Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, 10:48 - Dec 18 with 1594 viewscarlo88

I think the most remarkable is that in two years, he has never lost two league games back-to-back. Out of 100 games.
This suggests to me his meticulous analysis of a defeat and how to bounce back; it also makes you fear a defeat less than you might otherwise, as they actually seem to do us some good.
Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 10:56 - Dec 18 with 1518 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

If we repeat the same form for the rest of the season we are up, that's how amazingly well he's performed, and against parachute clubs with great sides too.
Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 11:01 - Dec 18 with 1495 viewscarlo88

And with him in charge (plus a few additions to the squad), I'd even be confident of a mid-table finish in The Premier League. That's something I never thought I'd say either.
Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 11:39 - Dec 18 with 1339 viewstextbackup

It’s weird to say/think thi, but had we beaten Norwich I think we go on to lose at Leeds.

But as it is I think KM will see a draw to them as a poor result (as we dominated) and I now feel like we go to Leeds with a win a real possibility.

And leicester, I have no issues with them, fans seem really decent on Twitter, and I’m just looking forwards to that being a good game

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 11:51 - Dec 18 with 1285 views_clive_baker_

Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 11:39 - Dec 18 by textbackup

It’s weird to say/think thi, but had we beaten Norwich I think we go on to lose at Leeds.

But as it is I think KM will see a draw to them as a poor result (as we dominated) and I now feel like we go to Leeds with a win a real possibility.

And leicester, I have no issues with them, fans seem really decent on Twitter, and I’m just looking forwards to that being a good game

I like Leicester to be fair, always had time for their fans. Like most people I was delighted to see them win the league that year, with the tinker man Ranieri.

I think they've got the best squad at this level by some distance, I'm pretty sure they'll win the league, and would have no issue with them doing so if they can take points off those others around us and we can stay nicely positioned in the slipstream. Was a real gutter them losing to Leeds.

I can see a score draw on Boxing day. Leeds feels tougher, horrible place to go although they're having a wobble and they're under a lot of pressure. If we can score 1st their fans will be restless.
Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 12:44 - Dec 18 with 1089 viewstextbackup

Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 11:51 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

I like Leicester to be fair, always had time for their fans. Like most people I was delighted to see them win the league that year, with the tinker man Ranieri.

I think they've got the best squad at this level by some distance, I'm pretty sure they'll win the league, and would have no issue with them doing so if they can take points off those others around us and we can stay nicely positioned in the slipstream. Was a real gutter them losing to Leeds.

I can see a score draw on Boxing day. Leeds feels tougher, horrible place to go although they're having a wobble and they're under a lot of pressure. If we can score 1st their fans will be restless.

Leicester winning the premiership is probably the best thing I’ve seen in sport. Was incredible

I do think the 1230 kick off does is a favour, fans won’t be fully tanked up and as loud as they could be.

I really see us getting something there, which would be brilliant

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 12:45 - Dec 18 with 1082 viewsstrikalite

Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 11:51 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

None of us are mentioning Southampton, level points with Leeds now, so we now have two teams results to look out for...

Agree with all of your thoughts...
Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 13:02 - Dec 18 with 983 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 12:44 - Dec 18 by textbackup

Leicester winning the premiership is probably the best thing I’ve seen in sport. Was incredible

I do think the 1230 kick off does is a favour, fans won’t be fully tanked up and as loud as they could be.

I really see us getting something there, which would be brilliant

The best thing I have seen in sport is the last two years for Ipswich. From where we were to where we are, via that incredible story from an occasional poster on here about preseason trips to a coffee shop near Loughborough, and a coach/manager who is completely unthreatened by his players coming up with ideas to the extent that he wants them all to do their coaching badges so that the whole squad can think better, tactically.

And some of the goals..! Dreamy!

The other close ones for me are the Ashes 2005 series (including Gary Pratt!) And Ben Stokes career (including single handedly throwing away a World Cup as a young man and then coming back from that stronger, and defending a gay couple from a queer bashing, and taking time out to be with his family back in NZ when his Dad was dying).

Stuart Broad's "eyes wide open" incredible spells were magnificent, and didn't he end on a high! I loved that he overcame the destruction of his face and his batting to come back as the Nighthawk, too.

Honourable mention for David Willey single handedly winning a T20 Final with both bat and ball for unfancied Northants.

Yeah, I love cricket!

But above all that, and even the 1978 FA Cup Final and 1981 UEFA Cup Final, I would put this incredible transformation and creation of a team that you can only love, by Super Kieran McKenna!

I wish he had persuaded Greg Leigh to stay, though. Loved him last year!
Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 13:20 - Dec 18 with 894 viewsPinewoodblue

Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 12:45 - Dec 18 by strikalite

None of us are mentioning Southampton, level points with Leeds now, so we now have two teams results to look out for...

Agree with all of your thoughts...

Leeds priority has to be to stay ahead of Southampton.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Of all the impressive stats Kieran McKenna has, on 13:38 - Dec 18 with 844 viewsBlueBoots

Amazingly, we also managed over a year without back-to-back defeats under Roy Keane...although his method tended to be picking 4 centre-halfs and 4 centre-mids in the game following a defeat

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024