Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Role the Supporters Club play 16:00 - Dec 31 with 1290 viewsJackNorthStand

Just read the article mentioning supporters club electing a new board, logo and “ strategy “.

Im a lifelong Ipswich supporter and season ticket holder for years but not a member or the supporters club nor do I know anyone who is, or anyone who knows much about it regarding what they do and what being a member looks like.

Wondering if anyone on here could enlighten my ignorance, as an outsider with little knowledge on what they do / offer supporters.
Role the Supporters Club play on 16:09 - Dec 31 with 1241 viewsSitfcB

If you’re a season ticket holder then you’re a member of the supporters club.

They don’t do a lot nor does being a member involve anything.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Role the Supporters Club play on 16:10 - Dec 31 with 1241 viewsPhilTWTD

Anyone who is a season ticket holder is a member, same with any other sort of membership.

One thing you will have benefited from, if you've been a season ticket holder for a few years, is the lobbying former chairman Mark Ramsay did regarding the repayments:

Supporters Club Welcomes Revised Season Ticket Compensation 19th May 2021 16:08
The official Supporters Club has welcomed Town’s decision to offer increased compensation to season ticket holders following complaints from a number of fans regarding their initial plans. 3

Their main function has been more social, whether the events with players or helping organise the branches more widely. Will be interesting to see how it develops under the current chair and board. It does seem to be growing in line with Town's success.
Role the Supporters Club play on 16:25 - Dec 31 with 1173 viewsstonojnr

Role the Supporters Club play on 16:10 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

Anyone who is a season ticket holder is a member, same with any other sort of membership.

One thing you will have benefited from, if you've been a season ticket holder for a few years, is the lobbying former chairman Mark Ramsay did regarding the repayments:

The official Supporters Club has welcomed Town’s decision to offer increased compensation to season ticket holders following complaints from a number of fans regarding their initial plans. 3

Their main function has been more social, whether the events with players or helping organise the branches more widely. Will be interesting to see how it develops under the current chair and board. It does seem to be growing in line with Town's success.

You used to get notified as a season ticket holder of being a member and of events etc, I mean it was a while ago but I remember getting a club badge that said I was a member one season. Presumably data protection rules have meant they can't contact you using the clubs data anymore ? So it becomes one of those word of mouth things.

They're in the fanzone pre match aren't they? if people want to find out more
Role the Supporters Club play on 16:34 - Dec 31 with 1151 viewsSheffordBlue

Role the Supporters Club play on 16:10 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

If they're going to be a bit more active then facilitating car shares for travelling fans would be one good thing they could look at for those who wanted to opt in.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Role the Supporters Club play on 16:35 - Dec 31 with 1134 viewsJackNorthStand

Thanks for all the replies
Role the Supporters Club play on 16:39 - Dec 31 with 1102 viewsPhilTWTD

Role the Supporters Club play on 16:34 - Dec 31 by SheffordBlue

If they're going to be a bit more active then facilitating car shares for travelling fans would be one good thing they could look at for those who wanted to opt in.

That is a good idea and something they might well be interested in looking at.
Role the Supporters Club play on 16:41 - Dec 31 with 1096 viewsPhilTWTD

Role the Supporters Club play on 16:25 - Dec 31 by stonojnr

You used to get notified as a season ticket holder of being a member and of events etc, I mean it was a while ago but I remember getting a club badge that said I was a member one season. Presumably data protection rules have meant they can't contact you using the clubs data anymore ? So it becomes one of those word of mouth things.

I think you may be right on the data protection thing. I seem to recall some discussion of the matter some years ago. Club used to include Supporters Club material in with season ticket applications but I assume most people don't get printed stuff for that these days.

Not sure on FanZone, but I'm not in there before games these days.
Role the Supporters Club play on 19:28 - Dec 31 with 884 viewsGuthrum

Role the Supporters Club play on 16:09 - Dec 31 by SitfcB

If you’re a season ticket holder then you’re a member of the supporters club.

They don’t do a lot nor does being a member involve anything.

Or you can join a branch, some of which are very active.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Role the Supporters Club play on 19:38 - Dec 31 with 862 viewsBLUEBEAT

Prefer old badge.

It’s classic and straight to the point.

New one looks crowded/messy. Probably designed by a child belonging to one of the current board.

Poll: W or W

Role the Supporters Club play on 23:59 - Dec 31 with 770 viewsFreddies_Ears

Role the Supporters Club play on 16:25 - Dec 31 by stonojnr

The Supporters Club aren't in the Fanzone, but anyone wanting info or contacts can find out from ITFC's SLO hub (Supporter Liaison), which is next to the bar in the marquee. The SLO Hub also has info on recent & future Foundation activities & programmes.
Role the Supporters Club play on 03:37 - Jan 1 with 678 viewshoppy

Role the Supporters Club play on 19:38 - Dec 31 by BLUEBEAT

Prefer old badge.

It’s classic and straight to the point.

New one looks crowded/messy. Probably designed by a child belonging to one of the current board.

Quite agree. Looks a mess.

The background image is unnecessary and impractical for reproducing in different formats and sizes… the alignment of the rules and the text looks wrong and the overall typography is hideous…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Agreed on 09:45 - Jan 1 with 510 viewsDyland

Role the Supporters Club play on 03:37 - Jan 1 by hoppy

Quite agree. Looks a mess.

The background image is unnecessary and impractical for reproducing in different formats and sizes… the alignment of the rules and the text looks wrong and the overall typography is hideous…

I don't dislike it per se but as you say, it's not a very practical design and being a cynical old sod I'd say it epitomises a (lack of) foresight and vision for what the Supporters' Club could do. Maybe I'll be proved wrong and of course, good luck to the new board.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024