Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore - Chaplin 09:50 - Feb 5 with 2540 viewsTractorCam

We will have a new dynamic with our play with Moore in the side, with plenty more crosses going in early to reach the big man's noggin. This in turn will free up Chaplin, who has been anonymous since Hirst's injury, to play off that space he thrives on.

I still strongly believe we can get top 2, with Davis being a constant provider of goals for these guys.
[Post edited 5 Feb 9:51]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Moore - Chaplin on 09:59 - Feb 5 with 2471 viewsdavblue

Davis noticeably was just scooping them up for Moore rather than the usual pace on his crosses. Will hopefully cause some damage.
Moore - Chaplin on 10:02 - Feb 5 with 2442 viewsTractorCam

Moore - Chaplin on 09:59 - Feb 5 by davblue

Davis noticeably was just scooping them up for Moore rather than the usual pace on his crosses. Will hopefully cause some damage.

Yep, think more crosses went into the air Saturday than in the last two years combined! Don't recall him losing a header either, this will be deadly.

Moore - Chaplin on 10:03 - Feb 5 with 2437 viewstonybied

Indeed, it's still well in our own hands at the moment. Win our game in hand on Leeds and we go back above them, beat Southampton in our own yard and then we just have to match their results for the season.

Southampton are on a record unbeaten run (for them) and it will come to an end sooner or later, who knows how they'll react when that happens?

This season has quite some similarities to the last, and that should've taught us not to lose our heads if dropping away from the leading pack slightly. There's plenty of action, twists and turns to come yet.

COYB!
Moore - Chaplin on 10:16 - Feb 5 with 2369 viewsSheffordBlue

Moore - Chaplin on 10:02 - Feb 5 by TractorCam

Yep, think more crosses went into the air Saturday than in the last two years combined! Don't recall him losing a header either, this will be deadly.

He won 8 of 9 aerial duels. Compare this with the Preston CB Jordan Storey who lost 7 of 7. That's got to hurt as a CB!

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Moore - Chaplin on 10:16 - Feb 5 with 2367 viewsketton_itfc

Agreed.People are writing us off way too early, which in fact could be a blessing. We saw last season what this team can do and I think we can do something similar again.

Everyone points to the last 8 games as being the start of our freefall, but if you look at the underlying numbers we're still creating chances. And with Kieffer and Ali we now have genuine variation on how we play - teams pushing up on us risk being done as you say by the Moore - Chappers combination or we can get first time balls in the box rather than just playing for the pull back or breaking on the counter.

Just like last year when Sheff Wed wobbled, I fully expect Leeds and Southampton to have a wobble so we just need to keep doing our thing. Both those teams have massive pressure to get promoted and that will hit at some point.
Moore - Chaplin on 10:28 - Feb 5 with 2302 viewsSomethingBlue

Hopefully this comes to pass. If – big if, as it'll be a very tight game – we can get past West Brom I sense we'll be really well set for a massive push.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Moore - Chaplin on 10:55 - Feb 5 with 2156 viewswhymark4lazio0

Great to see the positivity of this post AND all of the replies. COYB!

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Moore - Chaplin on 10:57 - Feb 5 with 2142 viewstonybied

Moore - Chaplin on 10:28 - Feb 5 by SomethingBlue

Hopefully this comes to pass. If – big if, as it'll be a very tight game – we can get past West Brom I sense we'll be really well set for a massive push.

A win a West Brom is not pivotal but it sure would send a statement that the tractor is fired back up and ready to demolish all in its path again!
Login to get fewer ads

Moore - Chaplin on 11:00 - Feb 5 with 2127 viewsEastboundSplinter

Not only does it free up Chaplin but it’ll also allow Jackson to return to his preferred wide roll and start racking up those assists.
Moore - Chaplin on 11:03 - Feb 5 with 2105 viewsTractorCam

Moore - Chaplin on 10:16 - Feb 5 by ketton_itfc

Agreed.People are writing us off way too early, which in fact could be a blessing. We saw last season what this team can do and I think we can do something similar again.

Everyone points to the last 8 games as being the start of our freefall, but if you look at the underlying numbers we're still creating chances. And with Kieffer and Ali we now have genuine variation on how we play - teams pushing up on us risk being done as you say by the Moore - Chappers combination or we can get first time balls in the box rather than just playing for the pull back or breaking on the counter.

Just like last year when Sheff Wed wobbled, I fully expect Leeds and Southampton to have a wobble so we just need to keep doing our thing. Both those teams have massive pressure to get promoted and that will hit at some point.

As someone pointed out elsewhere, Southampton have to play all the other top sides away from home. So if we can at worst keep up with them by the 16th March (When they play Leicester) we'll be in an excellent position.

Moore - Chaplin on 11:07 - Feb 5 with 2078 viewsOsborneOneNil

Moore - Chaplin on 11:00 - Feb 5 by EastboundSplinter

Not only does it free up Chaplin but it’ll also allow Jackson to return to his preferred wide roll and start racking up those assists.

On the wind up.
Moore - Chaplin on 11:29 - Feb 5 with 1969 viewsEastboundSplinter

Moore - Chaplin on 11:07 - Feb 5 by OsborneOneNil

On the wind up.

There are only 3 fit squad members with more assists this season and they’ve not been played out of position.
Moore - Chaplin on 11:58 - Feb 5 with 1853 viewsOsborneOneNil

Moore - Chaplin on 11:29 - Feb 5 by EastboundSplinter

There are only 3 fit squad members with more assists this season and they’ve not been played out of position.

Good stat, but, we have better players than Jackson so play right side.

IMO, of course.
Moore - Chaplin on 12:05 - Feb 5 with 1817 viewsSamWhiteUK

Moore - Chaplin on 10:02 - Feb 5 by TractorCam

Keiffer is so tall he won a header against the keeper who had gone in with his hands
Moore - Chaplin on 12:08 - Feb 6 with 1316 viewsCityBlue

Moore will attract sufficient attention to give Chaplin the extra space. Expect goals from both to increase.

I T I D

Agreed on 12:27 - Feb 6 with 1243 viewsDyland

Another Sunderland-esque game for the Sky cameras please.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Moore - Chaplin on 14:38 - Feb 6 with 1057 viewstractorboy1978

Obviously a 'tough game' to the extent they all are but West Brom's away record is pretty average/poor. 15 points from 14 games. A totally different prospect than they are at The Hawthorns.
[Post edited 6 Feb 14:39]
Moore - Chaplin on 14:47 - Feb 6 with 1014 viewsLankHenners

Moore - Chaplin on 14:38 - Feb 6 by tractorboy1978

Obviously a 'tough game' to the extent they all are but West Brom's away record is pretty average/poor. 15 points from 14 games. A totally different prospect than they are at The Hawthorns.
[Post edited 6 Feb 14:39]

Wary of tempting fate but they've only won once away since the beginning of December and that was against Rotherham, and have lost half of their total away games.

Not the sort of team you want to go behind against really as they're an experienced unit under a coach known for his very good defensive tactical plans but as you say their performances/results suggest a lot of their success is made at home.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Moore - Chaplin on 15:09 - Feb 6 with 959 viewsSomethingBlue

Moore - Chaplin on 14:47 - Feb 6 by LankHenners

Wary of tempting fate but they've only won once away since the beginning of December and that was against Rotherham, and have lost half of their total away games.

Not the sort of team you want to go behind against really as they're an experienced unit under a coach known for his very good defensive tactical plans but as you say their performances/results suggest a lot of their success is made at home.

Diangana still being away – a little unexpectedly – is also very good news as he's such a massive threat on the transition, one of the best in the division.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Moore - Chaplin on 15:29 - Feb 6 with 910 viewshoppy

Moore - Chaplin on 10:03 - Feb 5 by tonybied

Indeed, it's still well in our own hands at the moment. Win our game in hand on Leeds and we go back above them, beat Southampton in our own yard and then we just have to match their results for the season.

Southampton are on a record unbeaten run (for them) and it will come to an end sooner or later, who knows how they'll react when that happens?

This season has quite some similarities to the last, and that should've taught us not to lose our heads if dropping away from the leading pack slightly. There's plenty of action, twists and turns to come yet.

COYB!

"Southampton are on a record unbeaten run (for them)"

and yet, we're still only 2 points behind them, despite our 'wobble' of just 1 win in 8 games just goes to show how well we have been doing this season overall. People (pundits mainly) seem to be focussing on that stat - 1 win in 8 games... not many mentions of just 4 losses in 29 games.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024