Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR is crap 21:51 - Jan 31 with 1135 viewsbluejacko

Two pens denied for Chelsea 🙄plain as day
VAR is crap on 22:15 - Jan 31 with 1068 viewsVegtablue

Didn't see the first but the second is close to being unbelievably bad. Officials are nowhere near the quality needed to implement VAR consistently. Many can't even see blatant fouls like tonight. All it's achieved vaguely positively is to tighten up offside and, for the super tight calls, is the technology capable of accurately detecting the instant the ball ceases contact with the passer's foot? I'd love it to die.
VAR is crap on 22:19 - Jan 31 with 1048 viewsVaughan8

Only watched the second half but its a clear back of the heel kick from Van Dijk. When VAR was brought in, we thought all these things would be ironed out. If you're not going to overturn obvious errors then don't bother with it!

I have to say the commentators were becoming unbearable too with their Nunez hitting the woodwork love in. Very weird.

Then at the end, Joe Cole says he fancied Chelsea in the game. Great Expert.
[Post edited 31 Jan 22:20]
VAR is crap on 22:34 - Jan 31 with 975 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's the one thing that really, really makes me dread being back in the Premier League.

Imagine scoring a winner in the last minute of time added on and then having to wait 7 or 8 minutes whilst someone draws lines on a screen only to rule it offside by 2mm.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

VAR is crap on 23:10 - Jan 31 with 899 viewsBlueBadger

It IS crap, but as it's Chelsea being robbed, also very funny.
[Post edited 31 Jan 23:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

VAR is crap on 00:22 - Feb 1 with 838 viewsberkstractorboy

If VAR can uphold the recent Bruno dive at OT for the merest of touches, then there is no way on earth VAR can't give that 2nd one tonight as VVD clearly kicks the Chelsea player.

It's utterly pointless technology if not used correctly.
[Post edited 1 Feb 0:30]
VAR is crap on 06:39 - Feb 1 with 725 viewsmatteoblue

VAR is crap on 22:15 - Jan 31 by Vegtablue

Didn't see the first but the second is close to being unbelievably bad. Officials are nowhere near the quality needed to implement VAR consistently. Many can't even see blatant fouls like tonight. All it's achieved vaguely positively is to tighten up offside and, for the super tight calls, is the technology capable of accurately detecting the instant the ball ceases contact with the passer's foot? I'd love it to die.

The more people you have involved making decisions, the more inconsistent you will be. VAR, by design, can never work.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

VAR is crap on 08:37 - Feb 1 with 593 viewsbluejacko

Funny isn’t it ?during the recent cup games most of the commentators said to watch a game WITHOUT VAR was great🙄says it all really.
VAR is crap on 08:54 - Feb 1 with 566 viewsnrb1985

Not sure it's VAR per se.

There is a long history of Chelsea being on the end of some "interesting" refereeing decisions in this fixture.

Also, odd how most of the premier league referees are from the north west of England, can only imagine there must be something in the water up there...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024