Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton love in 15:02 - Jan 20 with 3144 viewsPimsNumber1

Almost makes me puke listening to that idiot Prutton and loads of other pundis worship Saints and groat they're now in 2nd and getting auto promotion as if Ipswich don't exist
Southampton love in on 15:06 - Jan 20 with 2919 viewsVaughan8

Let's not get all Plymouth about it.

If I take my biased head off, I would be thinking Ipswich are dropping now. Southampton do look unbeatable at the moment.

However things can change quickly.......

To be fair on the Sunderland game they pretty much dismissed Ipswich as even an option to finish second haha
Southampton love in on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 2828 viewsJimmy86

Prutton used to play for Southampton... Also as a relegated team, they should be doing well and be where we've been all season, see also Leeds...
Southampton love in on 15:13 - Jan 20 with 2788 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

If they’re looking at recent form and squad strength then they’ll rightly be favorites I’m afraid.
Southampton love in on 15:18 - Jan 20 with 2722 viewslizzibee

with the delightful Ainsworth - at least their hatred for us is predictable
Southampton love in on 15:20 - Jan 20 with 2684 viewspointofblue

Southampton love in on 15:18 - Jan 20 by lizzibee

with the delightful Ainsworth - at least their hatred for us is predictable

Ainsworth was on the BBC coverage last Saturday, covering the 3pm kick offs. He was very complementary - said McKenna's done a brilliant job but squad depth will make the difference and Town don't have it when compared to the relegated sides.

I'm not sure if anyone can disagree with that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Southampton love in on 15:22 - Jan 20 with 2656 viewsBlueForYou

Its all up to us now isnt it..?? Have to get another good run going. Saints were always going to be tough opposition. i see Flynn Downes has played 21 games for them in midfield.
Southampton love in on 15:28 - Jan 20 with 2577 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Southampton love in on 15:20 - Jan 20 by pointofblue

Ainsworth was on the BBC coverage last Saturday, covering the 3pm kick offs. He was very complementary - said McKenna's done a brilliant job but squad depth will make the difference and Town don't have it when compared to the relegated sides.

I'm not sure if anyone can disagree with that.

He’s 100% correct. Top 5 would be a fantastic finish, we’ve just got to keep McKenna and try and compete with the next round of parachute teams next season. It could take 5 years to get promoted again.
Southampton love in on 15:29 - Jan 20 with 2561 viewsWonky

We've had a continual love in till recently so can't complain.
[Post edited 20 Jan 15:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton love in on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 2536 viewspennblue

Southampton love in on 15:06 - Jan 20 by Vaughan8

If I take my biased head off, I would be thinking Ipswich are dropping now. Southampton do look unbeatable at the moment.

To be fair on the Sunderland game they pretty much dismissed Ipswich as even an option to finish second haha

If you take armstrong out of their side they are nothing

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Southampton love in (n/t) on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 2530 viewsWonky

Southampton love in on 15:29 - Jan 20 by Wonky

We've had a continual love in till recently so can't complain.

Southampton love in on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 2530 viewsIllinoisblue

Indeed. Here and on Twitter you see a lot of Town fans getting very precious and uppity about others getting praise

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Southampton love in on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 2536 viewstonybied

Most presenters and pundits are as fickle as the posters on here currently sh*tting their pants on a hourly basis. If we win on Monday they will be singing our praises again and we'll be the unstoppable team, looking above us instead of below...for the day.

Don't read to much into Sky's experts as they're just brown-nosing to the fans of the teams involved in the game they're showing just to keep the fans of those teams engaged.
[Post edited 20 Jan 15:53]
Southampton love in on 15:33 - Jan 20 with 2482 viewsCoastalblue

Southampton love in on 15:28 - Jan 20 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

He’s 100% correct. Top 5 would be a fantastic finish, we’ve just got to keep McKenna and try and compete with the next round of parachute teams next season. It could take 5 years to get promoted again.

It could, or could very well be 6 months.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Southampton love in on 15:50 - Jan 20 with 2341 viewsfranz_tyson

Southampton love in on 15:33 - Jan 20 by Coastalblue

It could, or could very well be 6 months.

I'm cool with us finishing top six .... especially if we don't capitulate and its not a messy last 20 games. Happy to build season by season, but think McKenna will be lost along the way if we don't get promoted.
I have no problem Southampton taking the 2nd spot now and having all the pressure that goes with it. If we're on their shoulder with 5 games to go I'd take that now. I was never that bothered with that 10 point lead with 25+ games to go. See how quickly that disappeared. Let's try and build up some kind of consistent form over a 5-10 game period and see where it takes us.
Southampton love in on 16:24 - Jan 20 with 2095 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Southampton absolutely bossed the game. But what gives me hope is that for the final 10 minutes they really rode their luck. Swansea hit the post twice, missed the target from 2 really good chances. They also had 2 more shots straight at the keeper. In the end, for all their domination, they were lucky to win! If they play like that against many other sides, they won't be getting 3 points.

We now need to get a draw or better on Monday to go back 2nd. Southampton have been on phenomenal form but still need us to slip up. We need to be relentless ourselves, just like last season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Southampton love in on 17:29 - Jan 20 with 1851 viewscbower

They looked like world beaters in the first half but they certainly looked very beatable 2nd half. Swansea had several really good chances. They are in great form, no doubt but still only have the same points as Town. B@ll@cks to pundits, we're right in the thick of it. Pundits hand out the trophies and promotion places virtually every week. In reality, they're decided after 46 games once per year.

bluescouser

Southampton love in on 17:33 - Jan 20 with 1819 viewsITFC_Forever

All three ex-Prem sides have to be the hot favourites every season.

Any relegated side that doesn’t come straight back up has massively under-performed.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Southampton love in on 17:38 - Jan 20 with 1786 viewsNutkins_Return

Can't argue with how they are playing and their form. Fair play to them. Massively irritating from our point of view! But like our storming run last season they are doing the same.
Southampton love in on 17:47 - Jan 20 with 1740 viewsitfcsuth

From watching them today they deserve big plaudits, looked a top side.

As somebody brilliantly puts it ‘let’s not get Plymouth about it’

Enjoy our journey, enjoy what we are doing, and respect anybody else that is also doing good things, and the Saints currently are.

Appreciate where we are, appreciate the miracles this group have produced this season, the ex PL clubs have bench players worth more than our entire squad, we are absolutely flying and should just worry about ourselves, and enjoy our journey.

What pressure is on us, none. It would be nothing short of a failure for any of the ex PL sides not to be promoted.
Southampton love in on 18:13 - Jan 20 with 1655 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Southampton love in on 15:30 - Jan 20 by Illinoisblue

Indeed. Here and on Twitter you see a lot of Town fans getting very precious and uppity about others getting praise

Right we’re 16 in the current form table, Southampton are very comfortably top and just went second with us having to go to Leicester. People get all emotional about it and would be laughing at other teams doing the same thing!

Of course Sky are going to be talking them up on the way things are currently trending.
[Post edited 20 Jan 18:17]
Southampton love in on 18:24 - Jan 20 with 1559 viewsBlueNomad

After their incredible Southampton are level on points with us, having played a game more. They WILL drop points, if they don’t then fair enough. We have a lot going for us. Enjoy the ride and stop panicking!
Southampton love in on 18:51 - Jan 20 with 1475 viewsDBaldy

It might be worth keeping in mind that Southampton had to go on a 21 game unbeaten run just to catch up with us in second place, during which time we had our worst run of the season.

That sort of form simply isn't sustainable & they will drop points over the coming weeks & months, so let's see where we are in another 10 games time as it wouldn't surprise me at all if we're back ahead of them.
Southampton love in on 19:04 - Jan 20 with 1398 viewsBlueNomad

Southampton love in on 18:51 - Jan 20 by DBaldy

It might be worth keeping in mind that Southampton had to go on a 21 game unbeaten run just to catch up with us in second place, during which time we had our worst run of the season.

That sort of form simply isn't sustainable & they will drop points over the coming weeks & months, so let's see where we are in another 10 games time as it wouldn't surprise me at all if we're back ahead of them.

This!
Southampton love in on 20:49 - Jan 20 with 1169 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Southampton love in on 17:33 - Jan 20 by ITFC_Forever

All three ex-Prem sides have to be the hot favourites every season.

Any relegated side that doesn’t come straight back up has massively under-performed.

Which also means every season at least 1 and frequently 2 or 3 have done so.

I don't think there has been a season since the Prem started that all 3 have bounced straight back up.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Southampton love in on 20:59 - Jan 20 with 1143 viewstextbackup

They won’t get extra points if pundits talk about them more than us, you know that, right?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024