Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… 10:22 - Feb 3 with 2206 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

….player who improves the whole team in a very understated way. Yeah injuries a big problem, but I can’t lose that nagging feeling that we had a player who would come back in and excel again at some point.

Both parties seem happy though, and seemingly dealt with very fairly. But…..I’ll get over it, I think.

Poll: Is Billm….

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:25 - Feb 3 with 2176 viewsredrickstuhaart

Too slow and pedestrian to take forward the side we have now, even if 100% fit.
I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:25 - Feb 3 with 2174 viewstextbackup

Am I thinking about the same player?

He’s slow, can’t play how SM ML and even Taylor can. Travis has more bite and energy.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:28 - Feb 3 with 2154 viewsNthQldITFC

He'd be a great player at the base of a three man midfield in a 5-3-2/3-5-2 but we ain't goin' out like that, we ain't goin' out like that.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:31 - Feb 3 with 2130 viewsGavTWTD

I really liked him, thought he started us on our way but we replaced him with better players and we move on. I hope he gets fit and finds a new team that suits him.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:32 - Feb 3 with 2126 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Funny how differently people are things.

He was a good servant to the club but he is not a top end Championship player. Despite his talent he wasn’t ever able to really impose himself on a game even in League One - that became glaringly obvious when we signed Mass in January and he took our game to the next level dominating the centre of midfield.

Very good passer of the ball but far too anonymous for me. Wish him all the best though.
I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:33 - Feb 3 with 2119 viewsSuperblue95

He was, at best, our 5th choice centre mid. Arguably now 7th choice given our depth there. Throw injuries into the mix and he was never realistically going to ever get on the pitch so he’s really no loss at this point.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:43 - Feb 3 with 2061 viewsSomethingBlue

Good player but could never quite stay fit for long enough and we have firmly moved on. One of those for the Ladapo bracket where they’ll be well thought of for helping us get where we are, but no real tears shed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:55 - Feb 3 with 1967 viewsLankHenners

Find it bizarre that people hold him this highly. Would be a massive downgrade if he played over Luongo both on a player-to-player basis and on the team as a whole.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:01 - Feb 3 with 1930 viewsMK1

He's been ok. When he first came in we were a pretty poor side to be fair. Now we are looking to get to the Premier League, we needed and got better players in. Wish him all the best for the rest of his career at Lincoln/Cambridge/Colchester.
I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 1897 views_clive_baker_

I find the reaction to him going a bit odd. ‘Great servant’ according to some, despite playing about 50 games, half of which were largely very poor prior to KM arriving. Even if fully fit, which is a rarity, he’s not getting anywhere near our side now and rightly so. Of course I wish him well, but there’s not much to see here IMO.
I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:24 - Feb 3 with 1728 viewsDarkBrandon

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:33 - Feb 3 by Superblue95

He was, at best, our 5th choice centre mid. Arguably now 7th choice given our depth there. Throw injuries into the mix and he was never realistically going to ever get on the pitch so he’s really no loss at this point.

He was a regular starter in McKenna’s early day so I think he was in our top two or three CMs for a reasonable while. But we’ve moved upwards and with his injuries he’s regrettably a way from his peak level. Just the way of football sadly. He impressed me when I did see him (always when KM was manager)
I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:24 - Feb 3 with 1726 viewsSitfcB

He’s out for probably the rest of the season anyway.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:42 - Feb 3 with 1655 viewspointofblue

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:24 - Feb 3 by SitfcB

He’s out for probably the rest of the season anyway.

So unlikely to be signed by another side. I presume we would have paid him off but surprised me he agreed to a mutual termination of his contract.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:44 - Feb 3 with 1638 viewsLeoMuff

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:32 - Feb 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Funny how differently people are things.

He was a good servant to the club but he is not a top end Championship player. Despite his talent he wasn’t ever able to really impose himself on a game even in League One - that became glaringly obvious when we signed Mass in January and he took our game to the next level dominating the centre of midfield.

Very good passer of the ball but far too anonymous for me. Wish him all the best though.

Looked well off it when he came back in last, top end league 1 player or lower end championship for me.

Looked very good at times in league 1.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:52 - Feb 3 with 1612 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"I can’t lose that nagging feeling that we had a player who would come back in and excel again"

In the Premier League? Are we talking about the same Lee Evans?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:58 - Feb 3 with 1568 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Correct decision for me. His injury record is shocking. It was poor at Wigan before he joined us. He’s nowhere near the quality of Mass. I’ll always be grateful for his contribution to getting us up, but like Freddie he has his ceiling.

Poll: Our final position

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 12:05 - Feb 3 with 1529 viewsHerbivore

His last good game for us was about 16 months ago. He made a really positive start to last season but his level was starting to drop off before the inevitable serious injury and his fleeting comebacks since have been really unimpressive. Right for everyone to let him move on when he's fit but he goes with nothing but good wishes, he's made some useful contributions here but is miles off what we need now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 12:09 - Feb 3 with 1506 viewsBarcaBlue

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:08 - Feb 3 by _clive_baker_

I find the reaction to him going a bit odd. ‘Great servant’ according to some, despite playing about 50 games, half of which were largely very poor prior to KM arriving. Even if fully fit, which is a rarity, he’s not getting anywhere near our side now and rightly so. Of course I wish him well, but there’s not much to see here IMO.

Completely agree. Seems like a nice guy and all that but certainly not a consistently influential player, even in League One. Slowed everything down in midfield and made us stodgy. Wish him well but was never going to get anywhere near a side at the top end of the Championship.
I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 09:14 - Feb 4 with 1106 viewsSitfcB

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:42 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

So unlikely to be signed by another side. I presume we would have paid him off but surprised me he agreed to a mutual termination of his contract.

He’s completing his rehab here for the rest of the season though.
[Post edited 4 Feb 9:17]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 09:49 - Feb 4 with 1015 viewshoppy

Wrong Evans for banter, isn’t it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 09:54 - Feb 4 with 998 viewsJ2BLUE

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 11:42 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

We have almost certainly paid up his contract or are continuing to pay him until he finds something else.

Sounds like it's more of a technicality to get him off the squad list than anything else. I know we could have just left him out of the 25 but this way he has no other commitments other than getting healthy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I don’t know, I trust the McK etc, but I think Evans is such an influential… on 10:05 - Feb 4 with 976 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought this was a bumped old thread for a minute. I think you’re overstating his importance. He was bit part at best earlier in the season, so don’t think he’ll be missed. I liked him though. A really tidy player and at times last season was oozing class. But we’ve moved on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024