Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big big problem 17:26 - Feb 4 with 3527 viewsWickets

KM simply must address the fact that we just keep conceding an early goal or the first goal and in doing so give ourselves a mountain to climb . Does not matter if we are playing Leicester Preston or Maidstone we simply cannot keep blaming the match officials we must sort this out . Hopefully starting next Saturday.
Big big problem on 20:30 - Feb 4 with 597 viewsPhilTWTD

Big big problem on 18:11 - Feb 4 by Mullet

Yep. I wondered if he might go Travis and Morsy in the middle given the battle PNE like to have there and cut off Millar and Keane essentially.

All easy to say now regarding selections etc. but I just think we were genuinely sh1te and didn't do anything we usually do, well.

Yes, it was a surprisingly poor half, one of the worst under KMc.
Big big problem on 21:26 - Feb 4 with 524 viewsBlueForYou

Some defensive marking would be a start. Opposition players are too often left in acres of space. We are too naive! Don’t work hard enough when they have the ball.
Big big problem on 21:31 - Feb 4 with 518 viewsBlueForYou

Are we the football equivalent of Bazball..??
Big big problem on 22:29 - Feb 4 with 484 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think we need to change the formation.

Go three at the back......

Tuanzebe or Fridge/ Woolf/ Burgess

with Clarke and Davis pushing forward as wingbacks.

Morsy and Luongo in midfield

Moore up front with two of Chaplin, Hutchinson, Broadhead, Sarmiento supporting him,

Think that will make us far more solid without sacrificing our attacking capabilities, and therefore less likely to concede so early.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Big big problem on 23:25 - Feb 4 with 433 viewspointofblue

Big big problem on 22:29 - Feb 4 by GlasgowBlue

I think we need to change the formation.

Go three at the back......

Tuanzebe or Fridge/ Woolf/ Burgess

with Clarke and Davis pushing forward as wingbacks.

Morsy and Luongo in midfield

Moore up front with two of Chaplin, Hutchinson, Broadhead, Sarmiento supporting him,

Think that will make us far more solid without sacrificing our attacking capabilities, and therefore less likely to concede so early.

If we go three at the back I think Clarke would take the RCB spot with Burns at RWB.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Big big problem on 00:31 - Feb 5 with 408 viewsEireannach_gorm

Big big problem on 18:00 - Feb 4 by OldFart71

I think what needs to be found is why we are conceding. Is it player not concentrating, not being fully switched on when they go out on the pitch ? A couple of things I have noticed is how teams exploit the gap behind the fullbacks because they are bombing forward and leaving space in behind. Also Hladky has been guilty of some pretty horrendous passing out from the back, some have gone unpunished by a couple haven't and when you are already losing to concede another just makes it so hard to get back in the game. But then Walton doesn't seem to be able to play that type of game. Maybe with Moore now coming into the team it's time to change tactics and hit a few more long balls with the midfield picking them up that way rather than this playing out from the back. That doesn't mean you can never play from the back. If other teams see your goalie going long they may sit back, which allows the goalie to play short to the fullbacks. Maybe time for a goalkeeper change ?

Im inclined to agree about the longer Kickout now that we have Moore. I see the merit of playing it around the back and it has more pros than cons but there should be variation. Good teams that press us cause us problems especially when they know that we will persist with plan A. Early in games, especially away ones, we should not put ourselves under pressure and go long. Definitely think we should retain our possession game. Dont think we need a goalkeeper change, just give Hladky more outfield practice!
I also think that after 30 mins of being 2 down that Moore should have come in. the rest of the team did Jackson no favours and the setup was not working. once we went to 3 down the game was effective gone.
We need to address both problems as we will be meeting better teams in the Premiership.
[Post edited 5 Feb 0:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024