Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? 21:02 - Nov 14 with 7306 viewsSitfcB

Inspired by the lady at Rotherham last week, who’s made it to 90, and a tweet I’ve just seen.

76 for me here

(Including Portman Road)
((Including friendlies))
(((Including old grounds, so x 2 for AFC Wimbledon for example, x 1 for West Ham, Upton Park)))
((((No non league grounds inc))))

2 abroad - one in Ireland and one in Holland.

[EDIT - Up to 82 now, Huish Park, Roots Hall, Glandford Park and The Hive + the two foreign ones]

(I know these are non league but they’re ‘proper grounds’) (worms are in the can)

I’ll add another one next week, finally!
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 22:03]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:10 - Nov 15 with 1197 viewsRyorry

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:05 - Nov 15 by PhilTWTD

Been through a few cars getting to that number!

How many have broken down getting there or back?!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:15 - Nov 15 with 1181 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:10 - Nov 15 by Ryorry

And how many more does he wish had on the way there?!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:18 - Nov 15 with 1180 viewsbaxterbasics

Weeeell prepare to be rocked...

Colchester (Layer Rd)
Crewe
MK Dons (when it was the Hockey Stadium)
West Ham (Upton Park)

Think that's it - must try harder.

(have also seen matches at Old Trafford and whatever Bolton call their Ikea stadium now but those weren't Town)

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:18 - Nov 15 with 1178 viewsRyorry

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 14:43 - Nov 15 by blueprint

When did they turn the pitch at Wolves?

By "turning" a pitch" do you mean relaying all of the grass at right angles to how it was? Or? 🤔

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:18 - Nov 15 with 1179 viewsPhilTWTD

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:10 - Nov 15 by Ryorry

I missed a game at Millwall in about 2004 due to breaking down. I also had a car die on the way back from a Roy Keane press conference. It clearly lost its nerve.
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:20 - Nov 15 with 1167 viewsRyorry

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:18 - Nov 15 by PhilTWTD

I missed a game at Millwall in about 2004 due to breaking down. I also had a car die on the way back from a Roy Keane press conference. It clearly lost its nerve.

Those Were The not so good Days.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 17:40]

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:56 - Nov 15 with 1151 viewsPhilTWTD

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:20 - Nov 15 by Ryorry

Those Were The not so good Days.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 17:40]

Indeed, although we lost at Millwall, so I didn't miss too much. And regarding the press conference, at least it was on the way back so I didn't face the wrath of Roy.
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 18:11 - Nov 15 with 1133 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:56 - Nov 15 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, although we lost at Millwall, so I didn't miss too much. And regarding the press conference, at least it was on the way back so I didn't face the wrath of Roy.

Surely if it had broken down on the way to THAT one, it would have saved you from it!

Login to get fewer ads

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 18:27 - Nov 15 with 1120 viewsRyorry

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 09:14 - Nov 15 by Danny_G

I think the highest total of the current 92 that you could possibly have watched Town in, including friendlies and cup games and assuming you're at least in your mid-50s, is 83. To my knowledge, we've not played at the current grounds of Manchester City, Spurs, Brentford, West Ham, Salford, Harrogate, Sutton or Newport. Plus I think we've only played at Northampton's current ground when fans were banned during coronavirus.

Edit: it's at least 84 as we played a friendly at Sixfields in 1996. And we played a friendly at Spurs but without a crowd.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 10:15]

Did you count the one at Odsal Stadium in Bradford when Valley Parade was being rebuilt after the tragedy of the 1985 fire though?

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 19:01 - Nov 15 with 1089 viewsMK1

Think I am on 72-73 grounds. Strangely, never been to Brighton. (no idea why)
I have been to well over 100 grounds, but not with Ipswich. (non-league, internationals and foreign grounds. Most of Serie A and La Liga grounds covered)
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 19:15 - Nov 15 with 1083 viewsskinnybob72

My son (10) decided Town were his team in the Champ relegation season and we really only started following properly after Covid but we're on 36 grounds so far following Town. Long term we hope to do all 92 league grounds but it's unlikely all will be with Town! Made the trips to Exeter & Plymouth last season to get the further away grounds out the way.

When we're not following Town we do the SPFL / Lowland / East of Scotland Leagues and have a total of 46 grounds there.
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 19:56 - Nov 15 with 1058 viewsSitfcB

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 10:53 - Nov 15 by Kieran_Knows

I've done 46 out of the 92, and will add West Brom next weekend taking me to 47.

Other grounds I have been too not included in the above;
West Ham - Upton Park
Brentford - Griffin Park
Southend United - Roots Hall
Scunthorpe United - Glanford Park
AFC Sudbury - The MEL Group Stadium
England - Wembley Stadium (new one - Euro 2020 (although played in 2021)
England - (AS Saint-Étienne) Stade Geoffroy-Guichard Stadium (Euro 2016)

Scottish Premier League;
Hearts - Tynecastle

League of Ireland Premier Division;
Shamrock Rovers - Tallaght Stadium

Bundesliga (at the time);
Hertha Berlin - Olympiastadion

Austrian Bundesliga;
Austria Vienna - Ernst-Happel-Stadion (this is the national stadium as their ground at the time was being redeveloped)

MLS;
Orlando City - Exploria Stadium
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 12:41]

West Brom will be a new one for me as well, number 73 out of the 92, it’s always escaped me.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 20:10 - Nov 15 with 1052 viewsPhilTWTD

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 18:11 - Nov 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Surely if it had broken down on the way to THAT one, it would have saved you from it!

That's true. I was late once as someone overturned their car on the only direct road out of where I live, leading to a 45-minute detour. I apologised and Roy told me he'd never been late to anything in his life, despite a press conference a few weeks earlier having been postponed as he was unable to get his car out of his drive in Aldeburgh due to snow.
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 20:27 - Nov 15 with 1032 viewsgainsboroughblue

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 20:10 - Nov 15 by PhilTWTD

That's true. I was late once as someone overturned their car on the only direct road out of where I live, leading to a 45-minute detour. I apologised and Roy told me he'd never been late to anything in his life, despite a press conference a few weeks earlier having been postponed as he was unable to get his car out of his drive in Aldeburgh due to snow.

He was late to quite a few challenges in his career.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 21:50 - Nov 15 with 985 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Technically he was correct then. Clearly when running late he just didn't bother. Would fit with his general arrogance!

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 09:49 - Nov 16 with 929 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Ha. The one time I met him he was about 90 mins late and it was fairly obvious he didn’t want to be there at first (I was with somebody from the ME group that Roy was asked to meet, and Roy had been with the main man that morning). He did perk up a bit when a female colleague of mine turned up and decided to stay for lunch. Found him interesting, reasonably relaxed but his actions often contradicted his words. This was at a members club in London, which he’s now a member of himself I believe, so he was at least happy with the venue! We got absolutely hammered on the pitch a few days later and I bumped into him after the game - he ignored me!!
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 10:12 - Nov 16 with 920 viewsunbelievablue

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 09:49 - Nov 16 by PrideOfTheEast

Ha. The one time I met him he was about 90 mins late and it was fairly obvious he didn’t want to be there at first (I was with somebody from the ME group that Roy was asked to meet, and Roy had been with the main man that morning). He did perk up a bit when a female colleague of mine turned up and decided to stay for lunch. Found him interesting, reasonably relaxed but his actions often contradicted his words. This was at a members club in London, which he’s now a member of himself I believe, so he was at least happy with the venue! We got absolutely hammered on the pitch a few days later and I bumped into him after the game - he ignored me!!

The mystique around him is quite annoying really.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 10:59 - Nov 16 with 894 viewsjayessess

I'm at 48 in terms of the actual 92 Club, but a few of those I wasn't watching Ipswich (Tottenham, Spurs, Man City, West Ham, Leyton Orient, Sutton United). I've seen us play at some now defunct grounds (Filbert Street, White Hart Lane, Griffin Park, Upton Park, went to Layer Road a few times too, but I don't think I ever saw us play there) and one overseas (San Siro). So, I think it's 47.

(eta: And Old Wembley of course! 48)
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 11:15]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 11:00 - Nov 16 with 891 viewsunbelievablue

Shout out for this app:

https://www.mygrounds.co.uk/

It has Humber Doucey Lance which made me laugh.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 11:13 - Nov 16 with 885 viewsMeadowlark

I couldn't understand how she'd never been to Rotherham before?
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 14:13 - Nov 16 with 856 viewsChateauWines

I'm amazed. 84 plus a further 17 duplicate new/old grounds

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Duplicate on 14:42 - Nov 16 with 851 viewsDanny_G

[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 14:43]
Really? on 14:43 - Nov 16 with 856 viewsDanny_G

He's clearly not read his own autobiography, about one of his trips with Ireland. The irony is strong here.

'On the morning we were due to fly home, Steve Staunton and I went out for a drink. It was our turn to party now — in fact we were merely carrying on from the night before. Merry and giddy, we forgot about the time. We were late arriving back at the team hotel. The rest of the party were sitting in the coach outside. Steve and I raced to our rooms to pack our bags.

As we boarded the coach, ‘Big Jack’ started ranting and roaring: ‘Where the ******' ’ell have you been? You’ve kept us all waiting, you two.’

‘Why didn’t you go without us?’ I shot back. ‘I didn’t ask you to wait.’ In the silence that followed I looked him straight in the eye. He neither frightened nor impressed me. He was a bully, who didn’t like it when the boot was on the other foot. He backed off. I took my seat at the back of the bus.'
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 16:44 - Nov 16 with 818 viewsrunaround

Including non league and grounds no longer in use I have seen ITFC play at 99 different arenas
How many grounds have you seen ITFC at? on 17:31 - Nov 16 with 796 viewslizzibee

I'm up to 90 at the moment, some of the the old grounds such as Maine Road, Upton Park and Highbury. Includes a friendly in Dussledorf and the trip to the San Siro.
Working on adding a few more to the list this season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024