Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Lee Evans 13:57 - Feb 2 with 1243 viewsMaySixth

a very good League One player
great servant for ITFC

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Thank you Lee Evans on 14:37 - Feb 2 with 1179 viewsMiaow

The third of his three against Doncaster in that 6-0 was an excellent goal and I think it was the first time I’d been present to see an Ipswich player score a hat-trick. He certainly played his part in the last 2-3 years under Cook/McKenna and seemed like a good person to have around the place. I hope he moves somewhere decent where he will get some good minutes.

Regarding hat-tricks at Portman Road, we had Chaplin vs Charlton (6-0) last season, Evans against Doncaster, Grant Ward vs Barnsley (4-2) on the opening day in 2016 and Walters against Bristol City (6-0) in 2007, but when were the last trebles by ITFC players at PR before those? I’m thinking Alan Lee vs Luton (5-0) in 2005/06 or 2006/07 was the one before Walters. And were there any between those that I’ve missed?

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Thank you Lee Evans on 16:42 - Feb 2 with 1067 viewsitfc48

Hope they get him out on the pitch one halftime before he leaves so everyone can show their appreciation. A great technician who always gave 100% for the badge, just hope he has more luck with injuries moving forward.
Thank you Lee Evans on 21:27 - Feb 2 with 886 viewsBig_Jase

Thank you Lee Evans on 16:42 - Feb 2 by itfc48

Hope they get him out on the pitch one halftime before he leaves so everyone can show their appreciation. A great technician who always gave 100% for the badge, just hope he has more luck with injuries moving forward.

A bang average player for us, surely you are taking the mick?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Thank you Lee Evans on 21:38 - Feb 2 with 864 viewsbournemouthblue

Thank you Lee Evans on 14:37 - Feb 2 by Miaow

The third of his three against Doncaster in that 6-0 was an excellent goal and I think it was the first time I’d been present to see an Ipswich player score a hat-trick. He certainly played his part in the last 2-3 years under Cook/McKenna and seemed like a good person to have around the place. I hope he moves somewhere decent where he will get some good minutes.

Regarding hat-tricks at Portman Road, we had Chaplin vs Charlton (6-0) last season, Evans against Doncaster, Grant Ward vs Barnsley (4-2) on the opening day in 2016 and Walters against Bristol City (6-0) in 2007, but when were the last trebles by ITFC players at PR before those? I’m thinking Alan Lee vs Luton (5-0) in 2005/06 or 2006/07 was the one before Walters. And were there any between those that I’ve missed?

How many did Bowditch get against Watford?

I can remember Darren Bent having a hell of a game against Sheffield United, there must be a few in that era?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Thank you Lee Evans on 22:42 - Feb 2 with 735 viewsJ4ck22

Pretty sure Wickham got one against Doncaster as well, unless I'm totally making that up...
Thank you Lee Evans on 04:27 - Feb 3 with 604 viewsSE1blue

Dalian Atkinson against Boro in 1988.

Best hat-trick I’ve ever seen live. The power and pace he possessed was insane.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Thank you Lee Evans on 04:47 - Feb 3 with 585 viewswkj

Thank you Lee Evans on 21:27 - Feb 2 by Big_Jase

A bang average player for us, surely you are taking the mick?

I wouldn't say bang average, he was involved in some big moments for us and was fairly decent most the time when he played. Whilst he wasn't a head turner most of the time he was a valuable and solid cog in the gear box, we simply went and signed someone better and more consistent in the middle.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Thank you Lee Evans on 07:05 - Feb 3 with 526 viewsPioneerBlue

Sports injuries are a nightmare, they define careers and are the difference between success/ failure of teams at times.

I enjoyed watching Lee and he was an important character as we scaled L1.

I hope he can go on a get back to playing at a decent level.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024