 1071 viewsEdwardStone

Spot on, particularly the point about not letting heads drop and having the spirit to fight back and salvage something.

I think that is exactly the kind of match that we would have lost a few seasons ago

And some of our players would have been comfortable about that.

Very, very comfortable about that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024