Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of limbs for Burns goal 00:23 - Dec 3 with 3336 viewsIllinoisblue

Maybe because everyone in Churchmans was in shock and/or bundled up in big coats and unable to move and celebrate properly. But facking hell people, come on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 01:10 - Dec 3 with 3238 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Or maybe it’s just because it’s the Churchman’s.
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 02:00 - Dec 3 with 3213 viewsSE1blue

The cause of this, and the other issue in the thread about crowd noise, is a result of ‘festive funk’ in my humble opinion.

December is always a bit weird for football. Other than Boxing Day, when it’s a release from family for a lot of people and a chance to let off some noise and expletives built up by spending time with relatives, you get different crowds and personalities going in December.

There’s less consistency as people short of Christmas cash miss some games, people are home for holidays, there’s visiting relatives and minds are on more than just football due to other stresses. It’s also freezing and no disrespect, Coventry, not a promotion rival.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 06:29 - Dec 3 with 3013 viewsfranz_tyson

Watching on TownTV when Wes lined up with the outside of his right foot and I thought "No, Wes". Even after he hit it, I was thinking bad choice of shot until it banana-ed into the top corner at the end. Unbelievable shot.
Can't remember which game, but Wes was criticised for attempting and missing a much easier chance using the outside of his right boot when he probably should have used his left.
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 07:35 - Dec 3 with 2900 viewsMillsTash

I’d say age often restricts movements in Churchman’s.
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 08:50 - Dec 3 with 2761 viewsDJR

I was in the upper North Stand, and for the first time ever didn't jump to my feet initially when the ball went in.

From where I was sitting, it didn't look possible for Wes to score with his right foot, and even as it flew through the air, it didn't look possible.

And I certainly sensed a delayed reaction around me, no doubt because people were both shocked and completely amazed by the goal.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 8:51]
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 08:57 - Dec 3 with 2708 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 08:50 - Dec 3 by DJR

I was in the upper North Stand, and for the first time ever didn't jump to my feet initially when the ball went in.

From where I was sitting, it didn't look possible for Wes to score with his right foot, and even as it flew through the air, it didn't look possible.

And I certainly sensed a delayed reaction around me, no doubt because people were both shocked and completely amazed by the goal.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 8:51]

My shock in seeing that it had gone in meant that in trying to make up for lost time I promptly fell over once I had stood up!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 09:07 - Dec 3 with 2643 viewsDJR

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 08:57 - Dec 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

My shock in seeing that it had gone in meant that in trying to make up for lost time I promptly fell over once I had stood up!

Yes, when I eventually tried to leap up all I did was get so far and fall back in my seat.

And when I eventually did stand up, I felt I had rather missed the moment, so didn't do my usual jumping up and down.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 9:08]
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 09:19 - Dec 3 with 2588 viewsRyorry

Wasn't there, but from a video clip circulated on here, every man, woman and child in the portions of the two stands within the frame of the shot jumped up with both arms aloft. Same on other highlights I've seen.

Were you there?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Some were probably moaning he has no left foot on 09:22 - Dec 3 with 2573 viewsDyland

arf

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 10:33 - Dec 3 with 2375 viewsexeterblue10

Really? Everyone jumped up with arms in the air from where I was sat. Were you there? If so, you’ll know firstly how cold it was and secondly how Wes’ shot looked for the world like it was going out for a goal kick as soon as it left his boot. There might have been a split second delay because limbs were frozen and nobody thought it was going in? If you weren’t there, well I shan’t say what I’m thinking!
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 10:41 - Dec 3 with 2342 viewshoppy

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 10:33 - Dec 3 by exeterblue10

Really? Everyone jumped up with arms in the air from where I was sat. Were you there? If so, you’ll know firstly how cold it was and secondly how Wes’ shot looked for the world like it was going out for a goal kick as soon as it left his boot. There might have been a split second delay because limbs were frozen and nobody thought it was going in? If you weren’t there, well I shan’t say what I’m thinking!

We were sitting directly in line from behind where Wes hit it from, and seeing the curl on it from that angle, was an amazing strike.

Shame it's hardly been able to view it online anywhere since...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 10:51 - Dec 3 with 2313 viewsexeterblue10

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 06:29 - Dec 3 by franz_tyson

Watching on TownTV when Wes lined up with the outside of his right foot and I thought "No, Wes". Even after he hit it, I was thinking bad choice of shot until it banana-ed into the top corner at the end. Unbelievable shot.
Can't remember which game, but Wes was criticised for attempting and missing a much easier chance using the outside of his right boot when he probably should have used his left.

Was it Southampton away? I can’t quite remember but I do recall him hitting a belter in the warm up and then fluffing the same shot in the game. Whichever game it was!
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 11:47 - Dec 3 with 2221 viewsronnyd

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 10:41 - Dec 3 by hoppy

We were sitting directly in line from behind where Wes hit it from, and seeing the curl on it from that angle, was an amazing strike.

Shame it's hardly been able to view it online anywhere since...

If this was scored in the Prem, it would have beamed around the world in double quick time.
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 11:52 - Dec 3 with 2207 viewsb1079blue

Standing up means loosing any heat in the plastic seat that has transferred from my generous posterior. Think of it as cows laying down before the rain.
Its an age thing.
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 11:55 - Dec 3 with 2201 viewsBeattie78

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 11:47 - Dec 3 by ronnyd

If this was scored in the Prem, it would have beamed around the world in double quick time.

What pissed me off is that the ITV highlights programme showed nothing of the superb build up before the ball reached Burns

LexdenBlue62

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 12:04 - Dec 3 with 2164 viewsMattinLondon

If it happened in the last minute or was against Norwich then I’m guessing that the celebrations would have been a lot more intense - and if it had been in from of the NS then again, the celebrations would have been more.

But it happened in front of a relatively docile stand and at an early stage of the game.
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 12:30 - Dec 3 with 2105 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 12:04 - Dec 3 by MattinLondon

If it happened in the last minute or was against Norwich then I’m guessing that the celebrations would have been a lot more intense - and if it had been in from of the NS then again, the celebrations would have been more.

But it happened in front of a relatively docile stand and at an early stage of the game.

Myself and those around me did experience a momentary "did he just do that?" before going full on nuts.

We were at the other end of the ground though.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 12:32 - Dec 3 with 2095 viewsHipsterectomy

the stand looked half empty. i assume people went for a pie and pint already

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 12:38 - Dec 3 with 2068 viewsstonojnr

when he hit it my initial reaction was ffs thats going wide why did you do that there when there were simpler options.

I still thought it was going wide when it hit the back of the net, in fact I half wondered if it had just hit the corner of the goal on the outside, nope the players are celebrating, the ref hasnt awarded a goal kick, it must be a goal.

trust me there were plenty of limbs going in Sir Alf when we realised it was a goal.

but its obviously the new thing since its harder to criticise fans attendance & not turning up to games anymore with packed stadium, its all about shouting louder, and celebrating louder than anyone else to get that "super fan" badge status ;)

my knees had gone by the end of the game due to the cold, even if we'd scored I dont think I could have stood up that quickly anymore.
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 15:44 - Dec 3 with 1921 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 02:00 - Dec 3 by SE1blue

The cause of this, and the other issue in the thread about crowd noise, is a result of ‘festive funk’ in my humble opinion.

December is always a bit weird for football. Other than Boxing Day, when it’s a release from family for a lot of people and a chance to let off some noise and expletives built up by spending time with relatives, you get different crowds and personalities going in December.

There’s less consistency as people short of Christmas cash miss some games, people are home for holidays, there’s visiting relatives and minds are on more than just football due to other stresses. It’s also freezing and no disrespect, Coventry, not a promotion rival.

Kind of weak!

We have 21k season ticket holders so it will be the majority of the same people. Won 17 of 18 at home and scored one of the best goals in championship history. The place should be a cauldron or noise and bouncing constantly at the moment. We are just not that kind of fanbase and those that used to make it more lively are all pretty old now!
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 16:08 - Dec 3 with 1875 viewsGeoffSentence

Go to admit, when he hit it I did think 'why doesnt he use his left foot?' but as it turned out I was in the perfect position to see it curl in. From where I was it looked better than on the highlights, the amount of bend on it was remarkable,

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 16:22 - Dec 3 with 1823 viewsviewfromtheu2

Facking hell, come on, let people celebrate and support their team however they want to.

Although I've got my own beliefs and causes, which are well documented, I've got a real issue this past year or so about fans telling other fans they're not supporting the team or a particular cause, in the right way OR doing enough to get behind certain initiative.

Rant over.

C.O.Y.B

@BonoITFC

Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 07:34 - Dec 4 with 1441 viewsVaughan8

I always thought "limbs" was more the timing of the goal (or who its against etc)

A last minute tap in, in an important game is surely.going to create more "limbs"
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 07:42 - Dec 4 with 1416 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Was in SAR for a change and plenty of limbs going..after the initial few seconds delay. In a similar way to THAT Broadhead free kick against Sheff Weds, where no one could quite believe what they’d seen.

That said it was the flattest atmosphere at FPR all season. Maybe the sub minus temperatures?! The first game I’ve not heard much from the BA guys, and I’ve been in all 4 stands this season. And I hat to be critical as acoustically their move to Cobbold was inspired- have even seen some bouncy bouncy in ther this year!

COYB
Lack of limbs for Burns goal on 08:06 - Dec 4 with 1375 viewsbraveblue

Absolute nonsense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024