Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Electricity Issue 19:35 - Nov 15 with 953 viewsJambo

TWTD hive mind!

Here is one for your significant brain power.

I was a customer of the firm Bulb that went into administration.

Their accounts were taken over by Octopus.

All easy so far.

I gave Octopus a couple of meter readings and then they paid me the balance of my credit into my bank account in March.

I was just thinking about electricity prices and went to check my tariff.

It appears I'm not an Octopus customer and haven't paid them or anyone for my electricity since March.

No one has chased me. No one has asked for a metre reading and no one has threatened to cut me off.

So who do I owe and what do I do?

There's no such thing as a free lunch and I don't want to get landed with a £1200 bill before Christmas.

I appreciate to many that this is a perfect scenario but these things oft come home to roost!

Ta!

Electricity Issue on 19:44 - Nov 15 with 895 viewsnodge_blue

All bulb accounts transferred to octopus. I think you should go back to them with your bulb account number
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 19:52]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Electricity Issue on 19:47 - Nov 15 with 888 viewsSteve_M

Start here, UKPN is the distribution business for Eastern and London Electricity regions so they will know who your supplier is:

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/who-is-my-electricity-supplier-and-what-is-my-

If you're elsewhere in the country then google MPAS for the region.

It's quite possible that the Bulb administration means something has gone wrong but that will be the best place to start. When I did this 20 years ago there were loads of people who had been fraudulently transferred to a different supplier so it will be a similar solution.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Electricity Issue on 19:55 - Nov 15 with 828 viewsJambo

Electricity Issue on 19:47 - Nov 15 by Steve_M

Start here, UKPN is the distribution business for Eastern and London Electricity regions so they will know who your supplier is:

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/who-is-my-electricity-supplier-and-what-is-my-

If you're elsewhere in the country then google MPAS for the region.

It's quite possible that the Bulb administration means something has gone wrong but that will be the best place to start. When I did this 20 years ago there were loads of people who had been fraudulently transferred to a different supplier so it will be a similar solution.

Thanks.

According to them, I'm an Octopus customer.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow.
Electricity Issue on 20:18 - Nov 15 with 774 viewsfactual_blue

Electricity Issue on 19:55 - Nov 15 by Jambo

Thanks.

According to them, I'm an Octopus customer.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

I've been with them since the Bulb collapse, and have been very happy with them. They've been very helpful on the relatively few occasions I've had to contact them.

Although signing their emails off with 'Love and Power' stops being funny fairly quickly, as does the indication of the sender's preferred pronouns. Still, if somebody thinks being referred to as 'them' will make them happy, then who am I/me to disagree?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Electricity Issue on 23:15 - Nov 15 with 627 viewsWicklowBlue

Electricity Issue on 20:18 - Nov 15 by factual_blue

I've been with them since the Bulb collapse, and have been very happy with them. They've been very helpful on the relatively few occasions I've had to contact them.

Although signing their emails off with 'Love and Power' stops being funny fairly quickly, as does the indication of the sender's preferred pronouns. Still, if somebody thinks being referred to as 'them' will make them happy, then who am I/me to disagree?

What they said!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024