Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Wishlist 20:38 - Dec 18 with 3071 viewsCookAshtonJohnson

Town fans, as the January window is two weeks away from being upon us, who would you like to be added into the squad?

For me, my three are:

1) Max Bird (Derby County) - With Massimo being away for practically a month with Australia for the Asia Cup, I believe Bird would be a perfect replacement and give us the same effect Massimo brought us in L1 last season. Yes, we have Taylor in waiting, but for me, Bird adds more of the defensive element you need in the Championship.

2) Devante Cole (Barnsley) - This is a bit of a wildcard selection, but Devante Cole suits the type of striker we’ve seen McKenna bring to Town, tall, physically strong and able to knock the ball on to Chaplin, or the wingers. With 12 goals in L1 for Barnsley this season, Cole could be the type of striker to score the important goal in a game for Ipswich, and I believe he could be a very good option in terms of price to bring to the club.

3 Sammie Szmodics (Blackburn Rovers) - this one for me, has to be a deal which Ashton should look at, I feel with Town, we don’t have a replacement for Chaplin, I could potentially see Taylor being moulded into that role but Szmodics has been playing that role for years, for Colchester, Peterborough and now Blackburn. And he always seems to score against us, and he is an exciting player and one that could rival Chaplin for a starting place, and if not, a very good super sub, and with Blackburn’s financial situation, they may be forced to sell a key player to help boost their playoff ambitions.

Other options could be:

Making the deal permanent for Omari: This one is a bit of a shot in the dark, given that Chelsea would have been keeping an eye on his performances for us, however he adds that Dos Santos/Celina/Lawrence effect whenever he plays in front of the Portman Road crowd, however can see Chelsea demanding a very high fee for the youngster.

Another winger: Not in high priority due to Harness, Broadhead and Jackson being able to operate on the wings, but I feel that we need a difference maker in the squad, and the amount of chances Broadhead had against (cough cough) those lot, only to spur them wide, makes me think we need another winger who can create those good opportunities in our ranks, who that winger is, I do not know but would be happy if we targeted one.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 20:41]
January Wishlist on 20:45 - Dec 18 with 3005 viewsJimmy86

I'd say Amad Diallo on loan, if Man United decide to loan him out would be a top addition!
January Wishlist on 20:47 - Dec 18 with 2994 viewsCookAshtonJohnson

January Wishlist on 20:45 - Dec 18 by Jimmy86

I'd say Amad Diallo on loan, if Man United decide to loan him out would be a top addition!

Can see that on happening Jimmy, given how he helped Sunderland last season to the playoffs, however, only just coming back from injury and whether or not Ten Hag involves him in his plans is unsure yet - however, already had luck with one Man Utd player, could see Diallo being the “gamechanger” for the Gamechangers 😉
January Wishlist on 20:48 - Dec 18 with 2977 viewsMK1

I like the Devante Cole option, but at 28 not sure he fits the clubs model.
Bird for me is no better than Taylor and Szmodics would cost to much for FFP.
January Wishlist on 20:53 - Dec 18 with 2926 viewsMK1

January Wishlist on 20:45 - Dec 18 by Jimmy86

Diallo would be a brilliant addition, but I think Ten Hag would like to keep him.
January Wishlist on 20:58 - Dec 18 with 2882 viewsGuthrum

I don't think we should be signing players simply as cover for those away at international competitions.

Implies we have no faith in our current understudies for a handful of games. If they weren't good enough to cover that, how would they mange if the regular starter was injured?

And what happens when the player returns from representing his country? We can't send the new signing back again as now surplus to requirements.

Or perhaps we've had to exclude men already on our books from the registered squad of 25 to fit the new people in.

I'd only want to see proper, long-term signings come in who can genuinely improve the team.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

January Wishlist on 21:16 - Dec 18 with 2773 viewsxrayspecs

Bird - not good enough
Cole - not good enough
Sxmodics - good enough but hates us
January Wishlist on 21:20 - Dec 18 with 2740 viewsParky

Tim Iroegbunam
Brandon Vazquez
Amad Diallo
January Wishlist on 21:29 - Dec 18 with 2679 viewsCustardCream

Ben Brereton Diaz on loan.

Not getting much joy at villareal and very good at this level.
Login to get fewer ads

January Wishlist on 21:35 - Dec 18 with 2647 viewscressi

January Wishlist on 21:29 - Dec 18 by CustardCream

Ben Brereton Diaz on loan.

Not getting much joy at villareal and very good at this level.

Thought of him other day guess wages may be a problem as let contract run down at Blackburn.
Wba have financial problems.
Players like Swift, Dike who is back around Xmas are useful.
January Wishlist on 21:41 - Dec 18 with 2618 viewsdirtyboy

Thijs Dallinga.

Might be a stretch…
January Wishlist on 21:45 - Dec 18 with 2599 viewsEssexBloo

I would be interested in what Luke or Tom (I think that is their names) who usually do a full player report on targets via Twitter.
January Wishlist on 23:23 - Dec 18 with 2214 viewsRimsy

Sinclair Armstrong

BlueBlood

January Wishlist on 06:34 - Dec 19 with 1955 viewsEssexBloo

January Wishlist on 21:20 - Dec 18 by Parky

Tim Iroegbunam
Brandon Vazquez
Amad Diallo

These top 2 have been mentioned elsewhere. Any truth in them? Would be happy with those but Vazquez has been linked with Everton and Brentford.
January Wishlist on 07:34 - Dec 19 with 1856 viewsParky

January Wishlist on 06:34 - Dec 19 by EssexBloo

These top 2 have been mentioned elsewhere. Any truth in them? Would be happy with those but Vazquez has been linked with Everton and Brentford.

I had heard that we’d been talking to Cincinnati about Vazquez, not sure if he’s out of our reach now with Brentford, Everton and I think Real Betis linked, but it shows our ambition.

Iroegbunam is just one that I think fits the profile perfectly - still young, coming back from an injury, played in the England youth squad and in an area I think we could do with an extra body with Luongo going to the Asia cup and Morsy close to a 2 game ban.
January Wishlist on 21:59 - Dec 30 with 1157 viewsPinewoodblue

Heard from a Barnsley supporting friend that Devante Cole is likely to leave in January window, contract expires end of season. He was asking if I thought Town would have made an enquiry. Probably available for £1,000,000.

Any thought? Suppose we could forgive his Dad for his contribution in 'that' game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

January Wishlist on 09:21 - Dec 31 with 933 viewsstevieg

Lawrence Shankland - Hearts
Morgan Whittaker - Plymouth
Liam Miller - Preston
January Wishlist on 11:41 - Dec 31 with 758 viewsMillsey

January Wishlist on 09:21 - Dec 31 by stevieg

Lawrence Shankland - Hearts
Morgan Whittaker - Plymouth
Liam Miller - Preston

Same as me 💪
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024