Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season 14:14 - Jan 23 with 1904 viewsGavTWTD

https://www.twtd.co.uk/statistics/league-position/

Quite incredible really.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 14:25 - Jan 23 with 1802 viewsHelp

amazing
fantastic
superb
unbelievable
We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 14:44 - Jan 23 with 1710 viewstextbackup

Different leagues, can’t compare the two…. Ah, hold on

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 14:45 - Jan 23 with 1697 viewsitfc_bucks

points in League One don't count.

or something like that...
We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 14:53 - Jan 23 with 1654 viewsHighgateBlue

An amazing achievement from a lot of the same players in a competitive division. However, the really amazing feature of last year's form was the period of near perfection after the transfer window. I wonder if we'll be able to conjure anything remotely resembling that this year. If we're to do so I think we're going to need that striker we've all been banging on about. But Kieran knows that full well and I'm sure he's up to his old tricks...
We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 20:15 - Jan 23 with 1370 viewsbazza

And now it’s time for Another unbelievable run ..
We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 07:49 - Jan 24 with 1133 viewsNutkins_Return

Fantastic isn't it.

Although from this point on we won nearly every game in L1 so let's just crack on and do that again :)
We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 08:57 - Jan 24 with 983 viewsEuropablue

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 14:53 - Jan 23 by HighgateBlue

An amazing achievement from a lot of the same players in a competitive division. However, the really amazing feature of last year's form was the period of near perfection after the transfer window. I wonder if we'll be able to conjure anything remotely resembling that this year. If we're to do so I think we're going to need that striker we've all been banging on about. But Kieran knows that full well and I'm sure he's up to his old tricks...

I want to believe, but last year we had the disadvantage of not having the team quite put together and they hadn't had much time to get familiar with each other and the system that KM prefers. At the back end of last season we were really gelled and drilled. This time round we took advantage of other teams coming out of the blocks slowly.
Having said that, it's not so much the quality of opponent, it's more about mental fortitude and luck with injuries that will determine how well we do for the remainder of the season.
We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 09:13 - Jan 24 with 938 viewsNthQldITFC

There's an extraordinary (well, fairly extraordinary, if there's such a thing) parallel in the mid season dogleg over the last eight or so games as well. 'All' of the evidence suggests that we're going to accelerate away again soon!

Whether we'll catch Plymcester though is another matter!
[Post edited 24 Jan 10:09]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 09:44 - Jan 24 with 879 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes, but can we bring in 4 players this January who are better than what we already have?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 09:51 - Jan 24 with 853 viewsmatteoblue

It is the worst point of last season, and we're suffering a similar dip now. So could we start to embark on another 20 game unbeaten run? It's unlikely, but we would have said the same last season too. The mental strength of the players both last year and this year has been incredible.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 09:52 - Jan 24 with 851 viewsSwansea_Blue

And I think we'll need to replicate (or get close) last year's end of season pick up in form to guarantee promotion. There's too much talent in Leicester, Leeds and S'ton to let us get away with dropping points at the rate we've been dropping them lately.

Not that we haven't done marvellously well so far of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 09:53 - Jan 24 with 850 viewsPinewoodblue

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 09:44 - Jan 24 by Radlett_blue

Yes, but can we bring in 4 players this January who are better than what we already have?

Are we not half way there.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 10:58 - Jan 24 with 777 viewsGeoffSentence

Amazing how well the shape of those graphs are so similar as well. Could do with an earlier up-tick at this point compared with last year though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 11:37 - Jan 24 with 692 viewsVic

Astonishing

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We're still 5 points ahead of this time last season on 12:02 - Jan 24 with 643 viewsStewart27

Be even better still when we’re 5 points better off in the PL this time next year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024