Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt 17:40 - Feb 3 with 3516 viewscbower

But that ball to Morsy for their third. Stupid, suicidal, unnecessary. Sometimes it's just not on. Maybe Morsy offered himself but he can't see the players (plural) closing in on him, Vas can. Terrible ball.

bluescouser

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:44 - Feb 3 with 2847 viewsNthQldITFC

It was, but as you say Morsy was screaming for it. But also as you say Vas should be taking an executive decision and putting his foot through that. A few times recently we've just got the balance a little wrong in sticking religiously to the baiting the press (or whatever the term is). Did it again with Woolf and should have conceded an indirect free kick from it. Needs a little work to tweak it.

But by the gods I'm excited about us going forward!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:47 - Feb 3 with 2821 viewsLankHenners

Like a lot of our passing in the first half it was too casual, like we just expected everything to be fine. Puts no weight on the ball at all so Morsy is essentially having to make a tackle rather than put his foot through the ball cleanly and the inevitable happens. The first half was like we still thought we were playing against a non-league outfit rather than one which actually puts a bit of pressure on you.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:48 - Feb 3 with 2810 viewscbower

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:44 - Feb 3 by NthQldITFC

It was, but as you say Morsy was screaming for it. But also as you say Vas should be taking an executive decision and putting his foot through that. A few times recently we've just got the balance a little wrong in sticking religiously to the baiting the press (or whatever the term is). Did it again with Woolf and should have conceded an indirect free kick from it. Needs a little work to tweak it.

But by the gods I'm excited about us going forward!

If we move the ball with pace, we will win plenty of games for sure.

bluescouser

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:52 - Feb 3 with 2754 viewsIllinoisblue

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:47 - Feb 3 by LankHenners

Like a lot of our passing in the first half it was too casual, like we just expected everything to be fine. Puts no weight on the ball at all so Morsy is essentially having to make a tackle rather than put his foot through the ball cleanly and the inevitable happens. The first half was like we still thought we were playing against a non-league outfit rather than one which actually puts a bit of pressure on you.

Casual is exactly the word. Sleepwalking into trouble. So frustrating because all PNE had was their press. And that’s all they needed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:54 - Feb 3 with 2720 viewsLankHenners

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:52 - Feb 3 by Illinoisblue

Casual is exactly the word. Sleepwalking into trouble. So frustrating because all PNE had was their press. And that’s all they needed.

Allowed them to counter too easily as well with sloppy passes in forward areas. Chaplin and Sarmiento both guilty of trying to do little flicks rather than just play normally which lost us the ball while a couple of times Burns played a really slack ball infield which got intercepted.

We were playing half-asleep for the 1st half and it's cost us.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:56 - Feb 3 with 2691 viewsblueislander

He should have been sent off as well. Having said that I am not calling for a change in the way we play out from the back. Today we just didn’t do it very well, and Preston pressed very effectively.
Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:02 - Feb 3 with 2614 viewsFrimleyBlue

But. It must be said morsy at times needs to be quicker on the turn. But also.. when they scored their third he should have read that wolfy wasn't a pass to make and simply passed it back to hladky.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 2634 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

After the Sunderland chance you’d think he wouldn’t have looked at that ball again with attackers in the area but he probably feels a lot more comfortable with Morsy there to do it. It’s a particular shame as we weren’t out of it at 2-0.
Login to get fewer ads

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:15 - Feb 3 with 2572 viewsGarv

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:02 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

But. It must be said morsy at times needs to be quicker on the turn. But also.. when they scored their third he should have read that wolfy wasn't a pass to make and simply passed it back to hladky.

Thought Morsy looked a little off the pace at times today. Although I'm also convinced he was fouled for the first.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:17 - Feb 3 with 2535 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:15 - Feb 3 by Garv

Thought Morsy looked a little off the pace at times today. Although I'm also convinced he was fouled for the first.

He really did. I've never seen morsy standing still but at times he genuinely was..

What I thought was odd. Was we struggled with the single option. So why not bring luongo back and give us 2 for hladky to aim for and then break from there.

Waka waka eh eh

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:19 - Feb 3 with 2541 viewspointofblue

I'd argue we looked better against Leicester and Sunderland without him than Maidstone and Preston with him. Albeit stepped up in the second half today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:22 - Feb 3 with 2494 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:19 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

I'd argue we looked better against Leicester and Sunderland without him than Maidstone and Preston with him. Albeit stepped up in the second half today.

I personally think we are at the either or with luongo and morsy

For me. Preston away is a Travis game.

Waka waka eh eh

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:24 - Feb 3 with 2494 viewspointofblue

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:22 - Feb 3 by FrimleyBlue

I personally think we are at the either or with luongo and morsy

For me. Preston away is a Travis game.

Though Travis himself looked completely off it at Leicester.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:26 - Feb 3 with 2461 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:24 - Feb 3 by pointofblue

Though Travis himself looked completely off it at Leicester.

I agree but that was leicester

He was brilliant in the game before which for me was similar in the battle as this one was gonna be

Just seemed an odd signing to make but not used in a game which seemed most suited for.

Waka waka eh eh

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:28 - Feb 3 with 2464 viewsredrickstuhaart

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 17:56 - Feb 3 by blueislander

He should have been sent off as well. Having said that I am not calling for a change in the way we play out from the back. Today we just didn’t do it very well, and Preston pressed very effectively.

No he shouldnt.
Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:34 - Feb 3 with 2429 viewsVic

I haven’t seen today, but have noticed a few times recently that teams have been closer to nicking the ball out from Hladky. Thing is, teams now know what we’re going to do and so are on the front foot to stop it.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:41 - Feb 3 with 2398 viewsblueislander

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:28 - Feb 3 by redrickstuhaart

No he shouldnt.

It was a deliberate hand ball from a back pass.
Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:44 - Feb 3 with 2379 viewsredrickstuhaart

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:41 - Feb 3 by blueislander

It was a deliberate hand ball from a back pass.

Its not handball, its picking up a backpass.

Have you ever seen a keeper sent off for that?! Its an indirect free kick. It doesn't come under the handball rule.
Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 19:37 - Feb 3 with 2244 viewsNthQldITFC

Both Morsy and Luongo were off it in the first half, that's where we lost our control of the game I think. Morsy much better second half. Bobbly pitch didn't help us today - I noticed a number of times where players had to adjust last second due to a bobble.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 20:30 - Feb 3 with 2109 viewsblueislander

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 18:44 - Feb 3 by redrickstuhaart

Its not handball, its picking up a backpass.

Have you ever seen a keeper sent off for that?! Its an indirect free kick. It doesn't come under the handball rule.

I would bow to your greater knowledge if you have a referee’s qualification. If not I stand by that it was deliberate handball denying a goalscoring opportunity.
Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 21:43 - Feb 3 with 1968 viewsVic

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 20:30 - Feb 3 by blueislander

I would bow to your greater knowledge if you have a referee’s qualification. If not I stand by that it was deliberate handball denying a goalscoring opportunity.

I don’t think it can be a handball because the result of picking up a back pass is an indirect free kick. Handball results in a direct free kick.

‘A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences: a handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area) holds an opponent. impedes an opponent with contact.’

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 22:13 - Feb 3 with 1895 viewstextbackup

I remember away to BCFC, Wolf didn’t give it to Morsy (as he was under pressure, Morsy gave him a mouthful…) next move Wolf gave it to him (under pressure and he lost it)

Not saying Morsy is to blame etc, but he demands that ball in those spaces

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 22:32 - Feb 3 with 1822 viewscbower

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 22:13 - Feb 3 by textbackup

I remember away to BCFC, Wolf didn’t give it to Morsy (as he was under pressure, Morsy gave him a mouthful…) next move Wolf gave it to him (under pressure and he lost it)

Not saying Morsy is to blame etc, but he demands that ball in those spaces

He does, he did, but Vas can see the play. It's not always on. Even Pep's team put their foot through it when necessary. Vas should do what he knows is right.

bluescouser

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 22:34 - Feb 3 with 1784 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 22:32 - Feb 3 by cbower

He does, he did, but Vas can see the play. It's not always on. Even Pep's team put their foot through it when necessary. Vas should do what he knows is right.

I still think hladky thought morsy would play it straight back to him but instead morsy tried finding wolfy which wasn't on

Waka waka eh eh

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 23:12 - Feb 3 with 1697 viewsredrickstuhaart

Hladky has been great. He is important no doubt on 21:43 - Feb 3 by Vic

I don’t think it can be a handball because the result of picking up a back pass is an indirect free kick. Handball results in a direct free kick.

‘A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences: a handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area) holds an opponent. impedes an opponent with contact.’

Its not handball, so handball rule does not apply.

Handball is not a sending off offence anyway.

The rules specifically deal with the situation:

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY (DOGSO)

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence, the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs **(except a goalkeeper within their penalty area).**
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024