Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Block of 10 16:58 - Nov 23 with 1498 viewsReus30

Critical - takes us beyond half way....

And at the end of it, I envisage we will be top. We just have a top manager who is really good at rotating, keeping on top of match prep and we are back at full strength - I can see us steamrolling teams now.

Other teams in the league will be looking up at us with envy late on NYD. Bookmark it.
Next Block of 10 on 17:01 - Nov 23 with 1473 viewsSitfcB

One game at a time.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Humility dear boy on 17:21 - Nov 23 with 1392 viewsDyland

Stay humble, stay grounded, enjoy it win lose or draw.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Next Block of 10 on 17:27 - Nov 23 with 1380 viewsDarth_Koont

We can’t do anything but go for 3 points every game, even in the away games to Leicester and Leeds.

But it’s been a little bit frustrating to give an inch to the chasing group. I’m still hoping that us and Leicester can break the spirit of those chasing (and their fans) by stretching our lead again. If we can at least have maintained the current gap after the next 10 then we’ll be in excellent shape and the pressure will be squarely on the others.

Pronouns: He/Him

Next Block of 10 on 22:17 - Dec 12 with 751 viewsReus30

Just going to cheekily bump this, every game until NYD.

Man, isn't life so good. I've just been told off for excessive "wooing" long after the game has finished. Unfortunately it's going to be a long Xmas period for the wife.

WOOOOOO
Next Block of 10 on 22:24 - Dec 12 with 677 viewswkj

Managers say this all the time "Take it one game at a time" and it usually is a cliche. Though it seems McKenna really follows that ethos with tremendous effect. One thing that has impressed me the most this season is our squad do not get sucked into a negative mindset. Surely the amount of comeback wins we've had this season is a new record? And when we do fail to win, they are not licking their wounds for the next game.

II don't think we should count our chickens, but we can now worry about each game on a game-by-game basis. We've now played almost every team in the league and I would say maybe 2 games we've looked bad in, a few average, but always composed and professional.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Next Block of 10 on 22:28 - Dec 12 with 631 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Next Block of 10 on 22:24 - Dec 12 by wkj

Managers say this all the time "Take it one game at a time" and it usually is a cliche. Though it seems McKenna really follows that ethos with tremendous effect. One thing that has impressed me the most this season is our squad do not get sucked into a negative mindset. Surely the amount of comeback wins we've had this season is a new record? And when we do fail to win, they are not licking their wounds for the next game.

II don't think we should count our chickens, but we can now worry about each game on a game-by-game basis. We've now played almost every team in the league and I would say maybe 2 games we've looked bad in, a few average, but always composed and professional.

Was reading something about how effective teams who win titles, or bad teams who avoid relegation, genuinely do work on the one game basis. You have to learn not to be down if you are being beaten all the time, and learn not to get carried away if you are winning all the time. Step on the pitch each game as an individual match and go for it believing you can win.

Looking at our form over what is the best part of a year now in a sizeable selection of games, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that is worked on in our group.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Next Block of 10 on 22:30 - Dec 12 with 592 viewswkj

Next Block of 10 on 22:28 - Dec 12 by JammyDodgerrr

Was reading something about how effective teams who win titles, or bad teams who avoid relegation, genuinely do work on the one game basis. You have to learn not to be down if you are being beaten all the time, and learn not to get carried away if you are winning all the time. Step on the pitch each game as an individual match and go for it believing you can win.

Looking at our form over what is the best part of a year now in a sizeable selection of games, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that is worked on in our group.

Your last sentence makes me wish (hope?) we're doing a Sunderland style documentary since GC20 took over, what I wouldn't give to see behind the curtain of McKenna's bonding and team building.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024